Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:26:32 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV episodes that scared you? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Author Topic: TV episodes that scared you?  (Read 90806 times)
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2011, 09:45:06 PM »

Here's the only time I remember being absolutely scared stiff by a TV episode:

When I was about 4 or 5 as the new episode of Green Acres was coming on I suddenly started screaming and crying uncontrollably that she was gonna 'git me'.

Turns out the night before I had caught a few minutes of William Castle's PICTURE MOMMY DEAD on TV featuring a ghostly Zsa Zsa Gabor. Apparently my young mind couldn't tell Zsa Zsa from Eva Gabor so I was convinced Lisa Douglas was 'git me'.

That was always one of my mom's favorite stories about my weird childhood.   Smile

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2011, 11:22:42 PM »

The Harvest Moon episode of Courage, The Cowardly Dog
http://www.220.ro/desene-animate/Courage-The-Cowardly-Dog-Curaj-Cainele-Fricos-House-Of-Discontent/sznbBM6edY/

plus that creepy voice
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 11:35:32 PM by Chris M. » Logged

yeah no.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2011, 10:28:30 AM »

Here's the only time I remember being absolutely scared stiff by a TV episode:

When I was about 4 or 5 as the new episode of Green Acres was coming on I suddenly started screaming and crying uncontrollably that she was gonna 'git me'.

Turns out the night before I had caught a few minutes of William Castle's PICTURE MOMMY DEAD on TV featuring a ghostly Zsa Zsa Gabor. Apparently my young mind couldn't tell Zsa Zsa from Eva Gabor so I was convinced Lisa Douglas was 'git me'.

That was always one of my mom's favorite stories about my weird childhood.   Smile

I had the same problem with Juliet Mills after seeing Beyond The Door. I previously remember her from Nanny And The Professor as a sweet and loving lady.

Then I see her as this posessed, raving, animalistic beast spewing black vomit and obscenities and it totally blew my mind.  The change in character and the shattered notions of innocence lost.

To this day, that movie still manages to rattle my cage, badly.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Couchtr26

« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2011, 12:36:21 PM »

You mean the Zorro TV show with Guy Williams, aka Professor Robinson on Lost In Space?  The episode of LIS I spoke of earlier, "Follow The Leader" had Williams show off a bit of his fencing skills, as he was possessed by the spirit of an ancient alien warrior.

Nah, the New World Zorro series with Duncan Regehr.  I never really watched the old disney not that I had anything against it but as I was growing up never really on in the areas I was living in at the time.  I mean it was on Disney I think but that was a premium and I had the influence with my grandparents of a flea. 

Ah, the good old days.
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2011, 04:55:33 PM »

You mean the Zorro TV show with Guy Williams, aka Professor Robinson on Lost In Space?  The episode of LIS I spoke of earlier, "Follow The Leader" had Williams show off a bit of his fencing skills, as he was possessed by the spirit of an ancient alien warrior.

Nah, the New World Zorro series with Duncan Regehr.  I never really watched the old disney not that I had anything against it but as I was growing up never really on in the areas I was living in at the time.  I mean it was on Disney I think but that was a premium and I had the influence with my grandparents of a flea. 

Duncan Regehr! He played Dracula in The Monster Squad and he was also a villain by the name of Dirk Blackpoole in the old 1980's CBS fantasy series Wizards And Warriors.  I remember him well.  If I remember right, the guy hwo played the hero, Eric Greystone, Jeff Conaway, was also a regular on Taxi.

As for the original Zorro with Guy Williams, Jonathan Harris (the evil Dr. Smith on Lost In Space played a fairly regular character, and so did J. Carroll Naish, who you may remember playing the last of the Fankensteins in Al Adamson's Dracula vs. Frankenstein.  All this off the top of my head from my memory, too!  BounceGiggle

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Couchtr26

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2011, 12:04:36 AM »

All this off the top of my head from my memory, too!  BounceGiggle

I must say I am impressed. 

Ah, the good old days.
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2011, 09:07:43 AM »

http://www.220.ro/desene-animate/Courage-The-Cowardly-Dog-Curaj-Cainele-Fricos-House-Of-Discontent/sznbBM6edY/

plus that creepy voice

Ah yes, Courage the Cowardly Dog.  What a freaky show that was.  Here's a personal favorite.  It freaked me out the first time I saw it and nowadays all I can do is say WTF when I see it.

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2011, 02:48:48 PM »

The Real Ghostbsuters had some decidedly creepy villainous ghosts (The Boogieman, Mr. Sandman, Samhain, The Grundel, The Ghostmaster, Boogaloo and Cathulhu) who definitely frightened me a bit in my younger days.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2011, 10:27:15 PM »

All this off the top of my head from my memory, too!  BounceGiggle

I must say I am impressed. 

Thanks fer' that one  Smile 

I guess there are some people who forget names, places and things, and those who somehow have a mind like a steel trap.  I dunna' where I got it from..

For years both friends and family alike have labelled me 'the professor of useless information' and in my own way, I guess I am. I guess it also shows me as being passionate about what I enjoy, even though the days of classic TV are history.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2011, 11:53:24 PM »

plus that creepy voice

Is that Death from The Seventh Seal

I've always felt that The X-Files has been the scariest show ever allowed on tv.

Example A:

"The Host"

vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2011, 03:29:44 AM »

Did someone call me?? LOL

The Flukeman is the best Thumbup
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2011, 06:54:58 AM »

Beyond The Sea from The X Files was immensely disturbing as was the episode Pusher with Robert Wisden as the cheerful murderer. Yes, cheerful.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2011, 02:09:15 PM »

Beyond The Sea from The X Files was immensely disturbing as was the episode Pusher with Robert Wisden as the cheerful murderer. Yes, cheerful.

If you wanna see the most disturbing episode of TXF see Home from season 4, you can find its description in my "controversial tv shows" thread. Also, many people find badlaa from season 8 disturbing, but personally, the second disturbing one from me is Roadrunners, also from season 8.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2011, 04:05:47 PM »

If you wanna see the most disturbing episode of TXF see Home from season 4, you can find its description in my "controversial tv shows" thread. Also, many people find badlaa from season 8 disturbing, but personally, the second disturbing one from me is Roadrunners, also from season 8.

Roadrunners one of my fave episodes !

Sanguinarium from S4 is also a really dark episode.  Thumbup

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Raffine

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2011, 04:13:08 PM »

I always found 'Home' to ba a particularly disturbing X-Files episode.

Some really bizarre Wiki trivia about the episode:

"Home" was inspired by a tale in Charlie Chaplin's autobiography, about the time he stayed at a tenement home while touring in a British musical theatre. After dinner, the family took him upstairs to meet their son - and pulled him out from under a bed. The son had no arms and legs and flopped around while they sang and danced.

Geesh!

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV episodes that scared you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.