Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 06:09:06 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm trying not to be heartbroken..... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: I'm trying not to be heartbroken.....  (Read 13833 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 07:26:50 AM »

Hang in there Killer Bees - I'm way on the other side of the world, but here's a great big virtual hug for you   Smile  Maybe he just needs some time to get things straightened out in his head.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Cthulhu
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 07:32:14 AM »

I can't even imagine what you feel right now...that's a coplicated situation.
Maybe he just really needs some time alone. That's a lot of stuff he has to handle.
But no matter what happens, you'll be allright. Remember: Things may be bad right now, but it will get better.
I wish you the best of luck!
Cthulhu

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 07:44:36 AM »

Thank you Macabre and RC.  I've been cyring on and off all day, especially at the wonderful outpouring of support and sympathy you have all shown me.

Macabre, that's a wonderful story.  I'd never experienced Aspergers before and although I couldn't initially tell his kids had it, once I got to know them I could see little things.  But they are great kids and I love them dearly.  I must admit, I was a little wary about a future with Sean, especially the living together thing.  We talked about it and I did wonder how I would cope if I moved in.  But I believed that love would find a way.  Maybe I didn't hide my uncertainty as well as I should have but I'd never dated a man with kids before, let alone 2 out of 3 who had special needs.

He was always wonderful about it and understood my hesitation.  He did say it was a big ask for me.  But it's early days still and I believed that as time went on,  I would eventually be exposed to one of the boys' meltdowns and I would finally understand what he goes through every day.  I actually wanted to see a meltdown because I was getting worried that I truly wouldn't be able to cope with it.  But the opportunity never came and then he left.

It's the not knowing that gets to me.  I just hope that he doesn't do the "noble" thing by staying away.  I just that hope that he misses me so much that he has to come back.
Two things: You shouldn't hide your uncertainity. If he sees it, you two can figure out something. If he doesn't you're on your own, unable to tell him what you feel.
The second thing is: If you don't hear about him for a while, you should contact him. Don't wait for him to do it. He may think that you don't want to see him again.
Of course, wait until the situation might be resolved.
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2011, 09:27:16 AM »

Best of luck to you KB. Love can certainly tie one's heart up in strings and hurt like Hell when things don't go right. Not sure where your partner's head is at but obviously he's got a lot on his plate. Hope things turn around for you. Take care!

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 09:44:43 AM »

If you don't hear about him for a while, you should contact him. Don't wait for him to do it. He may think that you don't want to see him again.

I second this advice.  In cases of the heart it is better to find out than to assume.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 10:27:58 AM »

If you don't hear about him for a while, you should contact him. Don't wait for him to do it. He may think that you don't want to see him again.

I second this advice.  In cases of the heart it is better to find out than to assume.

Hmmm...

Maybe I should follow this advice too.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 12:51:15 PM »

Oh, KB...I can't even imagine what you must be feeling right now. I've never been in a situation like that, but nonetheless, my heart goes out to you. I really hope that things work out for you one way or another.
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 05:22:53 PM »

Hang in there Killer Bees - I'm way on the other side of the world, but here's a great big virtual hug for you   Smile  Maybe he just needs some time to get things straightened out in his head.

Thanks Jack.  I appreciate it.   Smile  I'm hoping that you're right. 

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
What once was mine.......
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 05:25:41 PM »

I can't even imagine what you feel right now...that's a coplicated situation.
Maybe he just really needs some time alone. That's a lot of stuff he has to handle.
But no matter what happens, you'll be allright. Remember: Things may be bad right now, but it will get better.
I wish you the best of luck!
Thanks, Cthulhu.  I'm trying to go the positive thinking route right now.  I'm hoping it will work!

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 05:27:29 PM »

Best of luck to you KB. Love can certainly tie one's heart up in strings and hurt like Hell when things don't go right. Not sure where your partner's head is at but obviously he's got a lot on his plate. Hope things turn around for you. Take care!

Thanks, Jase  *hugs* fo you   Smile

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2011, 05:30:36 PM »

I agree too.  I'm not going to sit and wait for him to contact me.  I texted him yesterday telling him I loved him and I was here when he needed me and not to give up on us.  I didn't hear anything back but I didn't expect to.  I'm back at work tomorrow, so I'll see if he emails me then.  If not, I will email or text every day until he gets back to me.  We did that for each other anyway, so emailing every day is not an unusual thing.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Killer Bees

Never give up on love

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2011, 05:32:26 PM »

Oh, KB...I can't even imagine what you must be feeling right now. I've never been in a situation like that, but nonetheless, my heart goes out to you. I really hope that things work out for you one way or another.

Thanks Gavekeeper.  The situation is out of my hands now.  The only thing I can do is hope.

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Couchtr26

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 07:16:24 PM »

I'm sorry to hear and wish you the best.  I know it is little solace.  However, take care and hope for the best. 

Ah, the good old days.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 11:02:08 PM »

Warm hugs and best wishes, KB.  I pray everything will take a turn for the better.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Paquita

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2011, 10:47:00 PM »

So sorry to hear that!  I know I’m coming in a little late, but I hope things get better for you!  I think you did the right thing and there’s a lot of good advice here!  I don’t know if you thought of it, but the way it sounds to me, it seems like maybe you’re a little too good to be true for him.   I know you had previously mentioned that when you met him initially, there were no long term intentions, but you guys kind of squashed that as the relationship grew.  Maybe the situation with his ex makes it impossible (or seemingly impossible) for him to have a long-term relationship with someone else.   I hope that doesn’t make you feel worse!  I still have hope for you!  You seem like a great catch and no matter what he does, he can’t make you stop caring.  I do think he should at least give you an explanation.

You’ve got friends here!  We all like you!  And these guys are always good for a laugh when you need it!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  I'm trying not to be heartbroken..... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.