Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:43:59 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Bud Spencer « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Bud Spencer  (Read 8844 times)
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 23, 2011, 02:42:04 PM »

Allright, I have to ask this.
Do you guys know Bud Spencer?
He's an italian actor who mainly did comedies back in the 70s and 80s.
I'm asking because in Hungary, everyone and their mother knows Bud Spencer. And I mean EVERYONE.

What's the deal in the rest of the world?
Do you know Bud Spencer?
claws
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 03:33:24 PM »

I don't think he was all that popular in the U.S. based on my video rental days back in the 80s. The only Bud Spencer movie they had on VHS was Aladdin, and that was one of his weaker films. Terence Hill had more movies out on tape though.

Seen most of his films, enjoyed some, didn't like some. My fave gotta be Bulldozer.
Paquita

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 10:02:33 PM »

Know him?!  I LOVE Bud Spencer!  I've seen many of his movies and whether or not they're good I can't say because I just like them because he's in them and I have a weakness for Spaghetti Westerns... I can't wait to see more though!  I don't think I've seen Bulldozer yet!  He reminds me a lot of my dad.  He looks so much like him, I swear they could be related.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 12:07:58 AM »

I've never heard of him.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 01:25:25 AM »

Carlo Pedersoli [Bud Spencer] and Mario Girotti [Terence Hill] enlivened my Saturday afternoons in the cinema: my personal favourites are Watch Out We're Mad and Who Finds A Friend Finds A TreasureTeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 06:14:19 AM »

Yeah, I know Terence Hill and Bud Spencer - the Abbott and Costello of Italy.  A friend of my stepdad's used to LOVE those guys and he would always drag me along to watch them at the drive in.  I never got the humour - my 12 year old self found them very boring while he would cack himself stupid at their antics.

I guess I couldn't understand why an Italian guy was called Bud Spencer   BounceGiggle

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 06:22:38 AM »

he would cack himself stupid at their antics.

I hope that is 'cack' as in 'cackle' and not 'cack' as in........well, you know.  TeddyR

I guess I couldn't understand why an Italian guy was called Bud Spencer   BounceGiggle

Apparently, Bud was the name of a character that the actor played in a film and he admired the actor Spencer Tracy a lot. That is the film nerd / geek coming out in me, sorry.  Wink

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 06:32:44 AM »

I have a TRINTY 2 pack. THEY CALL ME TRINITY and TRINTY IS STILL MY NAME. Bud was Terence Hills sidekick. Big guy!
He began in films in 1951-and he's STILL making films!  Thumbup

He's still alive at 81!  Smile http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0817881/#Actor

Buds the big guy who smacks the bandito-

Small | Large

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 02:00:10 PM »

Well, there's this thing called "America" and then there's this thing called "The rest of the world." Sometimes they influence each other culturally, but there are tons of things like this where something is a household name in another country but nobody here knows or cares about.

I recently found out that Frank Stallone as a musical artist is a big deal in Australia. When he goes there he sells out arenas.

Go figure.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Cthulhu

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 03:15:01 PM »

Well, there's this thing called "America" and then there's this thing called "The rest of the world." Sometimes they influence each other culturally, but there are tons of things like this where something is a household name in another country but nobody here knows or cares about.

I recently found out that Frank Stallone as a musical artist is a big deal in Australia. When he goes there he sells out arenas.

Go figure.
And that's exactly the reason I asked. I wanted to know if the Bud Spencer phenomenon was a local thing, or not.
I see that he's not totally unknown over there. He's just not THAT big of a deal. TeddyR
Personally, I love his movies.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 04:17:12 PM »

Go figure.
And that's exactly the reason I asked. I wanted to know if the Bud Spencer phenomenon was a local thing, or not.
I see that he's not totally unknown over there. He's just not THAT big of a deal. TeddyR

Aha. Well, I think you are accomplishing your mission quite well, sir. Karma to you.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Cthulhu

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 04:29:06 PM »

Go figure.

Aha. Well, I think you are accomplishing your mission quite well, sir. Karma to you.
Wow.Thanks!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 05:07:02 PM »

Any fan of spaghetti westerns should be familiar with Bud Spencer!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Trevor
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 01:21:14 AM »

Any fan of spaghetti westerns should be familiar with Bud Spencer!

The opening scenes of God Forgives, I Don't where the stationmaster finds a train full of corpses still makes me go  Buggedout Buggedout

Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 07:04:18 AM »

Go figure.

That's news to me, Flick.  I assume that's Sly's brother?  Man, I gotta start watching more tv!

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Bud Spencer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.