Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:12:40 PM
713364 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV moments that made you scream in rage or frustration. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: TV moments that made you scream in rage or frustration.  (Read 15230 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2011, 08:13:15 PM »

Janeway

That's really all you needed to say.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2011, 01:48:46 PM »

When any of a number of TV series got cancelled.

Also in Star Trek Voyager, how Janeway continually beat The Borg

As for the Borg, that moment came for me with TNG, when the full implications of Hugh became apparent. They went to the trouble of creating a race that was immune to diplomacy, totally dispassionate, devoid of human-like values, and bent on taking over everyone and everything they happened to notice. A race that did not allow time to talk, and required immediate action. You meet the Borg, you either fight or run, and running only buys time. In the end, you need either superior strategy or superior firepower. The Borg were a perfect means of escaping the idealistic corner the producers had painted the show into, allowing the crew to just mix it up with an enemy once in a while, without a big moral dilemma.

Then Hugh came along and f**ked it all up. Dammit.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2011, 02:06:26 PM »

That we never got Season Two of The Silver Surfer...

When they moved the location shooting of The X-Files from B.C. to L.A. (to me, the show was never the same after that).

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Wag
Bad Movie Lover

It's a real cat and carrot situation

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2011, 08:33:12 PM »

Then Hugh came along and f**ked it all up. Dammit.

I was okay with Hugh to an extent although I get where you're coming from. If the Borg were as relentless and unyielding as they initially seemed, then ultimately the Borg would have assimilated everything. I can imagine producers realising they had created something that could end the Federation and panicing.

Janeway however took them on loads and if you think back to the presence they had in their first appearances and the Wolf 359 stuff and compare that to the Borg-lite in Voyager. Voyager should not have been able to survive one encounter with a Borg vessil, let alone ally with them. Like you said, are immune to diplomacy, or at least they were. Until Species 3...whatever. Another thing that annoyed me. It was like Voyager was constantly trying to up the ante with action, excitement and the like, but it ended up stupid for it. We didn't need a race that was even more powerful than the Borg. The Borg should have still been menacing all these years later.

Where the hell is that soothing music coming from?
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2011, 03:33:45 AM »

In Buffy's earlier episodes whenever a vampire is sucking blood out of the person there is no blood shown. Not on the wound, not on the mouth of the vampire. Stupid producers don't have balls to put blood in a VAMPIRE show.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2011, 12:28:09 PM »

The A-Team.  It used to get me mad that bullets would never harm anyone, because we know in real life the result is a little different.  A million bullets would fly and the bad guys would escape from the cars or trucks totally unhurt.

Not only that, but the A-Team would constantly shoot out car and truck tires with precision marksmanship, and they always managed to make a weapon of mass destruction out of nothing more than a wad of gum, a shoelace, and a tin can.

All in all, the suspension of disbelief and the sanitization of firearms use and the entire predictability of the show was what ground my gears. I used to wind up calling them "The Gay Team" after a while, like I'm sure most of us did.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2011, 10:15:51 AM »

When I see those investment shows where so-called "experts" yell at each other about the best stocks to invest in.  My father has these shows on a lot when I go to my parents' house and I keep asking him, "Why do you watch this crap?"  It's pointless.  One person says, "this stock is a great investment" and the person on the other side of the table says, "no, it's a terrible investment," and by the end of the show nothing gets resolved.  Watch something ENTERTAINING dad!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2011, 11:50:42 AM »

When I see those investment shows where so-called "experts" yell at each other about the best stocks to invest in.  My father has these shows on a lot when I go to my parents' house and I keep asking him, "Why do you watch this crap?"  It's pointless.  One person says, "this stock is a great investment" and the person on the other side of the table says, "no, it's a terrible investment," and by the end of the show nothing gets resolved.  Watch something ENTERTAINING dad!

Wow, and I thought it was weird for my dad to constantly watch the weather channel. At least weather reports are somewhat useful and not particularly annoying.

---------------------
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2011, 12:37:57 PM »

Wow, and I thought it was weird for my dad to constantly watch the weather channel. At least weather reports are somewhat useful and not particularly annoying.

Ugh.  The Weather Channel.

Their forecasts have gone to the crapper in the past couple of years.

Just yesterday, the TWC app on my phone said it was raining and I was standing in 70 degree sunshine.  Yes, anyone can get it wrong sometimes, but they are consistently off the mark - at least here.

weatherunderground.com (which uses NWS data directly)  is much better.

But I just don't get it.  The guys around here will stay glued to TWC (there are a couple of reasons for this), and it is almost funny to watch them get worked up about the forecast.

The really sad ones are the guys that walk into the Capn's Lounge (from outside) and turn on the weather channel to "see what the weather is."  Note the "IS."

I've gotten many a blank stare for asking "Why don't you just look outside to see what the weather is?"  It's like they just don't believe it is {whatever is happening} until some talking head on the TV confirms it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 01:19:55 PM »

The Weather Network, in Canada, has been pretty far off the mark in terms of forecasts, and frequently off with their current conditions. Used to be much better in the early 90s. The forecasts were more accurate, and they had some attractive ladies doing the reports. Not hotties so much as distinctive women who were attractive in more of an everyday way, which is more appealing in a way. I knew a few guys who tuned in for the "eye candy."

Lila Feng was a particular favourite, and apparently still has a following working for CNN Worldwide. Most surprising, almost 20 years have passed, and she's still cute as a button.

---------------------
66Crush
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2011, 10:35:19 PM »

It always bugged me that on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" Angel got away with killing Miss Calender. Oh sure he went to hell, but he came back. It seemed like Buffy would stop her friends from taking revenge on she ever happend to be sleeping with. By the time the show ended I kind of hated Buffy's character. It also bugged me that Cordelia was killed off instead of written out. I think it's because it was Joss Wheadon's crybaby way of punishing Charisma Carpenter because they didn't get along. I hate when writers don't take the fans feelings into consideration when they do that to a major character. When I was a kid it made me angry when the kids wouldn't let the Trix Rabbit have any cereal, I wanted him to kill those little jerks. Guess I have issues.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Television  |  TV moments that made you scream in rage or frustration. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.