Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:03:33 AM
714146 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THIS TV « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: THIS TV  (Read 6628 times)
major jay
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 21, 2011, 07:47:13 PM »

Is anyone a fan of this station?
I just watched LAND OF DOOM, and saw BULLETPROOF (with Gary Busey) a few weeks ago. THIS starion rocks !!!

retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 10:31:06 PM »

I check it every so often.. I appreciate stations that will show older flicks of every genre.  Some of the movies are poorly edited or shortened, or are of terrible print, but I still like the attempt.  A local station, KPTV, used to have "Moonlight Theater" which was very similar.  That show ended about 14-15 years ago, so I'm glad to have THIS. 

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
major jay

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 07:34:06 AM »

Yep, every now and then a gem pops up. Quite a while ago they showed OCTAMAN.
 It is too bad that the movies are censored, but oh well. I'd never seen OCTAMAN or BULLETPROOF so it was nice to be exposed to them. It's also nice that they show reruns of THE OUTER LIMITS and HIGHWAY PATROL.

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 10:14:04 AM »

Ive seen a bunch of crazy stuff on it and they run outer limits all the time.  I've seen halls of anger and born wild, exploitation flicks which aren't on legit DVD.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 11:11:50 AM »

There are some really good and "bad" films.  They also have Elvira on the weekends.  I'm a fan.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
claws
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 01:03:07 PM »

I don't get THIS TV but a friend of mine does. Whenever we meet in chat she tells me about movies she watched on THIS TV, but also that the movie was either blurred or edited.
No matter how rare or unavailable the movie, I rather not watch it at all if it happens to be edited/censored. What's the point in showing something like that?
MrMari

Keepin' my pimp hand strong since 1975.

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 07:12:35 PM »

I get ThisTV  and I love it. I also enjoy AntTV as well. They play retro movies early in the morning and great 60s-90s Sitcoms in the afternoon and evening. Late at night, they run Benny Hill. I'm using the old school roof antenna to pick these up as my Comcast won't air them.

BTW, ThisTV is airing "Foxes" at 11:30 tonight.

Paquita

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 11:21:36 PM »

We get THIS tv and I like a lot of the movies!   I recently watched a Red Riding Hood musical with Craig T Nelson in it!  That was fun!  I just don't like the commercials.  They're all old people, life insurance, serious illness commercials and they make me sad.
Pilgermann

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2011, 01:39:15 AM »

I don't watch it as frequently as I'd like, but I've caught some fun stuff on there like Scarecrows and Witchboard.  I've never seen Scarecrows on video but it seemed like none of the violence was cut, just profanity.  If I ever woke up early I'd watch it in the morning 'cause they show some stuff like Heathcliff and Tex Avery cartoons.  Mr. Ed, too.  It's a comforting station 'cause its random assortment of programming reminds me of watching TV when I was growing up, when it was still fun.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 01:42:41 AM by Pilgermann » Logged

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2011, 10:58:55 AM »

Yeah, I noticed a couple of those Mother Goose musical things. They seem really odd.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:50:59 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 10:24:49 PM »

I don't watch it as frequently as I'd like, but I've caught some fun stuff on there like Scarecrows and Witchboard.  I've never seen Scarecrows on video but it seemed like none of the violence was cut, just profanity.  If I ever woke up early I'd watch it in the morning 'cause they show some stuff like Heathcliff and Tex Avery cartoons.  Mr. Ed, too.  It's a comforting station 'cause its random assortment of programming reminds me of watching TV when I was growing up, when it was still fun.
I believe the Qubo channel shows She-Ra and some other old cartoons late at night. :)

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
major jay

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 01:57:27 PM »

They're showing a Sho Kosugi double feature on Thursday starting at 8:00 pm.
REVENGE OF THE NINJA followed by it's unofficial sequel PRAY FOR DEATH. Smile

daijinryuu775489
New Visitor

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 03:22:55 PM »

Yeah, I appreciate this station. I liked it even more when I realized it was a source where I could get my Elvira fix. Smile
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 07:49:35 PM »

I have this channel but i've never checked it out. Just went to they're website to see the schedule and it looks pretty sweet.

major jay

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 10:03:13 AM »

Yeah, I appreciate this station. I liked it even more when I realized it was a source where I could get my Elvira fix. Smile
Next week they're showing UNTAMED WOMEN aka BOWANGA, BOWANGA: THE WHITE SIRENS OF AFRICA. It's a little slow going at first but the craziness kicks in when the glamour girls show up. Thumbup

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  THIS TV « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.