Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:04:31 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Favorite Steaks? « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Favorite Steaks?  (Read 5398 times)
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« on: February 01, 2011, 06:47:07 PM »

I'm a steak fan although I don't eat it nearly enough as I'd like.  Then again who does.  What are some of your favorite cuts?

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 06:49:46 PM »

I'm a steak fan although I don't eat it nearly enough as I'd like.  Then again who does.  What are some of your favorite cuts?

I go for a nice ribeye.  I like them as they tend to come better marbled then most other standard cuts you see.  I also prefer a nice steak with a bit more gristle.  I like the flavor and enjoy the taste. 

Ah, the good old days.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 06:51:12 PM »

I don't really care for steak. I like foods such as steak fajitas and beef flavored ramen with a picture of steak-esque meat on the package. So in other words, I'm not a steak guy. Now chicken, there is some good meat.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 06:57:02 PM »

I can be happy with any piece of steak.  But my favorites are NY steak, filet mignon wrapped with bacon, round steak, chuck, tri-tip, and sirloin.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 07:08:44 PM »

I'm not a steak fan.
I'm a chicken guy too.

I'm half man, half chicken.  Wink

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 07:29:03 PM »

T-bone is number one for me. If I want to eat a grilled slab of beef, that's the cut. A New York strip is pretty good though, being essentially a T-bone without the bone and the tenderloin. That's what I mostly see in restaurants that have one steak dinner on the menu. Of course, if I want to spend the money on restaurant steak, I'll go to a steakhouse, but it's been years since I have. Steak is pretty much a food to be served at home.

I don't eat as much steak in general as I used to, being the only one in the house who really likes it.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 07:42:06 PM »

I like New York strips and tenderloin.  I like them best when I cook them here on the grill to medium rare (heavier on the rare).

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 08:10:37 PM »

I love a good rib-eye, and the best one I ever had came from a steak house called THE OXBOW on Interstate 35 between Temple and Killeen, TX.  I got the 1 3/4" thick cut, and it was quite simply the best meat I have ever tasted in my life!  It was also the most expensive meal I have ever purchased - all told, about $75 by the time I threw down the tip.  Worth every penny though!

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 08:39:18 PM »

Of course, if I want to spend the money on restaurant steak, I'll go to a steakhouse, but it's been years since I have. Steak is pretty much a food to be served at home.
I find a lot of establishments simply have no clue how to cook a steak properly.  Most places you'd swear they wiped the bottom of the grill with the steak which to me is repulsive.  Another thing too is their cuts of meat are usually not the best either.  I find I usually prefer my way of cooking steaks.  The same thing with chicken which is why I hardly order either off a menu anywhere. 

By the way, I'm bringing this up because my grandfather inlaw has a "farmer friend" that hooked him up with some nice cuts of beef.  I've been way too spoiled lately eating a nice variety of cuts.   Thumbup

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Couchtr26

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 09:10:25 PM »

Nice Darksider, I had a few cuts from a farmer friend at one time.  It was different for me as it was grass fed and I usually don't buy grass fed.  It was definitely different in freshness compared to most of what I purchase. 

Ah, the good old days.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 10:15:19 PM »

I like the texture of porterhouses, but there's a bit more bone than I like.  I had a 48 ounce one to get my name on a wall a few years ago.

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2011, 10:23:16 PM »

Sirloin, cooked to extremely well done. Smile

yeah no.
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 12:07:09 AM »

Darksider, I know you made an entire new thread for the chicken folks, so I apologize in advance for this annoying, but much needed picture:

Thumbup 

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
HappyGilmore
B-Movie Kraken

I know Quack-Fu.

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 12:34:36 AM »

I'm a fan of steaks all around, don't really have a preference.  But, considering where I live, it's more about the famous steak sandwich, the cheesesteak, as opposed to a nice t-bone or filet.

"The path to Heaven runs through miles of clouded Hell."

Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside.
It’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide.
claws
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 12:52:47 AM »

Not a big fan of steak, but I don't mind T-bone or Salisbury steak once in a while.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Favorite Steaks? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.