Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:37:58 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  this storm looks epic « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: this storm looks epic  (Read 2651 times)
major jay
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 11, 2011, 05:55:19 PM »

Is anyone here from Boston?

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »

me
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 08:45:40 PM »

I'm in New England.  Currently waiting for the storm to arrive.  They're building it up but the snow accumulation totals keep varying.  I guess we'll see tomorrow. I'm in the 10-12 range.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:47:47 PM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 07:33:07 AM »

It'll be a winter wonderland  TeddyR

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 09:33:48 AM »

I live in Billerica, Mass (northwest of Boston).  It's still snowing like a bastard here.  We probably have about 13 inches right now and they are predicting 15 - 20 inches in my area before it's all over.  My office delayed opening until 11:00, but I already told my boss it will probably be at least noon before I get there (if at all).  My office is in Nashua, New Hampsire and I don't think the snow is nearly as bad there.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 10:28:36 AM »

I live in Billerica, Mass (northwest of Boston).  It's still snowing like a bastard here.  We probably have about 13 inches right now and they are predicting 15 - 20 inches in my area before it's all over.  My office delayed opening until 11:00, but I already told my boss it will probably be at least noon before I get there (if at all).  My office is in Nashua, New Hampsire and I don't think the snow is nearly as bad there.

Haha. I was watching Outside Providence recently and they use that eupemism "like a bastard" or "as a bastard" all through that movie. That's gotta be a NE thing. It just cracks me up. I might try to introduce it in the southwest.

"It's hot as a bastard today."

BounceGiggle

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 11:01:32 AM »

I live just outside Boston and there is a ton of very wet heavy snow. If you grab a handfull of it it's already a snowball.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 10:09:14 PM »

The storm went through odd phases here in RI.  Heavy slushy stuff in the AM, fluffy white stuff around lunch and then a coat of sleet to go on top.  I got stuck in a snowbank for about 20 minutes until the plow guy in our neighborhood yanked my car out.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
The Burgomaster

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 07:26:01 AM »

Haha. I was watching Outside Providence recently and they use that eupemism "like a bastard" or "as a bastard" all through that movie. That's gotta be a NE thing. It just cracks me up. I might try to introduce it in the southwest.

"It's hot as a bastard today."

BounceGiggle

It's one of my most frequently used phrases.  "Hot as a bastard," "Sick as a bastard," "Tired as a bastard," you can use this phrase in many circumstances.  I never realized it was a NE thing.  I have been saying it for as long as I can remember.  I think I got it from my father's side of the family (the Italian side).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 07:27:50 AM »

We got 4 inches of snow down here in Texas, and it shut down our schools for a day and a half . . . I can't imagine what a FOOT of the white stuff would do!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 07:32:44 AM »

My office delayed opening until 11:00, but I already told my boss it will probably be at least noon before I get there (if at all). 

I always go straight for the "Probably won't be able to get in at all."   TeddyR  I live a ways outside of town and as far as anybody at work knows, snow plows almost never make it out this far.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 02:39:37 PM »

I was in the office when it hit and was worried I wouldn't be able to get home to my wife and kids. Then I remembered I not only don't have a job but no wife or kids either.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 09:40:39 PM »

Final tally - we ended up with about two feet.  My town was one of the towns in the "pivot point" of the storm, according to Channel 7 news.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  this storm looks epic « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.