Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:17:07 AM
713382 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WORST FILM REMAKES OF TV SHOWS...... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WORST FILM REMAKES OF TV SHOWS......  (Read 7054 times)
SPazzo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My kinda toy...

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 07:56:01 PM »

The Simpson's Movie comes to mind, as being somewhat obnoxious....

Hmm...  To be honest, it didn't seem that much more obnoxious than the TV show.  Don't get me wrong, I love The Simpsons.  But the movie didn't really seem that much different.  It wasn't great, but it was just kinda like an extra long episode of the show.

But then again, should movie remakes of TV shows just be like an extra long episode of the original show?  Makes
Small | Large
me
Small | Large
wonder...
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 08:32:23 PM »

Fat Albert made the one unforgivable sin of movies.  It was dull.  I can handle movies that are tasteless and dumb.  I can handle movies that are horrible.  They at least give me something to hate (and talk about) but Fat Albert had NOTHING.
Raffine

« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 08:46:37 PM »

One of my favorite childhood shows was (and is) Bewitched.

The only tiny, tiny bright spot in that terrible 'revisioned' movie was Steve Carrell's tiny, tiny cameo as Uncle Arthur.

Carrell doing Uncle Arthur's patended mirror schtick

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 09:18:11 PM »

Inspector Gadget

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
66Crush
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 11:12:02 PM »

That "Dukes of Hazzard" remake is the biggest piece of s**t ever made! It's like nobody involved with that film had ever even seen one episode of the show. They removed all of the subtle self deprecating humour that made the show a classic action/comedy. The remake of "The A-Team" (a show with similar qualities) was equally bad. Come to think of it, I have never liked a remake of any classic TV show. TV shows have a much richer history than movies, because you have a series of stories that evolve over the course of several years. To try and condense the highlights of that history into a two hour movie format is a monumental task. Since most of today's film makers are sub par storytellers with too much emphasis on technical skill, for them to take on such a task is an insult to the legacy of these classic shows.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2011, 06:28:50 AM »

I agree on LOST IN SPACE. The show was corny and fun....the movie-ugh.
Haven't seen it-but the YOGI BEAR movie looks horrendous. He does a rap song.  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
skuts
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 10:35:27 AM »

The Avengers was pretty horrendous.

Babies taste best.
JayJayM12
Regulary relieves himself on hospitality...
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2011, 03:53:50 PM »

Haven't seen it-but the YOGI BEAR movie looks horrendous. He does a rap song.  Bluesad

Haven't seen it either, but it's another in the long line of movies that make MY list of worst tv adaptations - our childhood cartoons being turned into modern music videos/fart gags/bad CGI fests.  Off the top of my head - Scooby Doo, Alvin & The Chipmunks, Underdog, Yogi Bear, Garfield, Fat Albert, Josie and the p***ycats, and soon - The Smurfs.  For me, it's weird because they obviously make them that way to appeal to TODAY'S audiences, but those audiences don't have a familiarity with the character anyway, so why not just make something original?

I also hated GI Joe and especially Transformers.  Personally, I'm a fan of Masters of the Universe, but for all the wrong reasons...

Check out my movie reviews and articles at:  www.cinedump.com<br /><br />Or, don\\\'t check them out - see if I care.  You\\\'re not my real mom anyway.  Unless, you are.  In which case, whatever, I\\\'ll do what I want.  It\\\'s my hot body.  Y\\\'all don\\\'t know me.
66Crush
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 09:36:21 PM »

Animation remade into live action is a mistake. It's just plain wrong.
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 02:50:50 PM »

The Avengers was pretty horrendous.

I like the final scene and the teddy bear scene.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
bob
I survived Bucky Larson

Torgo watches you masterbate!

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2011, 09:59:08 AM »

Off the of my head Wild Wild West, Land of the Lost, and Bewitched.

Kubrick, Nolan, Tarantino, Wan, Iñárritu, Scorsese, Chaplin, Abrams, Wes Anderson, Gilliam, Kurosawa - the elite

I believe in the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  WORST FILM REMAKES OF TV SHOWS...... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.