Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:59:23 PM
714349 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Lost Films « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Lost Films  (Read 17394 times)
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2011, 10:59:59 PM »

Original footage from TARZAN, cut for decades, was being shown on TCM broadcasts of the restored film... particularly the remarkable nude swim scene where a very young MARGARET O'SULLIVAN is jaw-droppingly apparent swimming full figure... I couldn't believe it had been part of a 1932 film  Thumbup Buggedout

OSSESSIONE (1943) made in Fascist Italy, was despised and perceived as dangerous by Fascists who destroyed all extant prints of the film.  We have the film today because of one copy negative LUCHINO VISCONTI hid under his bed.   Wink

Anybody look at the restored METROPOLIS TCM showed a few months ago...?

There's footage from FRANKENSTEIN that had long been cut and only recently restored for TV broadcast... (the full little girl drowning scene, I think.) 

I just looked at the "restored" LOST HORIZON on TCM which is more than adequate if you love the film in the form we have it... Of course, I remember watching this decades ago, many times, in it's shortened version (or should I write "truncated"?)   Must have been great when it was brandy knew...  TongueOut

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 04:54:14 AM »

The Thing From Another World (1951) is one of my favorite old SciFi movies.  I've only seen it in BxW, but I read somewhere that a color version of it was released on VHS a long time ago in addition to restoring some deleted scenes. Have any of you ever seen the colorized version of it? Or a so called deleted scene of the dead scientists hanging from the rafters in the greenhouse?

This is new to me! Im intrigued! I must research!!!  Thumbup

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 05:12:59 AM »

Original footage from TARZAN, cut for decades, was being shown on TCM broadcasts of the restored film... particularly the remarkable nude swim scene where a very young MARGARET O'SULLIVAN is jaw-droppingly apparent swimming full figure... I couldn't believe it had been part of a 1932 film  Thumbup Buggedout

OSSESSIONE (1943) made in Fascist Italy, was despised and perceived as dangerous by Fascists who destroyed all extant prints of the film.  We have the film today because of one copy negative LUCHINO VISCONTI hid under his bed.   Wink

There's footage from FRANKENSTEIN that had long been cut and only recently restored for TV broadcast... (the full little girl drowning scene, I think.) 

I just looked at the "restored" LOST HORIZON on TCM which is more than adequate if you love the film in the form we have it... Of course, I remember watching this decades ago, many times, in it's shortened version (or should I write "truncated"?)   Must have been great when it was brandy knew...  TongueOut

I have 2 vhs tapes of the restored FRANKENSTIEN-both have the drowning of Little Maria-but-oddly one of them deletes the line-"Now I know how it feels to be God." spoken  by Colin Clive when Boris is twitching his finger. Odd-the Moron (oops-meant Moral) Majority thinks that is more offensive than a child drowning. Whatta want from a religion that demands blood sacrifice?

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 01:29:07 PM »

I have 2 vhs tapes of the restored FRANKENSTIEN-both have the drowning of Little Maria-but-oddly one of them deletes the line-"Now I know how it feels to be God." spoken  by Colin Clive when Boris is twitching his finger. Odd-the Moron (oops-meant Moral) Majority thinks that is more offensive than a child drowning. Whatta want from a religion that demands blood sacrifice?

Well don't worry about the Moral Majority, because the God Haters on the other side of the Aisle took the phrase "One Nation Under God" out of one of the old TV airings of the Porky Pig episode where he sits on Uncle Sam's lap as he tells Porky the history of America...not that it isn't one nation Under God, mind you.  Cheers

Other things of this nature included Mario Bava's Mask Of Satan being changed to Black Sunday over the "S" word, and one of the stories altered in Black Sabbath to make the two women friends instead of lovers.   

It's just how they did it back then, I guess.  Yet for all that, there was a lot of politically incorrect stuff on the old Little Rascals film shorts when they hit the air in the old days of TV, and some of the reruns I grew up with afterschool.

Anyway, as far as Little Maria drowning in Frankenstein, I seem to remember Sara Karloff telling me at one convention, that Boris was also upset about the scene. He was concerned that the humanity of The Monster they strived for so hard, would be ruined if the scene was intact.

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 02:44:34 PM »

Madonna remake of "Swept Away"  (hopefully)
peter johnson

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2011, 12:29:01 AM »

Allhallowds -
No, I don't look at the "restored" versions of Metropolis, ever - as I think that more footage will always be forthcoming, as folk research thier basements, etc.

My mother, from the South of England, Hamble Village near SouthHampton, always would ask me questions about the Frankenstien scene:  "Oh, he threw her in the water, because he thought she was so lovely that she should float like the flowers, no?"

She saw the original uncut, with the invocation to God and the drowning, numerous times.  Surely this must exist in entirety somewhere?

peter johnson/denny I'm sairtainly a fillum skaollar somwhears crane

I have no idea what this means.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 05:47:58 AM »

Allhallowds -
No, I don't look at the "restored" versions of Metropolis, ever - as I think that more footage will always be forthcoming, as folk research thier basements, etc.

My mother, from the South of England, Hamble Village near SouthHampton, always would ask me questions about the Frankenstien scene:  "Oh, he threw her in the water, because he thought she was so lovely that she should float like the flowers, no?"

She saw the original uncut, with the invocation to God and the drowning, numerous times.  Surely this must exist in entirety somewhere?

peter johnson/denny I'm sairtainly a fillum skaollar somwhears crane

They drowning scene has been restored to most prints now....but for many years it was thought lost.

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
claws
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 05:57:20 AM »

Great White (1981)

Will this ever be officially released in the U.S.? Probably not  Bluesad
pennywise37

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2015, 10:31:36 PM »

what i'd love to see is the films that were shot and deemed bad. back in the early days of MGM  my memory is not to good today on Louis B Mayer's parter who died in (1937) where they would shoot a film and screen it and if it was bad and they'd reshoot it sometimes, or it was screened and the boy wonder at MGM

could tell what was wrong with the picture and sometimes they only cut scenes out and other times they'd shoot a new picture. one film i can think of that was reshot was (1937)'s  The Good Earth a film i have never seen to be honest, but that was a film that was reshot and i believed it bombed at the time. one wonders what happend to those prints? kinda like i'd love to see the original version of Smokey & The bandit part 3 with jacklie gleason donig both parts. now don't get me wrong the film may be crap and confusing but and the teaser of it is on you tube. but i'd love to see the original version and i wish it would be released on blu-ray along with the theatrical version of the film. either film my not be a 10 but it'd be fun to see that version i think.

a film that was found some years back though was (1926) with Joan Crawford a film that premired on TCM a few years back. i don't remember what i thought of it though. more films do get found such as that 1st half of that Laurel & Hardy film that only the 2nd half was found. so films do still get found but not enough of them sadly.
Gene Worm
A Guru of Rubber Monsters, and a
Bad Movie Lover

Rubber Monsters > CGI Monsters

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2015, 11:01:41 PM »

TUKO SA MADRE KAKAW: Lost Indian (I think?) monster movie featuring a man-lizard monster. Few people have seen it, and nobody who has seen it (that I can find) has made any reviews or simple descriptions of it. So there really isn't much to go on.

REPTOID MAN: Still can't figure out if this supposed lost film is actually real or not. Saw it on a strange monster movie magazine, a long while back. According to the article, only one copy of the film was stealthily taken from it's origin country, North Korea. Where it is now I haven't a clue. From what I have seen, it features a Titanosaurus-like monster (however it is only up to an anthropomorphic height).

SPACE MONSTER WANGMAGWI: The actual first South Korean monster film (beating Yongary by a few months). Technically, it isn't lost anymore (it was until somewhere this century), because a copy of the film is actually able to be seen at a South Korean film festival. Despite of the film's rediscovery, it is still going under a long recovery. The basic plot is that tin foil aliens summon the monster (the titular Wangmagwi) to attack Seoul. I don't know how they got rid of Wangmagwi and the aliens, however....

GOGOLA: A Bollywood monster movie! Sadly it's completely lost. In fact, it is so lost that I haven't obtained any info about it, besides that there is a silly Godzilla-like dinosaur monster (seen on the poster).

THE JUPITEREAN: It's arguable to say that it's "lost". Because ultra rare copies do exist, and it was simply an experimental film from Ray Harryhausen himself. The film featured the Varan-like monster fighting against dinosaurs (in a King Kong like style).

BALAOO THE DEMON BABOON: The title sounds amazing! It's a shame that it's lost! Well, kinda. Copies of different parts of this extremely old (1917 old) film are scattered around some country (I think it was Canada?). I believe the film is French, but I'm not sure. Basically, an ape is turned partially human and gets enslaved by a poacher who caught him.

I'm sure I could think of more, but I've been tired all day. Must be seasonal. Anyways, I'll post more once I think of more.

"Listen, you've got to get down below. There's something coming through, and it's the nastiest looking thing yet! Some of your buddies went down there a while ago, and I haven't seen them since."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2015, 06:19:31 AM »

Boy-heres an older thread!
Not sure if this counts as "lost" because I can't find hide or hair info about the films-FIEND FOR FLESH or ROAD REBELS anywhere-nor the stars "Sexi Toni Taylor and Handsome Alan Davis" anywhere-their is a Toni Taylor in a very minor bit in the LEGEND OF BLOOD MOUNTAIN (1965)-but thats it!

EDIT-I think it may indeed be the LEGEND OF BLOOD MOUNTAIN (1965) and SWAMP COUNTRY (1966)-both which feature George Ellis-aka horror host Bestoink Dooley.

I found this ad for sale on ebay-

I'm sure they're retitles-but for what?

Their even seems to be a radio ad-is this a hoax?

! No longer available Small | Large

RE-EDIT!-ROAD RACERS (1964) does exist-but beyond this poster-no mo info on this dam thing either! NONE of the names on the poster are in IMDB-or anywhere else on the net!-nor is the film itself-I found this poster for sale on the net-

HELP!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:42:03 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2015, 10:43:39 AM »

The Cramps have a song about this as some of you may know. I've always wanted to see it because of the name plus it looks awesome. there are no copies around from what I understand, though I remember hearing about someone having a few reels
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2015, 02:13:37 PM »

RE-EDIT!-ROAD RACERS (1964) does exist-but beyond this poster-no mo info on this dam thing either! NONE of the names on the poster are in IMDB-or anywhere else on the net!-nor is the film itself-I found this poster for sale on the net-

HELP!

found the trailer on youtube.. guess you might have as well but just in case...

! No longer available Small | Large

(this is the film you mean right? just noticed you put Road Racers, not Rebels)

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2015, 01:06:15 AM »

HELP!

found the trailer on youtube.. guess you might have as well but just in case...

! No longer available

(this is the film you mean right? just noticed you put Road Racers, not Rebels)

Dammit! Thats IT!!!- Cheers Drink hot Drink Cheers Thumbup hot
I have NOT seen it! THANX!!!!

But what is FIEND FOR FLESH?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 01:09:31 AM by RCMerchant » Logged

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2015, 11:26:45 AM »

Did anyone ever link this site: https://www.lost-films.eu/? It claims to list 3500 lost films. I just came across it when researching the 1974 "Othello" rock opera CATCH MY SOUL (which was just recently scratched off the "lost" list).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Lost Films « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.