Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:44:54 AM
713396 Posts in 53059 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  The Omega Reviews: Iteration 0 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Omega Reviews: Iteration 0  (Read 3513 times)
OmegaGeek
Dedicated Viewer

« on: July 05, 2011, 10:48:52 AM »

So I thought I'd throw some stuff up on the wall and see if it sticks:

I have a character-driven review show, The Omega Reviews: Iteration 0, and I'm just starting out. My reviewing niche is best described as "movies you forgot you remembered", which are sometimes good, sometimes bad, but always funny. Here are the reviews so far this season:

Episode 1: The Maxx: http://blip.tv/the-omega/the-omega-iteration-0-the-maxx-4497257
Episode 2: Don't Eat the Pictures: http://blip.tv/the-omega/the-omega-iteration-0-don-t-eat-the-pictures-4525246
Episode 3: Unico in the Island of Magic: http://blip.tv/the-omega/the-omega-iteration-0-unico-in-the-island-of-magic-5089254
Episode 4: The Taint (with Diamanda Hagan): http://blip.tv/the-omega/the-omega-diamanda-hagan-iteration-0-the-taint-5095449
Episode 5: eXistenZ: http://blip.tv/the-omega/the-omega-iteration-0-existenz-5273714

I'm looking for feedback (both positive and negative) although I already know about the audio issues and looking to have clean audio for the next review. If you've interest, I also have several non-review videos on my website (a humor series, This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things), as well as a text-only blog project, Meet the Doctor, which is an attempt to watch the entirety of Doctor Who, beginning with the 1963 first season.

Thanks!  TeddyR

WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2011, 10:12:25 PM »

Alright, watched a few episodes and can now give some feed back.  Keep in mind this is only my opinion. I have no real idea what programs your using, skill level, etc.

Nice premisefor a story line.

Smart on triming the opening song down to 30 seconds. The first few episodes  it was way too long.  You also might think about adding some title graphics or such over them as well.

Since your just starting these, I think your still finding your voice.  Keep it up and you'll get better. (And I might keep the refernces to other internet reviewers to a minimum. Wasn't too bad, but until you actually join TGWTG-if that is a goal-focus on your own style, catchphrases, characters, etc)

Which leads me to the one really noticable flaw.  The voice of your side-kick.  If possible, I'd either get someone else to do it OR run his lines through some sort of filter.  The lisp you gave him really doesn't disguse the fact that your doing it, and in some cases I couldn't tell who was supposed to be speaking.  (The fact that I could see your mask move as you talked didn't help). Just somethingto make it a little more distinct.

Still, good start and here's to seeing your around our little happy family of bad movies lovers.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:21:32 AM by WingedSerpent » Logged

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
OmegaGeek
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 11:08:30 AM »

WS-

Thanks for the look-over! See, people keep telling me to get more cameos and include more reviewer in-jokes, but I've been trying to keep them to a minimum, as a non-reviewer viewer won't get them.

As for the lobster and his voice, there is a plot reason (reveal is coming up soon) why his voice is similar to Omega's and the way he's voiced. The first few reviews, I caught myself gesticulating and emoting with his lines, actually, and had to work on that.

For the next review (in scripting now) I'm actually going to film the scene and then overdub the audio, which should remove the 'appliance' background buzz (I film in the kitchen) and improve overall sound quality. I'm still learning the basics of Soundbooth and I want to focus on audio mixing/correction eventually.

Speaking of which, here's a new review, done as a co-review with the reviewer Diamanda Hagan, while she was visiting me:

http://blip.tv/the-omega/omega-reviews-butch-jamie-5488391

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Movie Reviews  |  The Omega Reviews: Iteration 0 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.