Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:23:57 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Hanna (2011) Hit Girl's older sister? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hanna (2011) Hit Girl's older sister?  (Read 2945 times)
BTM
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: December 23, 2010, 10:20:36 PM »

Wow!  This looks like it's going to kick some serious ass.  It's a film that centers around a young lady who looks like she could give Hit Girl a serious run for her money.  The title character is played by Saoirse Ronan, who starred The Lovely Bones.

From the IMDB

"Raised by her father, an ex-CIA man, in the wilds of Finland, Hanna's upbringing and training have been one and the same, all geared to making her the perfect assassin. The turning point in her adolescence is a sharp one; sent into the world by her father on a mission, Hanna journeys stealthily across Europe while eluding agents dispatched after her by a ruthless intelligence operative with secrets of her own. As she nears her ultimate target, Hanna faces startling revelations about her existence and unexpected questions about her humanity."

Anyway, you gotta check out the trailer!

Small | Large

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 01:39:03 AM by BTM » Logged

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
BTM

« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 12:03:12 AM »

Anyone get a chance to see this yet?  I'm hoping to see it this week or maybe the next...

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
dean

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 02:22:42 AM »

Heard good things so far and I'm a big fan of the chemical brothers who did the soundtrack and it is a pumping score so that bodes well.

Hope it's good!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 02:48:52 PM »

Cate Blanchett looks like Scully, right ?

Anyway looks kinda like Nikita with some Bourne, could be fun.

Cheers for showing, BTM.  Thumbup

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
snowman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 09:05:29 PM »

Anyone get a chance to see this yet?  I'm hoping to see it this week or maybe the next...

Just came back from watching the movie. I thought it was excellent, lots of action, a little bit of humour, some of it a little black.  The film jumps back and forth between Hanna and her father played by Eric Bana. The action is also in spurts, then it slows down and then takes-off again. Good performances all around, especially from Saoirse Ronan; she's only 16 and puts most Hollywood actresses to shame. Jessica Barden playing Hanna's new-found friend is also very good, considering she plays someone younger then her actual age. Lots of violence, but nothing extreme; I suspect that they did some editing to make it more palatable for the censors, sorry MPAA.  I did have a couple of minor quibbles, but I'm sure most moviegoers would miss them. There is one thread that is left un-answered (and no I'm not going to say what it is!), plus the ending leaves open the possibility of a sequel.
Pilgermann

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 02:46:41 AM »

I just got home from watching it and I really really enjoyed it.  Most modern action flicks seem concerned with being rapid and chaotic, and while this certaily had a quick pace, it took some time to breath, and the fight scenes weren't edited into an incoherant mess; you actually get to see blows being exchanged, hooray!  The trailer sort of hints at it but there's a really off-kilter feel to the film, and this attention to present action with some cool visual style (most of which comes from interesting locations like a run-down amusement park) and fine performances make it rise above being an ordinary action film which it very well could have been in the wrong hands.  Ronan is convincing as a girl who can kick grown men's asses. The music really enhances things, too. 

I want to watch it again, soon.   Smile

Archivist

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 08:11:47 AM »

I'm glad that you guys seem to like it.  I saw the trailer a while ago and I'm really looking forward to its release in Australia (if, indeed, it does get an Australian theatrical release).

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Hanna (2011) Hit Girl's older sister? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.