Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:34:29 AM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Favorite Steaks? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Favorite Steaks?  (Read 5422 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2011, 01:09:59 AM »

I like 'em the way Dr Hannibal Lecter likes 'em: freshly cut.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2011, 04:23:12 AM »

I like all steak-ribeye the best. Andy bloody! (of cousrse!). With mashed taters,horseradish and cole slaw on the side!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2011, 07:23:52 AM »

I don't know the various cuts of steak, whatever the wife brings home is usually pretty good  BounceGiggle

Sometimes we make shish kabob with sweet peppers and mushrooms, other times we just grill it medium rare with lots of Lawry's seasoning salt.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 09:41:05 AM »

I just had Fillet Mignon last night. But if I could pick a second next to fillet I'd say ribeye. I like my steak cooked rare.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2011, 09:52:35 AM »

I find a lot of establishments simply have no clue how to cook a steak properly.  Most places you'd swear they wiped the bottom of the grill with the steak which to me is repulsive.  Another thing too is their cuts of meat are usually not the best either.  I find I usually prefer my way of cooking steaks.  The same thing with chicken which is why I hardly order either off a menu anywhere. 

So many of the restaurants these days are one-stop affairs. They've got the pasta, the pizza, the burgers and sandwiches, seafood, salads and whatnot, and they throw in a steak entree as much to round out the menu as anything else. It's often a middle-of-the-road cut - tender, but not the best - and the cooks know just enough to give it to you somewhere in the neighbourhood of medium, but don't expect precisely what you asked for. The only memorable steak dinners I've had at restaurants were at places that specialized in grilling meat.

I've been in the mood for steak since yesterday, but the barbecue is buried in snow, and the tank's empty. I'm not a big one for pan-frying steak.

Anybody else like a bit of compound butter on their steak? I make a nice maitre d'hotel butter that adds just a nice flavour, but keeps the meat front and centre. Just take some soft butter and add a bit of lemon juice, finely chopped parsley, salt and pepper, whip it all together, put it on some plastic wrap, roll it into a cylinder and toss it in the fridge. Later on, you can slice off a pat of it to put on a freshly-grilled steak before serving.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:50:47 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2011, 11:29:21 AM »

I love steak in general, but also like all kinds of meat. I also love bison.

Ribeye is great but also very fatty, hence the flavor, but because of the fat I generally avoid it and try to stick with leaner meats. Filet Mignon is very lean and also very tender, so that would be my favorite but I can't always afford it. I usually stick with sirloin or New York cuts because the meat quality is good, not as high on fat content as ribeye, and the cost is not outrageous. I also love a good prime rib once in while, medium-rare of course.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Sleepyskull

Well,well,well...

« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2011, 07:28:42 PM »

I'm a fan of steaks all around, don't really have a preference.  But, considering where I live, it's more about the famous steak sandwich, the cheesesteak, as opposed to a nice t-bone or filet.

Oh yeah! I love cheesesteaks! Whether it's beef or chicken. Although, I know you don't like cheese (I love it and not just on subs.) which is wrong. This is not opinion. This is fact.  Wink

OK, back to the thread.

Humanity takes itself too seriously. It is the world`s original sin. - Oscar Wilde
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 09:29:04 AM »

To comment further on the fat issue. Ribeye is very popular because it is so flavorful, and the flavor comes from the fat. The Italians taught me that you can go with leaner meats and add flavor and tenderness to the meat with one simple trick: rub olive oil on the meat before cooking it. I've been doing this for years now with leaner cuts of steak, and it's an awesome trick. The meat still gets a great sear, yet is tender and flavorful because of the addition of the healthier fat in olive oil. If you're looking to really enjoy your steak but are trying to cut down on fat, rub on olive oil, season as you would normally, and sear. 

Couchtr26

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 11:43:21 AM »

To comment further on the fat issue. Ribeye is very popular because it is so flavorful, and the flavor comes from the fat. The Italians taught me that you can go with leaner meats and add flavor and tenderness to the meat with one simple trick: rub olive oil on the meat before cooking it. I've been doing this for years now with leaner cuts of steak, and it's an awesome trick. The meat still gets a great sear, yet is tender and flavorful because of the addition of the healthier fat in olive oil. If you're looking to really enjoy your steak but are trying to cut down on fat, rub on olive oil, season as you would normally, and sear. 

Interesting sounds like something I should give a try.  Thanks for the tip. 

Ah, the good old days.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 12:43:35 PM »

Interesting sounds like something I should give a try.  Thanks for the tip. 

No problem. A waiter in Tuscany told me that, and I had also read about it. A common practice in Tuscany where they love their red meat. Just make sure it's extra virgin if you really want it to sing. Lighter olive oils don't cut it.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Favorite Steaks? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.