Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 05:38:07 AM
712927 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Pros & Novices  |  Totally forgotten AVID « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Totally forgotten AVID  (Read 10132 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: January 26, 2011, 05:27:33 PM »

I've been using Final Cut for all my school projects for a long time now.  Well, I signed up for Advanced AVID because this is the first time they've offered it.  I sat down today to do my first project and CRIPES! I can't do anything.  Not only have I not so much as thought about AVID for a long time, it's a new version.  I got a shot laid down in the timeline and that's about all I could accomplish.

If I can't get back into it, I'll be dropping this class.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
akiratubo

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 08:05:28 PM »

Oh, thank goodness!  The first few weeks of class will be review.  That'll give me time to get back into AVID.

dean

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 06:09:40 AM »

Its an industry standard in many parts so it'd be a great idea to wrap your head around it if you want to get into post-work, though most people I know are all nuts about Final Cut.  I have both FCP and Premiere, and funnily enough Premiere is starting to get a good run through, only because its a little easier to edit DSLR footage.  They're essentially the same thing though.

Other than frustrating, how is AVID going/have you sunk your teeth into it yet?

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Jim H

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 01:56:02 AM »

I've only briefly used it, but from what I recall it was much less intuitive than other NLEs I've used but it also was pretty powerful and EXTREMELY stable.  That about covers it?

Generally speaking though, any software like that is like riding a bike.  Shouldn't have trouble once you get going.
RD
Bad Movie Lover

I make the bad movies.

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 11:56:34 AM »

I've used Avid Media Composer and Avid Nitris, though it's been over a year since I had to use either. MC was easier to adapt too, I probably forgot everything, but if I looked over my notes and hotkeys, I think I'd do ok...   Not much of an editor anyways. I lean towards art department/set decoration.

=== ===
           Go Robo!
akiratubo

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 10:17:39 PM »

I dropped Avid class.  It was too hard to get back into and I have a very full load this (final) semester.  I've since gotten a pretty sweet editing computer at home and I'm using Premiere Pro CS5.  I'll take it over Avid any day of the week.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Pros & Novices  |  Totally forgotten AVID « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.