Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:29:56 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Oh no... they might invade earth... and get their butts kicked « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Oh no... they might invade earth... and get their butts kicked  (Read 16054 times)
Couchtr26
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2011, 07:54:48 PM »

Cortez bringing small-pox to the new world,

Actually, it was the other way around. Earliest examples of small pox in the Old World is found in Egyptian mummies from 3000 years ago. Small pox was prevalent in Europe well before Chris and the boys sailed west.

Don't follow this point as Cortez was a Spaniard bringing small pox to the New World as stated.  Spaniard infected Aztecs.  Rather then Cortez bringing small pox from the New World, which the comment would have corrected?  Sorry, not trying to be an ass.  Just seems the point is confused. 

Ah, the good old days.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2011, 06:11:17 PM »

Tripods coming out of no-where was just one thing that didn't make sense.

I missed the reason why the tripods were buried under the earth.  Did some alien race come and plant them there, but then decide to invade us later?  Why didn't they just do it then?

I dunno, I have to admit I wasn't paying a whole lot of attention.   TeddyR

I never saw the whole movie, but from reading the reviews I don't think it was ever explained in the movie. My view was that instead of the setting the movie in modern times, it would have been more effective to use the original H.G. Wells timeframe which was pre-WWI. And, of course, having the aliens come from outer space.

Actually, there were three versions of H. G. Wells' "War of the Worlds" in 2005. There was the theatrical version starring Tom Cruise and directed by Stephen Spielberg. Then there were two versions that went straight to video. One starring C. Thomas Howell and directed by David Mitchell List, which was also set in the modern day. But, the second video version starring Anthony Piana and directed by Timothy Hines was set before World War I,, or the same time frame as the book. Of course, each of the films being regarded as being worst than the one before it.
100Nights
Connoisseur of B-Cinema
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2011, 08:42:23 PM »

The Brain From Planet Arous and Godzilla: Final Wars comes to mind.

actually i think the Xillians might have won had they been able to kidnap godzilla when they grabbed the rest of the monsters.
Thankfully he was trapped in the ice, and subsequently kills GINO

100 Nights: We suffer so you don't have to.
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2011, 11:24:33 PM »

Throughout human history war is followed by disease as armies marched through different lands, ate different foods, slept with different prostitutes, and then went home to spread either black plague (middle ages),

While there is some conjecture, its is generally believed that the plague was spread by rats and infected fleas via trading ships that had picked them up in the Middle east and transported them to Europe.

Actually, it was the other way around. Earliest examples of small pox in the Old World is found in Egyptian mummies from 3000 years ago. Small pox was prevalent in Europe well before Chris and the boys sailed west.

or 1913 Spanish Flu (WW1), etc. 

You're probely right about this one. Its believed that the flu actually originated in the US and was transported by American soldiers heading to Europe to fight in WWI.

True enough on some points. What I'm getting at is that war is another form of human interaction and it is one of the relatively few where there are truly massive numbers of people traveling great distances (soldiers, refugees, etc.).  The small pox example is meant to be the other way around the Europeans already had small-pox and spread it to the relatively less exposed native Americans.  As for the plague you have to give at least a little credit to the crusades for bringing Europe and middle east into closer contact. 

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
WildHoosier09
I'm the one who looks like he can use a keyboard
Bad Movie Lover

I've got to find out what causes this and put a st

« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2011, 11:37:56 PM »

I was thinking about this when reading information about the new Harry Potter movies. The story includes dark wizards invading the normal world.  Well, even with their powerful spells, the armies of the world still outnumber them.  And a solder can fire off several rounds while a wizard is casting a spell.

A fight might go something like this
Wizard lifts wand to cast spell. "Abra-cad...
Military figther using a gun *BANG**BANG*BANG*

Military fighter is the deadliest warrior.

Good point.  I saw this one recently (the Harry Potter first half of the final) and I just kept trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with this wizarding world.  They have this ominous ministry of magic but the seem to have no established means of keeping it from being overtaken pretty easily.  They have no real army or semblalance of a police force.  I guess they just figure whenever McUgly shows up some kid with a destiny will be the one to take him out.  From what I can gather from my wife (who has read the books) the govt. of England knows the ministry of magic exists and knows about the wizarding world (at least some about it) so as I'm watching this movie I find myself wondering how many regular civilians would have to die before the British (and probably all of NATO) army would get involved?  The wizards are constantly shown just running around killing people and destroying bridges etc. and everyone just kind of takes it.  Granted the wizards have some nasty tricks and can spew death from a wand (which we also know they can miss as you constantly see them "dodging" the spells) but you don't ever get a sense that there are very many of them so I agree that shear numbers would avail humans.

The only difference between zombies and toddlers is one is cuter than the other.
snowman
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2011, 10:58:22 AM »

Don't follow this point as Cortez was a Spaniard bringing small pox to the New World as stated.  Spaniard infected Aztecs.  Rather then Cortez bringing small pox from the New World, which the comment would have corrected?  Sorry, not trying to be an ass.  Just seems the point is confused. 

You're right. That was a mistake on my part. No offense taken. And it wasn't just small pox that was devastating. Kid diseases like measles also played havoc with native Americans.  
Couchtr26

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2011, 09:47:32 PM »

You're right. That was a mistake on my part. No offense taken. And it wasn't just small pox that was devastating. Kid diseases like measles also played havoc with native Americans.  

Very true, disease interaction has killed many.  Even Europeans had trouble with tropical diseases upon conquest of certain areas.  A fitting tribute perhaps to attempting to rule everything.  Nah, sadly I can't take a too negative slide on it no matter how I feel as the world we live in would not be without European conquest and exploration. 

Ah, the good old days.
BakuryuuTyranno
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2011, 10:25:24 AM »

Tron Legacy contained the most groan-inducing example:

Seems objects from the computer world or whereever wouldn't exist, in the sense of tranferring to our world. Meaning the villains would be devoid of any weaponry or technology. What would they conquer Earth with? Their fists?
barack clinton
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2011, 10:46:59 PM »

If you accept the premise that the digital entities in tron legacy could create a system to turn a human being into a data being in the net and that they could then turn a data entity into a physically functioning human being then it's not hard to believe they could make their advanced energy weapons, power sources, engines, etc. work in the real world.

That was part of the movie premise. Now personally I think the plot in the tron 2.0 FPS computer game, where people in the real world wanted to use the computer world to conquer the real world thru massive computer manipulation was better, but they didn;t use that plot, sadly.

As I said, if they could make their power sources real, I'd be importing them into the real world to solve a lot of problems since they appeared to be clean, efficient, non polluting, etc.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Oh no... they might invade earth... and get their butts kicked « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.