Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:27:35 PM
712918 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV episodes that scared you? « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: TV episodes that scared you?  (Read 90782 times)
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2011, 04:16:38 PM »

I always found 'Home' to ba a particularly disturbing X-Files episode.

Some really bizarre Wiki trivia about the episode:

"Home" was inspired by a tale in Charlie Chaplin's autobiography, about the time he stayed at a tenement home while touring in a British musical theatre. After dinner, the family took him upstairs to meet their son - and pulled him out from under a bed. The son had no arms and legs and flopped around while they sang and danced.

Geesh!

Us Brits are always doing crazy stuff like that !

We're funny people with funny ways.  TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #61 on: February 01, 2011, 01:21:57 AM »

The episode of Homicide: Life On The Street where a seriously ill and hallucinating Frank Pembleton wakes up in his coffin screaming.  Buggedout Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Couchtr26

« Reply #62 on: February 01, 2011, 06:41:24 PM »

All this off the top of my head from my memory, too!  BounceGiggle

I must say I am impressed. 

Thanks fer' that one  Smile 

I guess there are some people who forget names, places and things, and those who somehow have a mind like a steel trap.  I dunna' where I got it from..

For years both friends and family alike have labelled me 'the professor of useless information' and in my own way, I guess I am. I guess it also shows me as being passionate about what I enjoy, even though the days of classic TV are history.

Always welcome.  There is few things I can do that with to be honest.  I used to be like that with Star Wars information.  However, I find my interests going from one thing to another I lose focus to retain much information.  I'm always impressed with memory recall or someone who has a skill I lack or am incapable of doing myself.  In this we all have talents and abilities that we deserve to be recognized for at times. 

Ah, the good old days.
Warp Ninja X
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2011, 04:01:54 AM »

The New Twilight Zone episode Teacher's Aide and Tales From The Darkside episode Trick Or Treat.  Buggedout
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2011, 04:16:23 AM »

We're funny people with funny ways.  TeddyR

That may be so but you gave us one of the world's most beautiful people, Princess Diana. Beautiful inside and outside.  Smile

Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2011, 01:43:41 AM »

We're funny people with funny ways.  TeddyR

That may be so but you gave us one of the world's most beautiful people, Princess Diana. Beautiful inside and outside.  Smile

Agreed, my mom and grandmother cried like babies when Elton John played Candle In The Wind for Lady Diana at her funeral. Lady Di was very attractive to be sure.

As for other things Britian gave we Yanks (aside from North America  Wink)  was one thing I still love to this day, the New Wave Of British Heavy Metal, or NWOBHM. The music is still as good today as it was then, and then some!

I still love listening to Raven, Jaguar, White Spirit, Gaskin, and many others from that very short but extremely prolific period that gave a lot of inspiration to the American metal scene.

One band that really knew who to work it was Tank.  Here's a clip of an old favorite of mine, "Heavy Artillery." Enjoy this rare piece of work, this is classic stuff! 

EDIT: This is the actual song, combined with old original and remastered clips of Tank.

Small | Large
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 01:52:54 AM by Umaril The Unfeathered » Logged

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2011, 02:08:44 AM »

Agreed, my mom and grandmother cried like babies when Elton John played Candle In The Wind for Lady Diana at her funeral. Lady Di was very attractive to be sure.

She also gave a damn about people less fortunate than herself and highlighted the plight of people living with HIV, the handicapped, the elderly, landmines etc, so for that, I go  Cheers to her. Pity she had such a $#@%^&* for a husband. 

Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2011, 12:57:54 PM »

She also gave a damn about people less fortunate than herself and highlighted the plight of people living with HIV, the handicapped, the elderly, landmines etc, so for that, I go  Cheers to her. Pity she had such a $#@%^&* for a husband. 

Yeah, Prince Charles, what can you NOT say about him?

Of course, in terms of Lady Di's sons, Harry showed great intelligence when he dressed up as an SS officer at a Halloween party years ago, not realizing that his grand-mum and great-grams witnessed firsthand, the destruction that symbol caused to the world, and to their own backyard... Lookingup

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Nightowl
Bad Movie Lover

Local TV-Movie Nerd!

« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2011, 12:25:31 AM »

I Survived is pretty frightening. It just scares me what people are capable of. The show made me very untrusting of others.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 12:47:41 AM by Nightowl » Logged

Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2011, 05:01:29 AM »

The Scottish TV series Taggart had a series of episodes dealing with voodoo and the supernatural entitled Funeral Rites which was pretty spooky. It did have a funny wrap-up though when the killer's car lands up in a flooded quarry with the killer inside but his intended victim ~ a mute young man named Tommy ~ gets safely out, until one of the cops grabs him and he almost goes into the quarry himself.  Buggedout

Taggart: "You trying to make his day?" [sees car disappearing under water].
Taggart: "Well, that's the easy part of it."
Jardine [shocked]: "Easy?"
Taggart: [smiles] "Now I have to go home and tell Jean she needs a new hairdresser."

TeddyR TeddyR

bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2011, 01:54:39 PM »

A goodchunk of Are You Afraid of the Dark episodes from when I was a kid.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2012, 11:24:01 PM »

I should say that there isn't one episode for this entry.
Cell for Dragon Ball Z (DBZ) scared me because of what he can do- suck the life out of people.

Jeez man! Buggedout

yeah no.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2012, 10:18:56 AM »

Another Night Gallery episode with Roddy MacDowall scared me too.

After deliberately killing his uncle for his inheritance, McDowall's uncle returns from the grave, as seen thru a series of changing pictures hanging on the stairway wall.

Each portrait slowly and methodically depicts his uncle rising from the grave and walking towards the house until he was at the door.  A great entry for scary TV epsiodes, AND my 100th post.  I am now a 4-star general....yeeee-ahhh!  Cheers

I saw that episode when I lived at the orphanage. A nun named Sister Nina usta wake me up and sneak me into her room so I could watch NIGHT GALLERY.

The other episode that creeped me out was called the CATAPILLAR-about an earwig eatting it's way threw some poor shmucks brain!

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2012, 03:30:51 PM »

The final episode of Candle Cove. If you know what I'm talking about, you've spent too much time on the internet

Also, one episode of Goosebumps. It think it was called "It Came from Beneath the Sink." I don't know why that freaked out my 6 year-old self, but it did. I stumbled on the episode more recently and it's just...wow. How was that scary?
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2012, 02:51:00 PM »

Another old show comes to mind here:

Do any of you 70's era guys and gals (like me) remember William Castle's Circle Of Fear TV show?  It was on in the early 70's on Channel 4.

There was an episode about a man and wife who bought or inherited a new house, with these six clear glass bottles on a shelf. Each bottle had the spirit of someone inside of them, and they would talk to each other in unintelligible tones.  That one worked it's own special fright magic on my young and fragile psyche  Buggedout

I remember it; prior to it, there was a show called GHOST STORY, hosted by Sebastian Cabot.

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV episodes that scared you? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.