Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:33:39 PM
713351 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Aliens Invade Suburbia, Kill Everyone « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Aliens Invade Suburbia, Kill Everyone  (Read 6628 times)
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« on: January 10, 2011, 12:08:51 AM »

Me Again :)

Looking for a movie that is a Roger Corman type of B horror schlock, but I scrolled through his movies and nothing looked right.  I'm thinking mid-late 90s but probably anywhere from 1992 to 2004 would be possible.

It's about two aliens who disguise themselves as a blonde man and a blonde woman, possibly posing as brother and sister.  They move into this sleepy rural town and start eating people.  I can't remember if they actually eat them or just suck their souls out a la Sleepwalkers.  I think there were either sex scenes between the two aliens or it was somehow implied that they were doing it.

There is a lead female character who is human and is played by a recognizable actress but I can't quite place her.  She alternates between Lily Taylor and Julie Warner in my hazy memory so I think she's probably a brunette.  I don't think any of those actresses are right though.  She tries to make friends with the alien people, thinking they're just odd.  I forget if she and the male alien get flirty, but that's possible.

I think at the end she fights with the female alien chick and it's possible that the alien switches bodies with her so she can live on after the locals figure out the blondes are aliens.  Not certain about that though.  I have a specific fuzzy memory of the two women fighting in a garage or a basement, and one of them gets knocked into a utility shelf and stuff falls on her.  Can't really be sure about that either...

Production value was pretty good, definitely not a garage or student film type of movie.

Somebody here has seen this, I'm sure of it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!   Drink
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 06:23:36 AM »

Possibly SEED PEOPLE (1992)? Not Corman-but Charles Band-which is dang close....!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105347/combined

Small | Large

Of course you didnt mention monsters....so it more than likely aint.... Lookingup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 12:13:02 PM »

Possibly SEED PEOPLE (1992)? Not Corman-but Charles Band-which is dang close....!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105347/combined

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUEw-13dFjU
Of course you didnt mention monsters....so it more than likely aint.... Lookingup

Yeah I'm pretty sure they were aliens disguised as humans, and I don't think they infected other people and spread - I think they just killed and possibly ate them.  And possibly just inhabited them at the end, but not in a seed/pod people kind of multiplying way, but more of a "my fake human body is compromised so I need to switch to another" kind of way.

Thanks for the suggestion though.  :)  Charles Band was the XVP on HEAD OF THE FAMILY, which is another awesome bad movie.  I looked through the rest of his stuff and nothing jumped out at me as a possibility.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 07:56:45 PM »

Village of the Damned (1960), then remade in 1995.

Hm. The kids didnt eat anybody,though. I thought mebbe STRANGE INVADERS,but I dont think they ate folks either.

Small | Large

I think the ALIEN PREDATORS (1987) ate folks. They took over people's bodies and started killing people...I thionk they may have ate them...I had the dam thing on vhs bout 10 years ago...but I see so much of this junk,it all blurs.

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 11:28:03 PM »

They're blonde and aliens, but not Village of the Damned.  I'm very familiar with that one - love the cameos by Mark Hamill and George "Buck" Flower.  :)

I'm also familiar with Strange Invaders, and while it's amusing, it's not the one I'm thinking of either.

Wasn't familiar with Alien Predators but that's not it either - the plot in the movie I am thinking of was centered around the two blonde aliens and the one local woman who lives nearby and sort of figures out that something is up with them.  Alien Predators looks like a "kids on the road being chased by aliens" type of thing.  And it's too old as well.

Thanks for the suggestions, keep 'em coming!  We'll figure it out.   Drink
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 05:36:08 PM »

It's been a long time since I've seen it, so my memory is a bit faded, but it sounds a little bit like 'The Puppet Masters', which happens to have Julie Warner in it.

I think one of the episodes of the miniseries 'Taken' had a brother/sister alien couple that had sex, but not sure if any of the other details match up.

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 11:19:31 PM »

It's been a long time since I've seen it, so my memory is a bit faded, but it sounds a little bit like 'The Puppet Masters', which happens to have Julie Warner in it.

I think one of the episodes of the miniseries 'Taken' had a brother/sister alien couple that had sex, but not sure if any of the other details match up.

That's actually a bad horror/pod people movie that I like quite a bit.  It's been on the ol' HBO quite a bit lately and I'm very familiar with it - probably the reason (along with Tommy Boy) why my memory is putting Julie Warner into the mystery movie, actually.

Sadly, it's not the one I'm looking for.  The movie I'm thinking of took place entirely in the little town in the middle of nowhere where the two aliens move in.

And I don't think it's TAKEN either - the movie I'm thinking of wasn't a miniseries and definitely was not a Stephen King work - it was more John Waters or Roger Corman than Stephen King.

Thanks for the suggestion though.  I wish I could think of that actress.  It's right on the tip of my brain and I can't quite fill in the spaces.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2011, 01:16:57 PM »

The plot fits (mostly) with Cat People, except the brother/sister pair aren't blond. Or actually aliens.

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 04:01:26 PM »

The plot fits (mostly) with Cat People, except the brother/sister pair aren't blond. Or actually aliens.

I've seen both the old-timey version and the Malcolm McDowell version of that one, and they're not the ones I'm looking for.  And the dad from Home Alone is a nice touch.   TeddyR

Thanks for the suggestion though!
double feature
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 07:57:17 PM »

I believe the film you may be looking for is the mid 90's B Movie NOT LIKE US(1995)The description reads:A sexy horror filled story with two georgeous aliens who move into a small American town.I wish I knew how to post direct links but if you go to imdb.com and put in the title of the film it will take you to the films page with cast lists,a few photos,and a couple of reviews.Please let us know if this is the one you are looking for.
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 02:29:52 PM »

YES!  That's the one.  The name was familiar and when I read the synopsis and then saw it was Joanna Pacula it clicked right away.  This explains why I kept thinking of THEY ARE AMONG US - the names are very similar.

Thanks!!!   Cheers   Cheers   Cheers
double feature
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 06:19:57 PM »

No problem.Google is pretty amazing.
ChocolateChipCharlie
Bad Movie Lover

Oh my my, my Mitchell...

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 11:05:24 AM »

I thought I had tried every logical googling combination with no luck, but I must have missed one.   Drink
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  What Was That Film?  |  Solved  |  Aliens Invade Suburbia, Kill Everyone « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.