Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:49:30 AM
713341 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Good "End Credits" Music « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Good "End Credits" Music  (Read 14038 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: April 23, 2009, 11:10:42 PM »

Ever heard a song and thought, "This song would be awesome for the end credits of a movie!"

Do me a favor...
Close your eyes and picture the credits rolling upwards against a black screen as this song plays.  Imagine that it's from a Romantic Comedy/college/party movie.
Small | Large

How about you?
Got a song that would be awesome for the end credits of a movie?

« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 01:23:41 AM by Ash » Logged
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 12:08:18 AM »

Close your eyes and picture the credits rolling upwards against a black screen as this song plays.  Imagine that it's from a college/party movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D_EUTOjSyE

How about you?
Got a song that would be awesome for the end credits of a movie?

lol, yeah I can see exactly what you mean. as soon as the guy started singing I could almost see the credits rolling up! hah...

in a similar vein to the college/party theme I would suggest a lot of fountains of wayne's tracks would fit the bill, how about this one:

Small | Large

*cue credits*

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 01:31:17 AM »

DCA,

I didn't care for it at first, but that actually would work for a college/80's/party movie.   Smile   Thumbup
dean

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 02:18:56 AM »

I always thought this would be a really good song for the end of a dramatic sci fi type film with a bit of a downer ending.

UNKLE - Inside.

Small | Large

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
voltron

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 06:12:48 PM »

Small | Large

Swans - God Damn The Sun
Perfect for a downer ending.

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Psycho Circus
B-Movie Kraken

Shake The Faith

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 01:32:48 PM »

For the end of an 80's horror.... (starts about 2:50 into the video)

Small | Large

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 02:11:51 PM »

This could fit an 80s movie beautifully. Of course, Meatloaf is performing with John Parr, who wrote a fair bit of 80s movie music.
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Rachel
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 02:06:06 PM »

I actually have an entire playlist of them on my iTunes. I always think of this stuff. Found a few that I really like.

Fall For You - Secondhand Serenade
This would probably be for one of those totally cliche romance films (aka- a chick flick)

Broken Record - Plain White T's
I don't know what kind of film it would be for... but it just SOUNDS like a credits song, right?

Nowhere Left To Run - McFly
This one too....... it just sounds like it belongs at the end of a movie...... just the way that it would get stuck in your head for days after you left the theater.....

They're all on YouTube... you should look em up :]
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 02:02:03 AM »

Final Fantasy The Spirits Within - Lara Fabian singing The Dream Within.

Man, I LOVE that song.   Smile

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 07:06:42 AM »

Tears In The Rain- Triumph.        Hello Darlin- Conway Twitty.              Mad Dog- Anvil

Lima beans are the Devil
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 10:06:31 AM »

I worked for two years at a 6-screen multiplex in the mid 80's. It's an interesting job because you can see what movies keep people in their seats through the credits and which ones don't. Most people just head for the exits the moment the end-credit start. Throughout two years in the mid 80's, I only saw a small handful of films that kept half or more of the patrons in the seats through the credits:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off: This one is pretty obvious. It had the "Oh Yeah" song playing along with an entire scene, followed by Ferris coming out of his room and telling the audience to go home.

Amadeus: Yes, give it up for quality classical music. At the end of most movies, we would open the doors and usually we could start the quick cleaning sweep before the next showing while the credits were still running because most if not all of the patrons were gone by their end. Not so with this film. People would sit and watch the end credits and listen trance like to some Mozart piano concerto and would actually get a bit annoyed if we tried to start cleaning. One man said to me "could you please wait until the credits are over?" I humbly respected his request and would never again start my sweep prematurely for that film.

Standy By Me: Not to the extent of the first two, but the title song by Ben E. King that ran through the end credits of this movie would keep a fair portion of the audience in their seats to the end. Something about the bittersweet ending of the film and the opening strains of a bittersweet ballad from the early sixties just seems to create a bit of magic. I've since watched the movie on the small screen and that end-credit transition still has some magic but just not quite the same as in the theatre.

Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension: I don't even remember any details about the end-credit music, couldn't sing or hum it if I tried, other than it was pure 80's synth-laced new wave cheese, but it also had a visual sequence running through a portion of it, so that would keep people there a bit longer, but as soon as that ended and it went to the black background only they started heading for the exits.

Those ones stand out in my memory. I guess whatever keeps butts in seats is a pretty solid criteria for good end-credit music, although some of them cheated with visual enhancements.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  Good "End Credits" Music « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.