Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:32:32 AM
713392 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dondi (1961) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Dondi (1961)  (Read 16094 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: February 03, 2011, 01:46:33 PM »

This is infamous for containing what some say is the worst performance by a child actor ever. Shock Cinema went further and said he was actually the worst PERSON ever. I don't know if I'd go quite that far, he didn't, say, cannibalize his own offspring like that guy in Africa, but there is something really annoying about him. It's like Andy Milonakis doing a parody of a child actor "You buddy friend Dondi yes?".  I can't really explain it. At one point I mimicked kicking my tv screen. The kid is like 7.

A bunch of "whooops!" tired slapstick prone soldiers are someplace in Euopre and Dondi shows up and they have to hide him from the sergent or whatever. then they go to America. It's low budget, silly, and awful. There is even a song about him toward the end. Definitely a must see.

1.5/ 5
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2011, 04:28:08 PM »

I'm pretty sure I saw this (probably more than once) when I was a little kid.  It probably contributed to me becoming an unbalanced adult.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 02:56:58 AM »

cannibalize his own offspring like that guy in Africa

Buggedout Buggedout

I didn't do that as far as I remember.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 06:27:20 AM »

I'm pretty sure I saw this (probably more than once) when I was a little kid.  It probably contributed to me becoming an unbalanced adult.

Yeah-me too. I had forgotton-like how a person who witnessed a violent act of murder may go into shock and purge his memory-but now I remember....gee,thanks Lester!  Bluesad

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
TheDope
Movie Reviewer And Professional Nit-Picking Geek

Gone but not forgotten... well, KINDA forgotten.

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 06:52:56 AM »

What??  One of the worst movies in the world - and I haven't seen it??? 

Now I HAVE to find Dondi and watch it and review it.  IMMEDIATELY!!

Thanks for the new quest, lester1/2jr!

- TGWD

TheDope: bringing the conversation to a grinding halt since 2002.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 09:59:02 AM »

Yep, that looks like a no-name cast on the poster to be sure. Must be atrocious.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »

It was on TCM somehow. Someone must have fell asleep at the switch.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 11:27:46 AM »

Yep, that looks like a no-name cast on the poster to be sure. Must be atrocious.

I dunno-David Janssen made a name for himself in the FUGITVE and HARRY O tv shows, Patti Page was a quite famous singer back in the day,Walter Winchell was a famous newspaper colomnist and narrator for the UNTOUCHABLES,and Arnold Stang...well...he played opposite Gov.Arnold in the awful HERCULES IN NEW YORK.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 11:38:50 AM »

I dunno-David Janssen made a name for himself in the FUGITVE and HARRY O tv shows, Patti Page was a quite famous singer back in the day,Walter Winchell was a famous newspaper colomnist and narrator for the UNTOUCHABLES,and Arnold Stang...well...he played opposite Gov.Arnold in the awful HERCULES IN NEW YORK.

Patti Page was the only name I recognized. I wasn't saying they weren't recognizable at the time, I was only saying there aren't any A-list actors in that bunch.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 11:58:47 AM »

Patti Page was the only name I recognized. I wasn't saying they weren't recognizable at the time, I was only saying there aren't any A-list actors in that bunch.

I wasn't reproaching you-I'm a geek-so what is well know to me may not be well known to others. Im sure you are familar with stuff that is totally new to me.I hope I didnt offend you.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 12:31:58 PM »

clips

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/373339/Dondi-Movie-Clip-No-Mama-No-Papa.html

http://www.tcm.com/mediaroom/video/373362/Dondi-Movie-Clip-Sarge-Hates-Kids.html
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 01:29:45 PM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 02:26:37 PM »

I wasn't reproaching you-I'm a geek-so what is well know to me may not be well known to others. Im sure you are familar with stuff that is totally new to me.I hope I didnt offend you.

Well, I never....

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2011, 02:28:09 PM »

Aren't we all geeks around here?

Raffine

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2011, 03:58:28 PM »

Where's the love for Arnold Stang?!?

I love his bit in IT'S A MAD, MAD, ETC. where Johnathan Winters destroys his and Marvin Kaplin's new gas station. He was also the voice of Top Cat and the Honey Nut Cherios Bee!

Walter Winchell was big on the radio. He was sort of an earlier version of Rush Limbaugh.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Raffine

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 05:22:56 PM »

I sort of the remember the daily strip as being really ugly-lookin' and it was one I never bothered to read.

The film version of DONDI used to pop up on those 'worse movie' lists in the late 70s (anybody else have those great Irving and Amy Wallace People's Almanac 'Book Of Lists' series?) but I haven't seen it mentioned since then.

How nice lil' Dondi is getting sort of a bad movie rebirth!

The Internet, circa 1979
#1 Best Seller, too!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 05:26:45 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Dondi (1961) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.