Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:06:26 PM
713354 Posts in 53057 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  strange occurence! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: strange occurence!  (Read 2578 times)
macabre
Bad Movie Lover

I'M COMING FOR YOU!

« on: January 05, 2011, 02:08:10 PM »

Hi guys!
I have been following the latest news concerning the strange deaths of various animals. Mass deaths of birds and fish in Global areas, This brings me to my question,

What is the strangest occurrence you have experienced,that no matter how you look at it ,this occurrence cannot be explained logically?

Maybe you have seen a ghost,or perhaps you found yourself somewhere without having any idea how you got there!
I once spoke to this stranger at my grandfathers grave,only to be told by my dad that this stranger,was in fact my grandfathers dad,I have had quite a few experiences with ghosts,

GEEZ! I NEVER REALISED A BRAIN WEIGHED SO MUCH.
WHY HAVE YOU GOT A KNIFE IN YOUR HAND? I HAVEN'T IT'S IN YOUR CHEST.
A MARATHON! MY WIFE COULDN'T RUN A BATH WITHOUT FEELING TIRED.
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 10:17:20 PM »

Weird occurrence

Datline: Georgia, 1984 (I was about 5 at the time.)

My family and I were watching a Gallagher comedy special.  Laughing at the usual antics and seeing watermelons smashed, when I noticed something out of the corner of my eye.  As I turned and looked out the front window, there was a figure.  The strange thing is it was either glowing or bright white.  I remember it running and having a somewhat residual image in my eye for a few seconds.  I told the family and no one saw it.  After checking outside still nothing, so everything went on its merry way.  However, after about 3 hours and I was sitting watching Disney's Robin Hood I looked to see the figure looking in again.  This time at me and very noticeable.  I went to the kitchen to tell my grandmother.  She came to see and again it was gone.  Can't explain, don't know what it was that was there.   

There were some ghost stories as well but none that I remember.  Once when I was about 6 months my mother says that she had put me in the crib and turned around and then it sounded as if someone was running a stick along the crib like when you do that with a fence. 

Ah, the good old days.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 11:42:39 AM »

I've told this story here before.

My wife was born in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The first time I ever went there with her, we flew into Dublin because it was cheaper, then took a 2.5 hour bus ride from Dublin to Belfast, most of that being through the ever charming Irish countryside.

At one point during the ride, in the middle of nowhere, there was an elderly man standing by the side of the road. He was well-dressed, also with an overcoat and a hat. What was strange was that he was by the side of the road in the middle of nowhere, no cross streets, no bus stops, nothing around for miles except fields of either barley or grazing sheep. There was no nearby broken-down car, nor was he trying to wave anybody down for help. He was just standing there. In other words, no rational reason for an old man, particularly one that was well-dressed, to be standing there. It didn't make any sense.

I looked at my wife and saw that she was very quiet and wide-eyed. She said the old man looked just like her grandfather who passed away only a couple of years prior who was still living in Ireland. Her father, whom I never had the pleasure to meet, was a much-beloved man in her family, a jolly, good-natured, adored patriarch who I had seen in several pictures, and I have to admit the man on the road looked very much like the pictures I had seen. He was one of the those oldschool gentlemen who always dressed well, tie and jacket, and overcoat and hat for the weather, and that's exactly what I saw on the side of the road.

Her family being Irish and a bit superstitious were very quick to accept that this was the ghost of the man, watching over us as we came to Ireland. There had been several claims from family members since he had passed of occurences suggesting that the spirit of grandad Joseph was watching over the family. I don't know how much truth there is to that, but I will admit that it was a very strange occurence and I've never been able to explain the presence of this well-dressed old man in the middle of nowhere.

I don't mind leaving it unexplained.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 12:08:20 PM »

Never seen a ghost, a ufo or anything out of the ordinary creature wise.  However I would never discredit someone if they did see one.  I have in the past felt a certain presence in my life, a guardian angel if you will.  Along those lines I've felt a driving force behind certain points of my life.  Then there are some people I have met that I really feel I was meant to come across at certain given points in my life. Mainly a certain feeling that certain things were meant to happen and I can't use the "just a coincidence" excuse all the time.  

For example, the one I think of most happened my Junior year in high school.  I was on the wrestling team and was really trying to find a way out of it but couldn't.  The six weeks leading up to the first practice I burnt my brain cells trying to figure out a way out of it.  Come first practice time I really wasn't feeling it.  Second practice in however, I ended up severely injuring my ankle while playing basketball in gym. I was out for the season and never went back.  It was as if something knew I didn't want to be on the team.  Then again, is it a coincidence?  Who knows?

I've never gone out of my way to find out more about it these feelings than I have to.  And of course I'm not some nutjob that goes around putting meaning on EVERYTHING that happens.  However, some things I just feel are meant to happen for the good of my life and I've felt that presence of some unknown force directing me towards them.  I'm just glad they are by my side whatever they are and I don't ever take them for granted.  
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:13:08 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 10:00:14 PM »

I lived in an apartment for 8 years that had at least 4 spirits, in fact every apartment in the building was haunted. The spirit i saw the most was an elderly man wearing a dark blue suit. Every time i saw him, he was standing by the front window

Lima beans are the Devil
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 10:04:55 PM »

At that apartment, my Corgi named Ginger, would refuse to walk into the bathroom. She would stand outside the door, bristling and growling heavily as she stared into the room

Lima beans are the Devil
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 11:07:43 PM »

At that apartment, my Corgi named Ginger, would refuse to walk into the bathroom. She would stand outside the door, bristling and growling heavily as she stared into the room

She may have simply objected to your dietary choices. Or your cologne.  TeddyR *RIM SHOT* Thank you, thank you: I'll be here all week, folks!  TongueOut

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 11:45:30 PM »

My cologne was kept in my bedroom you goofy rabbit thingy TongueOut

Lima beans are the Devil
claws
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 02:35:34 PM »

I doubt it was a ghost but it was strange nonetheless: about ten minutes ago somebody rang our doorbell. Not really strange but the person also rang the doorbell for the empty apartment above us. Now that was strange. Seconds later it rang again at our door, followed by loud banging. This was coming from or outer front door and my dad and I could hear somebody banging with what I assume both fists against that very door. We turned off the lights and listened. The banging got more violent and lasted about one minute. Whoever it was seemed very eager to get in. One minute after the banging stopped I carefully opened our apartment's front door and tip-toed through the staircase to a window and peeked outside. Nobody outside.
My dad thinks it might have been a drunk person but I'm still kinda spooked  Bluesad
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 05:49:54 PM »

I continue to see movie ads that say "Starring Adam Sandler."

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 07:08:02 PM »

I continue to see movie ads that say "Starring Adam Sandler."
That may be the oddest thing in the world today. 

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 07:18:50 PM »

Me and my brother saw 2 ufos! January 2001- Me and Richie were picking up some wood that we had cut up-an ice storm had knocked down a dead tree in my backyard-and it was a clear bright blue sky-about 10 in the morning. Yes, I was sober (imagine that!). Anyway,I was looking up in the sky-marveling on such a beautiful day it was-and I seen an object-about the size of a dime held at arms length-it was reflecting the sun-silver and bright. "What the heck is that?" I says.
Richie-"What is what?"
Me-"Up there!" I ponted it out.
Richie-"Probely a bird or something"
Me-"Weirdest bird I ever saw! LOOK another one"!
Richie-"Holy s**t! What the f**k is that?!?"
 Another silver coin came up next to the other one....they paced each other-then they seemed to do flip flops-and BAM!-They took off at anamzing speed! Right than some dumbass hillbilly who I used to know pulls up into the driveway. "Whats up,fellas?" Me and Richie just looked at each other-"Nothing". He would have thought we were crazy.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  strange occurence! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.