Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:56:22 AM
713402 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Aurora Encounter (1986) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Aurora Encounter (1986)  (Read 4593 times)
Nukie 2
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I did it all for the...

« on: January 18, 2011, 10:44:52 AM »

Yet another b-movie influenced by the success of E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, except this time our alien isn't a puppet or a midget in a crumbly rubber suit, but played a teen actor with the degenerative disease known as Progeria. This movie is so bizarre, and the make-up artist does little to transform the appearance of the actor Mikey Hayes into an alien; prosthetic knobs are applied to his ears-- if this isn't brought to your attention it will be once you hear a towns person say "Oh yes, that's definitely an alien; see it's ears?"

The disabled-ness of the visitor seems even more pronounced once you see it's spaceship-- it literally looks like a grey, clunky, beat-up old Ford Pinto without wheels, and it wobbles side to side. It also has no landing gear. This advanced visitor has their spaceship held together by rivets! There's a scene where a hound dog jumps onto to what I can only describe as the hood of the ship, and this dog tends to bend in the exterior of the ship; then when he jumps off, the exterior tends to pop back in place.

So what is this film about? Well, lemme copy the summary from the Netflix envelope (note how the writer doesn't distinguish between the actor and the character he's portraying).

" A sleepy Texas town is visited by a kindly alien named Mikey Hayes-- a youngster with the genetic disease Progeria, which accelerates the aging process. Though Mickey delights the children of the town, the adults are mystified. But when the local paper's new owner (Carlo Bagdasarian) hear about the new visitor, she smells a great story -- one that comes at the alien's expense, of course. Crazy-eyed character actor Jack Elam narrates."

Also, I might add that this movie takes place in 1897 and every adults reaction to the alien is to grab their gun.

Poster:

VHS cover:

Trailers:
Small | Large

Small | Large
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 11:00:50 AM by Nukie 2 » Logged

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
Archivist

« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 12:30:35 AM »

This looks seriously, seriously weird.  An alien boy with progeria???  Who the heck came up with that?  Does it have a clumsy charm, or is it just bad?

"Many others since have tried & failed at making a watchable parasite slug movie" - LilCerberus
Nukie 2

I did it all for the...

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 08:39:15 PM »

I enjoyed it, however I found myself pressing the fast forward button betweens scenes of the alien.

Watch Nukie on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wab1Y713tN0
"Like" International Fans of the Movie Nukie and Sias Odendaal on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Fans-of-the-Movie-Nukie-and-Sias-Odendaal/135820159771783
cooledout
New Visitor

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 05:49:14 PM »

Bless you, sir. I thought after Mac and Me and Nukie I was done with ET cash-ins, but I will most definitely track this one down. Are there any more of note (aside from the turkish ET Badi).
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 06:07:58 PM »

I'd be more interested in an areola encounter.
American_Jedi
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 09:58:34 PM »

Anything w/ Jack Elam in it can't be all bad.  TeddyR

Wait, I forgot about "Cannonball Run"  Lookingup
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Aurora Encounter (1986) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.