Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:42:50 AM
713324 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Alabama Governor: Only Christians are my Brothers « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Alabama Governor: Only Christians are my Brothers  (Read 14014 times)
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 09:48:59 PM »

Being my brother has nothing to do with genetics or religion.

But I will have to see your DVD collection...  Wink

Yeah, DVD'S are an important thing in a man's life. Good call  TongueOut

If yer anti Bela-I'm onna jihaad!-or yeehaad!
But seriously,folks--muslims-radical christians. Same s**t. Personally-If religion turns you into a bigoted a***ole-I want no part of yer "god". More murder has been commited in the name of one god or another that it makes organized religion of any sort a joke. I aint an atheist-I believe in a higher power-but I dont pretend to know what it is-or how it operates. Heaven-Hell-Satan-God-...fairy tales.Invented to keep people in line.
And if you think Muslims invented religious jihaad-uh-the Crusades-the Inqusition? Before that-the Romans killing Christians-beginning of time,I reckon. f**k organized religion. I got mine-you got yours-who cares?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 09:55:29 PM »

Being my brother has nothing to do with genetics or religion.

But I will have to see your DVD collection...  Wink

Yeah, DVD'S are an important thing in a man's life. Good call  TongueOut

Anyone who doesnt appreciate the insightful wisdom of ROBOT MONSTER should be burned at the stake! BURN THE HERETIC! BURN! BURN!!!! hot

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 02:34:45 AM »

A terrible thing to say, and horribly un-Christian to boot.

When Christ said "Love your fellow man" he did not add provisos. To add them yourself is a betrayal of what you purport to believe.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2011, 08:46:54 AM »

When Christ said "Love your fellow man" he did not add provisos. To add them yourself is a betrayal of what you purport to believe.

Well I think that back then there was a different meaning to loving your fellow man than the one now. It means a (w)hole  new thing today..j\k  TongueOut

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Couchtr26

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2011, 11:57:04 PM »

And if you think Muslims invented religious jihaad-uh-the Crusades-the Inqusition? Before that-the Romans killing Christians-beginning of time,I reckon. f**k organized religion. I got mine-you got yours-who cares?

Actually, you bring up an interesting thought I had about religion.  Considering that Islam was started circa 700 and that all these things existed in Christianity roughly around 1000 - 1200 and lasted about 500 years or so, Is this just the natural evolution of a religion?  Does after about 1000 years or so some zealotry occur that eventually dies out as basic philosophical thoughts on humanity enter into the culture?

Ah, the good old days.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 12:33:53 AM »

One thing to remember: The Crusades, as horrible as they were, represented the Church trying to reclaim the land of its birth.  Muslims militarily conquered Judea at a time when Western Christendom was very weak.  The two faiths did coexist for awhile, but when the Seljuk Turks wrested control of the Muslim lands from the Abassid Dynasty, they began a heavy persecution of Christians and quit allowing the faithful to visit the Holy Places of their faith.  Many non-violent Christian pilgrims were murdered or enslaved before the Church finally took up the sword to reclaim the land of its birth.
Don't mistake me - the stuff done during the Crusades was wrong - but there was ample wrong on both sides, and the Christians did not START the violence.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 01:59:45 AM »

Well I think that back then there was a different meaning to loving your fellow man than the one now. It means a (w)hole  new thing today..j\k  TongueOut

Well, I left out that "...as you would love yourself" bit.

All I'm saying is that the the police and I have very different opinions on the "whys and wheres" of the Golden Rule.

Some things you have to learn the hard way.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Couchtr26

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2011, 02:17:25 AM »

One thing to remember: The Crusades, as horrible as they were, represented the Church trying to reclaim the land of its birth.  Muslims militarily conquered Judea at a time when Western Christendom was very weak.  The two faiths did coexist for awhile, but when the Seljuk Turks wrested control of the Muslim lands from the Abassid Dynasty, they began a heavy persecution of Christians and quit allowing the faithful to visit the Holy Places of their faith.  Many non-violent Christian pilgrims were murdered or enslaved before the Church finally took up the sword to reclaim the land of its birth.
Don't mistake me - the stuff done during the Crusades was wrong - but there was ample wrong on both sides, and the Christians did not START the violence.

Actually, I think most of that was pretext.  If I am not mistaken most came from the Ottoman Empire seeking aid from the west.  They used we are Christian helps us as an excuse for more we have alot of aggressive armed people on our doorstep do you think you guys could help us out as we are both Christian.  At least in the initial stages, it eventually devolved into more basic terms as time went on in the first crusade. 

Ah, the good old days.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2011, 09:31:13 AM »

I think you are referring to the Byzantine Empire, not the Ottomans.  That is true - the Byzantines had tried to retake the Holy Land from the Turks and got their clocks cleaned at the Battle of Manzikurt, so they appealed to their fellow Christians in the West for aid.  But however noble or ignoble the original intent may have been, the whole thing became a farce.  In the Fourth Crusade, Christian Latins from the West sacked and burned Constantinople - the capitol of a Christian Empire - and never even got close to Jerusalem.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 10:32:47 AM »

Right. I believe, though I may be wrong, I had read once that the Roman Holy Sites in Constantinople were burned to the ground in 1198(?) and that was one of a series of one-up's that caused the Crusades to turn from a conflict into a full blown war.

However, despite the fact that Christians didn't start the violence, but try telling that to people today....Christians have gotten stuck with the check for almost every act of violence since, but noone seems to be willing to address the other atrocities that have taken place in the world, and there have been many.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Umaril The Unfeathered

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 10:38:13 AM »

Well, I left out that "...as you would love yourself" bit.

All I'm saying is that the the police and I have very different opinions on the "whys and wheres" of the Golden Rule.

Some things you have to learn the hard way.

Not a problem, I get where you're comin' from. I was just being a jokester as usual.

The Golden Rule certainly has been tested thru the ages, hasn't it?

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Couchtr26

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 09:51:42 PM »

I think you are referring to the Byzantine Empire, not the Ottomans.  That is true - the Byzantines had tried to retake the Holy Land from the Turks and got their clocks cleaned at the Battle of Manzikurt, so they appealed to their fellow Christians in the West for aid.  But however noble or ignoble the original intent may have been, the whole thing became a farce.  In the Fourth Crusade, Christian Latins from the West sacked and burned Constantinople - the capitol of a Christian Empire - and never even got close to Jerusalem.

Thanks IndianaSmith, sorry I was misplacing my memory. 

Ah, the good old days.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Press Releases and Film News  |  Alabama Governor: Only Christians are my Brothers « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.