Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:25:50 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  NORTHEAST SNOWSTORM!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: NORTHEAST SNOWSTORM!!!  (Read 18993 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« on: December 27, 2010, 09:42:54 PM »

We got SLAMMED in New Jersey with nearly 3 feet of snow, high winds and drifts over 6 feet!!  MF!!!  Neighbors came to the rescue and helped shovel out the driveway (great neighbors!!!)  Then I worked on the side walkway, the back walkway, even the back door could not be opened so I had to shovel about 300 feet...UGH!!  About 6 hours total shoveling.  My favorite... NOTT!!!   My front road hasn't even been plowed yet (just the side by the driveway, so I can get out now should I want or need to!!) 

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 09:53:13 PM »

I'd say we got about a bit less than a foot of snow in RI.  I actually did a power shovel last night about this time and was able to get the car out easily this morning.  The ride to work wasn't the worst I've had but it wasn't exactly smooth sailing either.  Right now the wind is blowing about 60 mph drifting this crap up here and there.  I'm actually impressed on how well the road crew where I live cleaned up our street.  Of course it took a call of complaint by my neighbor to fine tune their job.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 10:03:54 PM »

Sunny and cool in good old Texas today.  Spent a glorious day sifting for arrowheads down here in Bell County.  Supposed to be nearly 70 tomorrow.,

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
claws
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 03:07:44 AM »

We've been snowed in (Germany) since November with down to minus 15 Celsius, and I love it. Picture book winterwonderland right outside our window.
Nothing beats walking to the bakery at 7:00 in the morning with the sound of crunching snow underneath your boots  Cheers
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 07:13:26 AM »

It sure looked like NJ got socked with the worst of this one.  We had a lot of wind in DE, but only about 5 inches of very fine snow.  The winds were gusting in the 50s, sustained around 20.  As a result, we ended up with maybe an inch of snow in most places, the rest was stacked in drifts.  Yesterday morning I was removing one of those drifts, which was about a foot deep, from the driveway.  Had to do it twice. 

I saw the road crews come through yesterday.  They had a salt truck without a plow, following a road grader that was doing the actual plowing.  The roads are going to be bad around here this morning, with lots of black ice. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 10:42:19 AM »

We got some decent level snow in Philly.  I was off Friday and Saturday for the holiday, and a manager from my job called me Sunday and said not to bother coming in due to the weather.  Then, yesterday, I had to WALK for a decent hour to get there, worked for about 3 hours, and they said, "Yeah, go home.  Snow means we won't need a lot of people."  Then I fell on the ice coming home. 

Fu*king snow.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 10:47:45 AM »

we tried ot go sledding. It didn't really work out not for very long anyway. too north pole
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 08:16:51 AM »

We got about a foot here in Billerica, Massachusetts.  Luckily, I have a snowblower and was able to clear my driveway in less than 30 minutes!  My parents live in Saugus (about a 20 minute drive from here) and they got about 6 inches more than we did.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2010, 08:21:18 AM »

I bought a snowblower recently.  Greatest invention in the history of mankind!  I almost feel guilty watching the neighbors with their goofy shovels with the bent handles, slaving away, while I'm just zipping up and down the driveway with little effort at all.  I handle guilt surprisingly well though  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2010, 08:53:14 AM »

I bought a snowblower recently.  Greatest invention in the history of mankind!  I almost feel guilty watching the neighbors with their goofy shovels with the bent handles, slaving away, while I'm just zipping up and down the driveway with little effort at all.  I handle guilt surprisingly well though  TeddyR

I'll get a snowblower someday, but for now I look at shoveling as an opportunity to get some exercise.  When there is that much snow outside, my options for cardio get reduced to the elliptical, swimming, or shoveling snow.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2010, 09:59:26 PM »

I'll get a snowblower someday, but for now I look at shoveling as an opportunity to get some exercise.  When there is that much snow outside, my options for cardio get reduced to the elliptical, swimming, or shoveling snow.

Same here...shovelling's a good workout, it'll put you away fast if you aren't in good shape for it. 

Don't you just love that after-shovelling feeling, where your arms are like steel cables? It's the coolest part! 

We were lucky in the regard that we didn't get that much snow in my area of NJ.

However, we  DID get almost 10 inches, but the old "cereal box" rule applied, because the "product may have settled during shipping".  So while it was almost 10 inches, it didn't look like it.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2010, 10:39:19 PM »

Got a buttload of hail today.  Other than that just rain throughout the holidays.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
dean

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2010, 05:08:34 AM »

Am hoping for it to hit the 30s Celsius tomorrow so I can wear shorts for new years.  What is this snow thing you speak of?

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2010, 05:24:40 AM »

Am hoping for it to hit the 30s Celsius tomorrow so I can wear shorts for new years.  What is this snow thing you speak of?

BounceGiggle TeddyR

I was also wondering about that snow thing, Dean. Me not know dat one.  Question

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2010, 05:28:21 AM »

I bought a snowblower recently.  Greatest invention in the history of mankind!  I almost feel guilty watching the neighbors with their goofy shovels with the bent handles, slaving away, while I'm just zipping up and down the driveway with little effort at all.  I handle guilt surprisingly well though  TeddyR

I'll get a snowblower someday, but for now I look at shoveling as an opportunity to get some exercise.  When there is that much snow outside, my options for cardio get reduced to the elliptical, swimming, or shoveling snow.

Same here...shovelling's a good workout, it'll put you away fast if you aren't in good shape for it.  

Don't you just love that after-shovelling feeling, where your arms are like steel cables? It's the coolest part!  

Agreed.
Snowblower? That's pretty weak for somebody who claims to be lifting weights  Wink
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 05:43:28 AM by claws » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  NORTHEAST SNOWSTORM!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.