Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:40:39 PM
713363 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Oh no... they might invade earth... and get their butts kicked « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Oh no... they might invade earth... and get their butts kicked  (Read 15867 times)
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« on: January 04, 2011, 10:27:10 PM »

I've noticed this on a couple of movies.  The ultimate horrible thing that can happen is that some alien/alternate universe/magical being/army will invade earth.  I've noticed on several of these movies that the movie makers obviously do not give humans enough credit for 1. our military defense systems, and 2. our innate capacity to make other species extinct.  A few examples:

The Tenth Kingdom - The main characters narrowly prevent the troll king from leading his army of about 10,000 trolls armed with battle-axes, swords, etc. as well as troll powder (small bag of powder thrown by hand at an enemy causes the enemy to pass out) from invading modern day New York.  This is the most far-fetched one I can think of because the trolls are tough but by no means immortal or special in anyway.  They might kill a handfull of the first people they stumble across but when it comes down battle axes versus M16's I am thinking the troll army is heading for a painful lesson in modern technology.

The Golden Compass - Admitadely I have not read the books so I don't know the rest of the story-line but I can see hints in the movie that their government/army will be trying to use the portal to invade other worlds (perhaps our own?).  Here its somewhat more sensible they have some magic and technology (rifles, dirigibles) but still hard to see this group effectively conquering any reasonable areas.

Plan 9 - Yes the classic, a few zombies, really, that's it, that's your plan?

So my question to you: What's your favorite movie where their is some pending invasion of earth by a group looking to get its butt kicked?

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 10:34:53 PM »

Signs...they come to the Earth which is covered with more water than land yet that is their Achilles Heal.  That friggin movie bugs me on so many levels.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 05:35:47 AM »

The Golden Compass - Admitadely I have not read the books so I don't know the rest of the story-line but I can see hints in the movie that their government/army will be trying to use the portal to invade other worlds (perhaps our own?).  Here its somewhat more sensible they have some magic and technology (rifles, dirigibles) but still hard to see this group effectively conquering any reasonable areas.

Actually its quite the opposite.
The Magistirum want to stay as far away from those worlds as possible. Its not magic, it's 'dust'.

I think I should re-read those books.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 07:26:34 AM »

Phantom Force - a small group of ancient warriors (guys who apparently couldn't get a job with the WWF) are going to take over the world.  I mean, there's about 6 of them.  A group of commandos manages to kill at least one or two of them.  I sort of thing the combined militaries of the entire world could maybe manage the other 4.  Heck, you could just dump a truckload of cement on them and they'd pretty much be stuck;  it's not like they're got super powers or anything.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 07:32:53 AM »

The champion is The War Of The Worlds where these fighting machines come to Earth and get their butts kicked............... by germs.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
major jay

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 02:21:02 PM »

TARGET EARTH - Robots from Venus invade the Earth and are twarted by sound waves that crack their cathode ray tubed eyes.

Barack Clinton
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 12:51:18 AM »

Signs...they come to the Earth which is covered with more water than land yet that is their Achilles Heal.  That friggin movie bugs me on so many levels.

Not to mention kidnapping beings that can harm them by spitting, sweating or urinating on them.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 09:43:45 AM »

Mars Attacks, where the Martians are essentially done in by....Slim Whitman! Although some take a pretty good beating from Jim Brown.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 10:07:12 AM »

The champion is The War Of The Worlds where these fighting machines come to Earth and get their butts kicked............... by germs.  TeddyR

Took the words right outta' my mouth with that one, Trev.  The common cold killed em'.

Also of special notice is the old 60's era H.G. Wells classic First Men In The Moon, where the ant-like race of "Selenites" is wiped out by the same thing when the human explorers enter their hive deep inside the moon and contaminate them.

Then there's the Edward L. Cahn epic, Invisible Invaders from 1958.  An invisible race of aliens living on the moon inhabit the bodies of the dead, creating an army of zombies that march forth in an effort to conquer the word. 

Their downfall? Sound waves amplified at high frequency and volume. It effectively exorcises the aliens from the dead bodies and kills them.  Their mothership explodes when hit with these rays from a gun wielded by 50's B-Movie hero John Agar.

Fun stuff!

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 11:06:49 AM »

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero - The aliens from Planet X are defeated by a bumbling inventor's new personal alarm.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 11:15:10 AM »

I agree with Trevor.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
snowman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 01:11:36 PM »

I agree with Trevor.

Aliens from another planet, with a totally different physiology from humans. In reality they should be impervious from germs and us from theirs. But speaking of The War Of The Worlds; I never watched the remake because the story line just didn't make sense. Tripods coming out of no-where was just one thing that didn't make sense. Then theirs the tripods themselves. In H.G. Wells original story which took place in a pre-WWI world where the military was pretty primitive, they would be devastating. But, against a modern army they wouldn't last long enough to die from germs. An F-16 with some PGM's would take them out in no time. Or just plant a bunch of IEDs in their path and detonate them as the tripods pass by. BOOM! And down come the tripods.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 01:40:19 PM »

Tripods coming out of no-where was just one thing that didn't make sense.

I missed the reason why the tripods were buried under the earth.  Did some alien race come and plant them there, but then decide to invade us later?  Why didn't they just do it then?

I dunno, I have to admit I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention.   TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 01:53:10 PM »

Aliens from another planet, with a totally different physiology from humans. In reality they should be impervious from germs and us from theirs.

Viruses yes, because they have to dock with a cell, but not bacteria or fungi. They just eat and multiply and make toxins.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
snowman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 07:20:13 PM »

Tripods coming out of no-where was just one thing that didn't make sense.

I missed the reason why the tripods were buried under the earth.  Did some alien race come and plant them there, but then decide to invade us later?  Why didn't they just do it then?

I dunno, I have to admit I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention.   TeddyR

I never saw the whole movie, but from reading the reviews I don't think it was ever explained in the movie. My view was that instead of the setting the movie in modern times, it would have been more effective to use the original H.G. Wells timeframe which was pre-WWI. And, of course, having the aliens come from outer space.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Oh no... they might invade earth... and get their butts kicked « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.