Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 10:53:06 PM
714193 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  a question about FRIDAY THE 13th 8 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: a question about FRIDAY THE 13th 8  (Read 2239 times)
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« on: January 16, 2011, 04:59:39 AM »

I got this on DVD for Christmas and watched it a few days a go.I had not seen it since its original theatrical release.
Wow.I was surprised just how much of it I did not remember(which was most of it)
Okay,the reason I am posting here.....
This is really bugging me.I could have sworn that when I saw this at the cinema back in 1989,that the scene with JJ's demise goes on for just a little bit longer.
Does anyone else that saw this at the theater remember them showing JJ's swollen and bloodied face briefly,after Jason slams her in the head with the guitar?I also remember that when her face was shown,someone in the audience laughed rather loud.
Since this is one of the very very few scenes that I could recall..I was surprised that this scene did not show up on the DVD.
So,than I thought,well maybe,this scene was later removed and they included it in the "Slashed Scenes" bonus feature.
Nope.
WTF?!Did I just imagine the whole thing?Maybe I am thinking of some other movie?(Than again,how many movies feature some one being hit in the face with an electric guitar?).
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 09:37:58 AM »

I remember that movie.  I also remember that scene.  Here face was bloodied.  I saw it on a network station too.

You remember well my friend.

Later,

John

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 10:16:04 AM »

What version do you have?  That scene is on my old VHS as well as my DVD.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
bladerunnerblues
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:43:06 PM »

The scene does NOT appear on the Deluxe Edition.
Well,dammit.That stinks that they cut that scene out(morons). Thumbdown
But,I am glad to know that I didn't imagine it. Smile
KYGOTC
Corprate slimeball of E.E.S.

Be EXELLENT to each other...and PARTY ON DUDES!!

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 05:10:36 PM »

Yea dude. I didn't see it when it came out, (I was probobly more into Seseme Street back then), but I don't doubt that it was there. For some dumb reason, all of the Friday the 13th movies that were made my Paramount (1-8) were heavily censored. Eccpecially part 7. When the franchise went to New Line, the exessive gore was alowed AND put on the home video versions, but Paramount is still holding out on us. I've been brooding over it for years. It's why I refuse to see parts 4-8. The only ones I havent seen.

Alot of the deleted gore from these movies is on youtube, but it needs to be on dvd.

"I'm a man too, you know! I go pee-pee standing up!"
Jim H

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 09:31:39 PM »

What's interesting is one or two of the kills in part 8 weren't just re-edited...  At least one was re-shot by the makeup guys.  One of them used to post on a forum I once read, and apparently the one guy killed in silhouette on the boat is him (think he gets impaled), as they had to do it without the actor.  The original kill was considerably gorier.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 01:07:03 PM »

There was a part 8?

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 05:48:02 PM »

There was a part 8?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  a question about FRIDAY THE 13th 8 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.