Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:55:15 PM
714242 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  NORTHEAST SNOWSTORM!!! « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author Topic: NORTHEAST SNOWSTORM!!!  (Read 19367 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2011, 08:50:39 PM »

I think we got another foot!!  After shoveling that wet heavy crap in the afternoon, I was out at 4:30 am shoveling again - the sky was clear and the moon was beautiful.  I was miserable.  Shoveled about 1.5 hours at that time.  Later, about 3 more hours.  Sunny and "warm" I was sweatin' bullets, bareheaded in a t-shirt.  This is insane. 

Oh, and Happy, get outta my thread if you want to offer useless advice.   Thumbdown Wink

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2011, 08:54:05 PM »

yep about a foot of snow here.  Supposedly more on the way next week.  I really don't care any more, let it fall. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2011, 09:10:23 PM »

Patiently waiting for another foot of snow to fall overnight.  Why can't this sh!t happen over the weekend?

Or better yet, not at all?   Smile

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2011, 09:13:29 PM »

I think we got another foot!!  After shoveling that wet heavy crap in the afternoon, I was out at 4:30 am shoveling again - the sky was clear and the moon was beautiful.  I was miserable.  Shoveled about 1.5 hours at that time.  Later, about 3 more hours.  Sunny and "warm" I was sweatin' bullets, bareheaded in a t-shirt.  This is insane. 

Oh, and Happy, get outta my thread if you want to offer useless advice.   Thumbdown Wink

I usually do about an hour at at time when I shovel.  I have a huge grain scoop shovel that's like a mini front end loader if you know how to load it right. I go slower when I shovel, and wind up getting a decent workout in the process. 

Shovelling snow with a huge shovel like that, you have to.  It gets me done quicker most times. Regardless, this last round today trashed my body. My shoulders feel like they were hit with a sledgehammer.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2011, 12:51:54 AM »

Snow is great.  I dunno how anyone can hate it.  It's marvelous.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2011, 12:53:31 AM »

It was warm the past few days.  I've been out in shorts and a hoodie.  Shoveling too.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2011, 08:29:15 AM »

The snowplow guy got really ambitious and pushed a huge bank up into my neighbor's front lawn.  Sadly, my garbage cans were in the line of fire and were knocked over.  I'm going to try to dig them out seeing there are dirty diapers in there.  I'd rather get to that before the thaw.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2011, 06:55:50 PM »

It was 70 degrees here this afternoon, and I was outside in shorts and a Tshirt.

Just thought I'd let you guys know. TeddyR

(Dodges frozen hurled projectiles)

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2011, 09:42:56 PM »

We've had a couple of snowstorms lately, one involved shovelling out for 2 hours and the other took an hour. Still I took my time and it was actually good exercise...don't mind the snow unless it gets excessive or makes things dangerous for people out and about...

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
claws
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2011, 12:31:13 AM »

It was 70 degrees here this afternoon, and I was outside in shorts and a Tshirt.

Just thought I'd let you guys know. TeddyR

(Dodges frozen hurled projectiles)

Not jealous at all. No offense but I don't like heat and I could never live in Texas because of the heat. Or any other state without a healthy change of seasons.
Autumn should be gloomy, with a slight chill and winds blowing colorful leaves about. November should be foggy and the soil frozen. Christmas without snow? What an awful thought.
March brings giant icicles dripping in the afternoon sun - a sign of the approaching Spring. My life wouldn't be complete without all that  Thumbup

I cherish the snow, even if it means I have to get up in the morning and shovel our driveway and sidewalk.

My corny ode to winter  Wink
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2011, 12:05:41 PM »

We've had a couple of snowstorms lately, one involved shovelling out for 2 hours and the other took an hour. Still I took my time and it was actually good exercise...don't mind the snow unless it gets excessive or makes things dangerous for people out and about...

I don't mind it in little bits (like around 3 to 6 inches) but this excessive stuff we've had lately has got to go..my body's getting trashed from all of this.  Not to mention having no place to park except on the street. Your neighbors always love you when there's a spot for everyone, but God help you if you get to that last spot before they do in a snowstorm. It's a bunch a' bulls*it.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »

Not jealous at all. No offense but I don't like heat and I could never live in Texas because of the heat. Or any other state without a healthy change of seasons.
Autumn should be gloomy, with a slight chill and winds blowing colorful leaves about. November should be foggy and the soil frozen. Christmas without snow? What an awful thought.
March brings giant icicles dripping in the afternoon sun - a sign of the approaching Spring. My life wouldn't be complete without all that  Thumbup

I cherish the snow, even if it means I have to get up in the morning and shovel our driveway and sidewalk.

My corny ode to winter  Wink

Same here.  Christmas without snow?  Perish the thought!  Although I'm not a huge fan of actually having to clear the stuff off the driveway first thing in the morning, I love the way the whole world looks like one big Christmas card.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2011, 12:51:04 AM »

I was outside with a few of my neighbors today, we were shaving a few inches off the street and levelling it off so that we could park w\o knockin' the bottoms out of our cars (or anyone else's cars for that matter.)   It was around 39 degrees today and the stuff came up off the roads and the curbs nicely. It was a good workout, allowed us to go slower and pace ourselves.

It's almost 1AM Eastern now as I type,  and there's about a quarter inch of snow on all the cars as a result of a small clipper goin' through. I hope February is nicer. It would be nice to get a vacation from shovelling.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2011, 12:18:05 PM »

And now they're predicting another 14 - 20 inches between tomorrow and Wednesday.  Where do they expect me to put all this blasted snow?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Raffine

« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2011, 12:21:16 PM »

Our high today is predicted to only be 65.

When will this wintery nightmare end?

Oh, Wednesday we're back in the 70s. Never mind.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  NORTHEAST SNOWSTORM!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.