Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 03:02:47 AM
714230 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Benny Hill Music « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Benny Hill Music  (Read 9326 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: January 05, 2011, 11:13:30 PM »

For some reason, adding this song to almost any scene makes it funnier.  As such, post some of your favorite videos involving the theme!

Small | Large

Small | Large

Small | Large

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 12:13:44 AM »

Yup, Yackety Sax goes with almost anything.
Especially a bunch of people running around aimlessly through an open field.  Smile

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 12:32:03 AM »

I threw this one together a couple of years ago. Almost 83,000 views and lots of comments since then. I think it works rather well.
Small | Large

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 01:50:25 AM »

www.freewebarcade.com/game/bat-and-mouse-2/ has the Benny Hill theme as its' music ~ try the game but watch out for the nuclear bomb at the end.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2011, 09:37:31 AM »

I want Yackety Sax played at my funeral.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 10:11:41 AM »

The Raiders March for me as the people leave: it will make them smile because they will know that I loved movies all my life and that this piece of music was my favourite piece of movie music.  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 10:19:12 AM »

Robot Chicken actually did a phony news report commemorating Benny Hill's death, including "news footage" of Hill's funeral. I could only find a Spanish dubbed clip, but only the intro has any spoken words.
Small | Large

---------------------
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 11:12:18 AM »

Robot Chicken actually did a phony news report commemorating Benny Hill's death, including "news footage" of Hill's funeral. I could only find a Spanish dubbed clip, but only the intro has any spoken words.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoeJJsQCs7E

OMG, I remember this one, I laughed my ass off!  The English version talks about the scene at Benny Hill's funeral.  And I'm sure if Benny were here to see it, he'd have laughed himself to death.  Cheers

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 06:54:50 PM »

This is a personal fave of mine.

Small | Large

TeddyR

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
ImaginaryFoot
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 08:49:40 PM »

Years ago i saw a video online of a transvestite midget with some kinda disease, walking around then crawling towards the camera. The Benny Hill theme song was the background music BounceGiggle

Lima beans are the Devil
Paquita

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 11:40:09 PM »

At our wedding, I walked down the aisle to the traditional wedding music, but after the ceremony, we ran back down the aisle to Yackety Sax  Smile.

Our wedding had a lot of fun music.  We cut the cake to "Eat it" by Weird Al.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 03:20:35 AM »

The thing about Benny Hill was that he didn't shun anything that was bawdy or risky; he went right after it!  BounceGiggle   

Be that as is, the man was able to do it in a way that was done w\o any overtly dirty or nasty skits.   He did it in sight gags and innuendo in a way that, to me anyhow, defined him as the last of the giants in his field. 

Also, some of the songs he came up with were downright hysterical, even moreso when he would try to keep his composure when singing them. He was a true master of his craft, and sadly his likes will not be seen again.  Bluesad

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 09:52:18 AM »

I remember that sometimes on the Benny Hill Show, they sometimes had some alternate music for slapstick sequences other than Yackety Sax. If I remember, it was either a sax or some kind of horn playing a wacky version of Beethoven's Fur Elise. I think there were other elements too, but I distinctly remember it opens with the Fur Elise riff.

Does anybody know what that piece is called and who did it? I know that Yackety Sax was done by Boots Randolph.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 09:58:41 AM »

The thing about Benny Hill was that he didn't shun anything that was bawdy or risky; he went right after it!  BounceGiggle   

Be that as is, the man was able to do it in a way that was done w\o any overtly dirty or nasty skits.   He did it in sight gags and innuendo in a way that, to me anyhow, defined him as the last of the giants in his field. 

Also, some of the songs he came up with were downright hysterical, even moreso when he would try to keep his composure when singing them. He was a true master of his craft, and sadly his likes will not be seen again.  Bluesad

Benny Hill was strongly influenced by Music Hall entertainment, sort of the British Vaudeville, and his style of comedy reflected that. There's a lot of emphasis on song, dance, pantomime, slapstick, performing in drag, working with a straight man (usually Henry McGee), pretty girls in skimpy costumes, and a style of humour that was naughty without being dirty. I've heard the comparison made to pre-adolescent humour, where boys might giggle at talk of "naked ladies" and underpants, while maintaining a degree of innocence.

Benny Hill's problem was that as he got older, that sense of innocence was harder to maintain. People started to see him as a dirty old man. Social attitudes were, of course, changing, and his comedy was frequently labelled as sexist. And a new crop of young, "sophisticated" comedians tended to view his old-fashioned comedy with a certain amount of contempt. The irony is that Britain was turning against Benny Hill just as his worldwide TV audience was at its peak. The poor guy just didn't understand what was happening.

It's tragic. All Benny Hill had was his work. When he lost his TV show, he went downhill fast. It really did kill him.

---------------------
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 10:04:24 AM »

Benny Hill was strongly influenced by Music Hall entertainment, sort of the British Vaudeville, and his style of comedy reflected that. There's a lot of emphasis on song, dance, pantomime, slapstick, performing in drag, working with a straight man (usually Henry McGee), pretty girls in skimpy costumes, and a style of humour that was naughty without being dirty. I've heard the comparison made to pre-adolescent humour, where boys might giggle at talk of "naked ladies" and underpants, while maintaining a degree of innocence.

Benny Hill's problem was that as he got older, that sense of innocence was harder to maintain. People started to see him as a dirty old man. Social attitudes were, of course, changing, and his comedy was frequently labelled as sexist. And a new crop of young, "sophisticated" comedians tended to view his old-fashioned comedy with a certain amount of contempt. The irony is that Britain was turning against Benny Hill just as his worldwide TV audience was at its peak. The poor guy just didn't understand what was happening.

It's tragic. All Benny Hill had was his work. When he lost his TV show, he went downhill fast. It really did kill him.

Thank you for that commentary. I was a huge fan growing up, one of those young boys giggling about naked ladies. And I still appreciate the show. It was an interesting mix of low-brow, yet having a certain amount of old-fashioned class that ran through it.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Benny Hill Music « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.