Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:25:21 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The "I Didn't Know" Thread « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: The "I Didn't Know" Thread  (Read 12839 times)
claws
« on: December 28, 2010, 09:21:20 AM »

Post here about things you didn't know. I'll start with

I Didn't Know ... that Glenn Miller was missing in action. I just found out today while clicking around wikipedia.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 09:29:29 AM »

Post here about things you didn't know. I'll start with
I Didn't Know ... that Glenn Miller was missing in action. I just found out today while clicking around wikipedia.

A few years ago, there was an article in a local magazine from a ex- Royal Airforce tailgunner who said that his aeroplane was the one that shot Glenn Miller's aeroplane down.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 09:38:30 AM »

Another thing that I didn't know ~ until March 18, 2010, that is ~ was that Uwe Boll was capable of making a good film. March 18 was when I saw Darfur for the first time: it is still haunting me.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2010, 02:48:58 PM »

I didn't know they fixed the Lance Henriksen shot in Aliens (1986), when he holds on to Newt. Gone is Henriksens real body bit sticking out the hole, laminated with (more) synthetic entrails. The movie looks absolutely gorgeous on Blu-ray btw.
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2010, 05:52:06 PM »

I didn't know they fixed the Lance Henriksen shot in Aliens (1986), when he holds on to Newt. Gone is Henriksens real body bit sticking out the hole, laminated with (more) synthetic entrails. The movie looks absolutely gorgeous on Blu-ray btw.

Okay. Now I want to see Aliens in Hi-Def.

I didn't know until just recently how gorgeous I am.

How do I know this? My wife works at a private school where there is a daycare center on site for the kids of the employees. At least twice a week I here her talk about how often the girls at the daycare and many teachers and other staff are constantly raving about what a gorgeous baby my 7-month-old son is. Then, these same people talk about how much he looks like his father.

baby is gorgeous + baby looks just like his father + I am his father = I am gorgeous.   BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

My wife always jokes about it saying "are these women trying to tell me that my husband is hot? What the hell?"

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 06:23:33 PM »

THERE IS NOTHING I DON'T KNOW.  hot

Except how to spell. Or stay sober. Or act like a human being instead of a drooling idiot around big breasted women.(I really have this bad habit of just turning into a stuttering moron around big breasted women.) Or knowing when to keep my mouth shut when my boss tells me to do something-(my response last time was F@ck You! Not very original-or smart.) But seriously folks....
 I dint know that Clyde Parker didnt have erictle disfunction or homosexual tendencies (a myth the movie worked on) untill I read a very documented book on the subject. ( About Bonnie and Clyde-not homosexual tendencies.)
 I still cant get the hang of video games. Dont know how to do them.
 I had no clue that Dennis Hopper died untill about a week ago. Or that Beverly Garland died.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 06:42:51 PM »

I didn't know that 20 year old drivers still act like 17 until this past Friday, when I was driving (permant- my dad was with me) back home from Lowes, where my dad got my mum a rock fountain for Christmas. some people just needs brains

yeah no.
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 07:17:21 PM »

I didnt know that my dad likes Santana until today. We were going to get one of my tires replaced and he starts singing Black Magic Woman when it came on the radio. When i was a kid, according to him, all rock music was written by Satan

Lima beans are the Devil
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2010, 07:51:16 PM »

I didnt know that my dad likes Santana until today. We were going to get one of my tires replaced and he starts singing Black Magic Woman when it came on the radio. When i was a kid, according to him, all rock music was written by Satan

I found out my Dad listened to AC/DC! And James Brown! We were going to Grandmas on Xmas eve-and he had 3 (count em) 3!!!! AC/DC tapes in his truck! And he played 'em! " "I like the little guy.He can play good."-He says. Dang. From a guy who's record collection back in the 70's consited of Elvis,Neil Diamond,Waylon Jennings,Porter Wagner,and Johnny Paycheck. ( I think about it...mebbe not so weird.) He's 73 years young! From the man who never missed an episode of HEE HAW or GREEN VALLY JAMBOREE-with Rem Walt-look it up-! in his life! My whole perception of him changed! Does he like fat girls in tiny nighties too? And Kid Colt Outlaw comics? And Bela Lugosi movies? Im shocked.  Buggedout

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2010, 09:05:38 PM »

I didn't know Lindsey Buckingham sung the theme song "Holiday Road" to the Vacation movies.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Couchtr26

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2010, 09:07:25 PM »

Or act like a human being instead of a drooling idiot around big breasted women.(I really have this bad habit of just turning into a stuttering moron around big breasted women.)

Been there RCMerchant.  I can remember forgetting that a dollar equaled 100 cents when giving change one time.  

I didn't know that Dino de Laurentis died this year.  I, also, didn't know that a whirring sound from a DVD motor was a bad thing.  

Ah, the good old days.
Paquita

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2010, 10:33:33 PM »

I didn't know there was a difference between tube socks and crew socks until today when my mom asked me to get tube socks for my brother, I couldn't find anything except crew socks and just assumed that "tube socks" was an oldster's way of describing normal socks which all the hip people now call crew socks.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2010, 10:39:00 PM »

I didn't know that a vuvuzela is useful until I saw Xanadu. shoulda kept it (we made the noise- sorta though)

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2010, 08:18:47 AM »

I didn't know that mayonnaise and Miracle Whip were two different things - I always just assumed Miracle Whip was a brand of mayonnaise. 

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2010, 08:23:20 AM »

I didn't know that mayonnaise and Miracle Whip were two different things - I always just assumed Miracle Whip was a brand of mayonnaise. 
Wait a minute...who told you that?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  The "I Didn't Know" Thread « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.