Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 04:50:43 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  The 5 Worst Comics of 2010 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The 5 Worst Comics of 2010  (Read 2331 times)
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Let's all be Friends.

« on: January 08, 2011, 07:39:32 PM »

For the comic readers and anyone else, here's a fun list (lists are always fun to look at or criticize).  All good choices, but I might need to read number one to fully understand why that is number one.

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/12/30/worst-comic-books-2010/

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 12:47:44 PM »

I have been reading the SUPERMAN "Grounded" series and find it to be pretty enjoyable.  I guess the hardcore fans would rather see him fighting Lex Luthor or something.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Hammock Rider

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 01:45:47 PM »

Well, I don't want to come across as a bitter old man so I won't uncork Rant #752: What's Wrong with Comics Today! There's plenty of good out there, but there's also alot of bad.
   What I don't understand is why the big companies don't run two lines of comics. I kind of like the grittier stuff sometimes but I don't like it mixing with the lighter stuff, just like I don't like mixing corn and peas on my dinner plate.  They could do a darker, more "realistic" line for people that enjoy that, and a more traditional line of comics for fans of that kind of thing. I know the Ultimates line was suppossed to address this for Marvel fans , but it seems the darker stuff has leaked out of that universe all over the Marvel Mainstream. 
  If you want to write a story where Superman is a self-absorbed, pretentious little @$$, that's fine. It might even be interesting in someway. But why dump it into the mainstream titles and then drag it on forever?

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 02:22:42 PM »

The problem with comics today, in my own humble opinion, is that they are a reflection of what's hot in comedy films nowadays. The vast bulk of comedy films coming out today have a very small crowd associated with them, and half of them are made by Judd Apatow. Now, I've got nothing against those movies, I've even enjoyed one or two, but that's all there is. Now, what is the goal of virtually every competing comic out there? To make it to the movies. So if they have any shot at all of making into the next movie with Seth Rogen and Paul Rudd, what brand of humor do you think they're going to push?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
InformationGeek
Leader of the Friends' for Info
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Let's all be Friends.

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 03:12:42 PM »

Well, I don't want to come across as a bitter old man so I won't uncork Rant #752: What's Wrong with Comics Today! There's plenty of good out there, but there's also alot of bad.
   What I don't understand is why the big companies don't run two lines of comics. I kind of like the grittier stuff sometimes but I don't like it mixing with the lighter stuff, just like I don't like mixing corn and peas on my dinner plate.  They could do a darker, more "realistic" line for people that enjoy that, and a more traditional line of comics for fans of that kind of thing. I know the Ultimates line was suppossed to address this for Marvel fans , but it seems the darker stuff has leaked out of that universe all over the Marvel Mainstream. 
  If you want to write a story where Superman is a self-absorbed, pretentious little @$$, that's fine. It might even be interesting in someway. But why dump it into the mainstream titles and then drag it on forever?

Yep, the dark and gritty stuff seems to be all over.  It's hard to find something nice and light hearted, like Justin Gray's run on Power Girl (I'm collecting the trades and I got to say, comic fans should give this a look).  Has anyone seen Brightest Day?  Bright is not the key word to be associated with this series, but I do still like it.

We live in quite an interesting age. You can tell someone's sexual orientation and level of education from just their interests.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 02:20:34 AM »

Yep, the dark and gritty stuff seems to be all over.  It's hard to find something nice and light hearted, like Justin Gray's run on Power Girl (I'm collecting the trades and I got to say, comic fans should give this a look).  Has anyone seen Brightest Day?  Bright is not the key word to be associated with this series, but I do still like it.
well, It may be over NOW, but a few years ago, Dark and gritty wasn't enough for Grendel: Behold the Devil, trust me, Dark and Gritty doesn't do justice to this graphic novel. I would also add Batman: Hush, yeah, a 5-6 year old two part graphic novel that is dark and gritty, but at last, stuff doesn't seem to hold onto ideas for very long, and the ones that do are the sucky ones. Bluesad TongueOut

yeah no.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Entertainment  |  The 5 Worst Comics of 2010 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.