Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:35:36 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV episodes that scared you? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Author Topic: TV episodes that scared you?  (Read 90783 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« on: December 22, 2010, 03:09:18 AM »

For me, it will always be the eerie McCloud episode Someones Out To Get Jenny where a heiress is almost driven mad by visions of her supposedly deceased boyfriend. There is one scene in that episode that nearly drove me buggers: the whole day, she's been hearing her boyfriend whispering "Jennnnnyyyyyyyyy...." to her and she tries to find refuge from the madness in her apartment.

The voice continues calling her name even in her apartment and as she stares in horror, the lifesize, faceless portrait of her boyfriend that she has painted on the wall comes to life, calling "Jennnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyy........."  Buggedout Buggedout Buggedout
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:29:38 AM by Zap Rowsdower » Logged

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:59:22 AM »

The "Force of Life" episode of Space 1999.  I swear it gave me nightmares when I was a little kid.

Small | Large

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 08:09:33 AM »

The "Force of Life" episode of Space 1999.  I swear it gave me nightmares when I was a little kid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk9YyX3L3MY

I don't remember that episode but Wikipedia states that it was aired on 11 September for the first time: my birthday.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 12:43:35 PM »

When I was really young this scene from The Brady Bunch really freaked me out. Not when I was watching it but later when I was thinking about it in bed. Something about Marica's ghostly "I must get out, I must have air!" really rattled my tiny tot brain.

Small | Large

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 01:12:55 PM »

I don't remember that episode but Wikipedia states that it was aired on 11 September for the first time: my birthday.  Smile

LOL, my wedding anniversary too  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 11:38:26 AM »

The "Green Fingers" episode of NIGHT GALLERY was pretty creepy.  Actually, the NIGHT GALLERY intro was pretty creepy, too!

Small | Large

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 02:14:42 PM »

The finel episode of seaone one of Lost In Space entitled, "Follow The Leader."  It was the most chilling of any of the episodes, and worth it's weight in gold on any market.

After an earthquake causes Prof. Robsinson to fall into a lower level of a cave, he finds the tomb of an ancient warrior whose been dead for millenia.  The spirit slowly takes control of prof. Robinson thru a mask that holds his spirit inside of it.

As he slowly becomes more aggressive and violent, it appears nothing can stop the evil alien spirit from it's mission to resume conquering the galaxy.

This episode was a great example of what made LIS the great show it was, and had the writers stayed on course for this sort of great writing, the show would have had a few more good seasons, guaranteed.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 02:25:20 PM »

When I was really young this scene from The Brady Bunch really freaked me out. Not when I was watching it but later when I was thinking about it in bed. Something about Marica's ghostly "I must get out, I must have air!" really rattled my tiny tot brain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJKK6WSeILw&feature=related

That was the episode where they were trying to outdo each other,  scaring each other at a slumber party or something, wasn't it? 

In that same episode, didn't Alice open the fridge and find a skull with glowing red eyes in it?  That was a good one.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 02:29:37 PM »

Another old show comes to mind here:

Do any of you 70's era guys and gals (like me) remember William Castle's Circle Of Fear TV show?  It was on in the early 70's on Channel 4.

There was an episode about a man and wife who bought or inherited a new house, with these six clear glass bottles on a shelf. Each bottle had the spirit of someone inside of them, and they would talk to each other in unintelligible tones.  That one worked it's own special fright magic on my young and fragile psyche  Buggedout

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 11:53:01 AM »

There were a few creepy Fantasy Island episodes, and one really got me. It was the episode with the young woman who has been mute since she witnessed her mother's murder, and wants to remember exactly what happened that night. On a dark and stormy night, she ends up getting startled and chased by this big, scruffy looking guy, who is reaching for her and making weird grunting sounds. It turns out to be the retarded half-brother she didn't know about, because his father, the kindly neighbour, kept him out of sight. Her mother fell down the stairs after being similarly startled by this guy's totally innocent actions.

Scared the living crap out of me.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flangepart

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 01:52:50 PM »

"IT's A COOK BOOK!"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2010, 10:49:46 AM »

"IT's A COOK BOOK!"

"To Serve Man", lol   One of the neatest classic Twilight Zone episodes ever.

Also, the classic Outer Limits episode with William Shatner, "Cold Hands, Warm Heart."  The celery stalk creature that would haunt Shatner in his dreams would freak me out....it had all that wild, floating hair and that evil downturned grimace as it floated like some ethereal being..

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

66Crush
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 09:48:50 PM »

Believe it or not it was a "Happy Days" episode. I was probably about four or five. It was the episode where Ritchie, Potsey and Ralph go to this weird beatnik club. There was this gypsy looking woman reciting poetry about death. Back then scary women really bothered me more than monsters. That Chifon margerine commercial with Mother Nature, would scare me so bad I had to jump up in my Grandma lap.
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2010, 08:17:33 AM »

For me, nothing was as creepy or as disturbing as the episode of Diff'rent Strokes that was used to teach kids about the dangers of pedophiles. The creepy old man who owned the bicycle shop was so BELIEVABLE. That episode pushed it to the limit and I'm not sure that any show on TV today would be willing to go that far. The 80's were something else with all those "Very Special" episodes of sit-coms.

Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 10:57:01 AM »

I think it was an episode of Night Gallery. All I really remember is that someone got a sculpture of a panther, one of those that were really popular in the '70s. One of these:

It had a demon or something inside it, and it's eye glowed red. It really creeped me out because my aunt had one of those sculptures, and every time we went to her house, I'd swear the eye was glowing. Also, since it was such a small light, I would be reminded of the image every time I saw a small, red pinpoint of light. Like, oh say, on an alarm clock in the dark. I still think about that sometimes, and it's still a little creepy.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV episodes that scared you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.