Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:19:21 AM
714201 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Non Gory Horror films that work « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Non Gory Horror films that work  (Read 16369 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 01:29:22 PM »

The Innocents

The Orphanage

The Devil's Backbone

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 05:29:17 PM »

Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?

If you've never watched this before, this clip features a great scene that you might want to save for when you actually view the movie for the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=648-2RE4XAk&feature=related

Baby Jane is excellent psycholigical horror at its finest excellence!  Buggedout

Thanks guys, I have seen a lot of these, but some real good ideas have come up.  Someone esle said Saw 1 was excellent without being a splat fest, Now I have confirmation.

And RC... The Shadow of The Vampire is is about the making of Nosferatu, excellent film if you haven't seen it.  But I like Malkovitch.
-Ed

I own SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE and agree....horror and humor in a jugular vein! Hehehe!

More...
SPARROWS (1926) Mary Pickford vs the evil orphanage headmaster-Gustav Von Seyffertitz (thats a hellova name to spell!  Buggedout).
Sounds like a run of the mill meller drammer,eh? Thing is-this was filmed like it was a horror movie...and damned if it aint!
This trailer really doesn't do it justice-trailers did just the opposite of what the do now-a filmaker who had a shocking film watered down the trailers-and they got hit with the goods inside!

Small | Large

Another I feel I MUST mention...
Carl Theodor Dreyer's VAMPYR (1931). I wont-nay- cant give you a run down on this film simply because Im not a good writer. Watching this film is  like when you have a dream you are running-but your feet are stuck in thick mud.  You cant escape. And it just goes on and on. The nightmare never ends.
Small | Large

Watching this clip...you might think this is a silent film...its very visual.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 05:34:17 PM by RCMerchant » Logged

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Skull
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 05:58:31 PM »

Few that is fun to watch...

Small | Large

The Miniskirt Murders [Naked You Die] (1968)

Small | Large

Mill of the Stone Women (1960)

Small | Large

A Bucket of Blood (1959)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 06:26:23 PM »

Few that is fun to watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyDqcvRDTm0

The Miniskirt Murders [Naked You Die] (1968)

Why have I never heard of this film? I yam so ashamed! MUST SEE!  hot

OK- I'll get hell for this-but this film is tense,great music (the SHINING stole the theme music! Dont believe me? COMPARE!)and creepy! This fim has been in public domain for a looooong time-but for its low budget-it's quite scary (to me at least).
The SCREAMING SKULL!

Small | Large

The SCREAMING SKULL

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 08:07:57 PM »

There are MANY 50's era ghost story movies that come to mind...stuff like THE BLUE ROOM, for example.

Okay, to set the record straight, the movie I was thinking of here was THE SECRET OF THE BLUE ROOM (1933).  I've only see it once, probably 30 years ago, so I had just thought it was from the 50's.

Lots of good suggestions in this thread...time to see which ones Netflix has available.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 08:40:17 PM »

There are MANY 50's era ghost story movies that come to mind...stuff like THE BLUE ROOM, for example.

Okay, to set the record straight, the movie I was thinking of here was THE SECRET OF THE BLUE ROOM (1933).  I've only see it once, probably 30 years ago, so I had just thought it was from the 50's.

Lots of good suggestions in this thread...time to see which ones Netflix has available.
I rememeber seeing MURDER IN THE BLUE ROOM =(1944) On a double bill with THE CURSE OF THE CAT PEOPLE  waaaaay back in 1971 on Double Creature Feature! For some reason I thought  the Andrew Sisters were in one of the BLUE ROOM fliks...hmmm..mebbe a rip off? I know Lionel Atwill andGloria Stuart were nin SECRETS of the BLUE ROOM (1933)...DAMN I know there is MO! Damn the imdb! I seen an ANDREWS Sisters with-mebbe a short?  Question I know whatta I know!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 09:03:18 PM »

I rememeber seeing MURDER IN THE BLUE ROOM =(1944) On a double bill with THE CURSE OF THE CAT PEOPLE  waaaaay back in 1971 on Double Creature Feature! For some reason I thought  the Andrew Sisters were in one of the BLUE ROOM fliks...hmmm..mebbe a rip off? I know Lionel Atwill andGloria Stuart were nin SECRETS of the BLUE ROOM (1933)...DAMN I know there is MO! Damn the imdb! I seen an ANDREWS Sisters with-mebbe a short?  Question I know whatta I know!

Well, Murder in the Blue Room (1944) apparently has some Boogie Woogie songs sung by a girl group...but I don't think it was actually the Andrew Sisters.

Could that be the one of which you think?

(I don't think I've ever seen this one, I just found it while trying to pin down the one I DID see).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2010, 09:11:18 PM »

Well, Murder in the Blue Room (1944) apparently has some Boogie Woogie songs sung by a girl group...but I don't think it was actually the Andrew Sisters.

Could that be the one of which you think?

(I don't think I've ever seen this one, I just found it while trying to pin down the one I DID see).
ILL bet yer right! I was about  10 years old-1972-saw MURDER IN THE BLUE ROOM-so its been a while! Bet yer right! THANKS!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Couchtr26

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2010, 09:54:01 PM »

Another I feel I MUST mention...
Carl Theodor Dreyer's VAMPYR (1931). I wont-nay- cant give you a run down on this film simply because Im not a good writer. Watching this film is  like when you have a dream you are running-but your feet are stuck in thick mud.  You cant escape. And it just goes on and on. The nightmare never ends.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sdkdTmNGwY
Watching this clip...you might think this is a silent film...its very visual.

Ahhh, I had forgotten Vampyr. 

Ah, the good old days.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 11:45:59 AM »

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
voltron

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 12:59:26 PM »

Shock Waves (1977)

Small | Large

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
316zombie
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 06:27:11 PM »

carnival of souls,the original version.
vampire circus.
the bad seed,the original version.
rebecca.
the uninvited,the original version.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2010, 07:02:04 PM »

A Tale of Two Sisters ?

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2010, 10:56:45 PM »

A Tale of Two Sisters ?

I Thnk he's referring to this-the 1944 ghost film-a GREAT ghost movie!

Small | Large

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
316zombie
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2010, 11:56:00 PM »

i'm a she,lol,and yes,that's the one!
i'm barri,haven't posted in quite awhile,but i know some of you from the moviescript threads. Smile
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Non Gory Horror films that work « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.