Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:34:52 AM
713337 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Old wives tales & silly believes « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Old wives tales & silly believes  (Read 20217 times)
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2011, 12:35:37 PM »

- Watching horror movies and playing violent video games will turn you into a psychopathic maniac.

BounceGiggle

...in that case, I've been "under the influence" for the last 27yrs and am about to crack!  Twirling

Yeah, you and about 20 million other players who were wrongly labelled by the liberal media every day since the video game system was born.

What a myth, huh?  BounceGiggle

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Used Meathook
Templar Knight in Training
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2011, 02:16:20 PM »

- Watching horror movies and playing violent video games will turn you into a psychopathic maniac.

BounceGiggle

...in that case, I've been "under the influence" for the last 27yrs and am about to crack!  Twirling

Yeah, you and about 20 million other players who were wrongly labelled by the liberal media every day since the video game system was born.

What a myth, huh?  BounceGiggle

What's funny is when the whole "videogame violence" thing first popped up around the late 90's or so. My parents saw me playing Marvel vs Capcom and freaked out. They said (since it's a fighting game) all it is is violence and it's bad for me, then they took the game away. I tried to plead my case (it's rated E for Everyone, it's comic book characters like Spiderman fighting other characters, there's no blood), but they insisted that since there's no plot, it just fuels violence and "studies prove" that I'll become a freak.

Ironically, they took away Marvel vs Capcom, but had absolutely no problem with my horror movie collection. Lol. I couldn't play a superhero videogame, but I was allowed to watch nude teens get hacked up by Jason...that was perfectly ok in their book because I wasn't "creating the violence like videogames let you do".

BounceGiggle
Raffine

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2011, 02:36:42 PM »

BounceGiggle

The phrase I grew up hearing was "That book/movie/tv show/comic book/magazine/friend will WARP YOUR MIND!"

I am proud to say my mind was and remains delightfully warped.  Twirling

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2011, 04:42:03 PM »

I know nothing about old wives' tales. I'm a leg man myself.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2011, 09:42:27 PM »

step on a crack, breaks your mama's back- you won't believe how false that is down here!

yeah no.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2011, 12:54:56 AM »

You know, they have the technology to release hoverboards, but the government won't let them on the market because they are too dangerous.

Also, there are cars that can run on water, but the oil conglomerates have been suppressing them for years.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
vukxfiles
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2011, 04:57:38 AM »

Everyone whi smokes weed will eventually get addicted to worse drugs (finishing off their life with heroin).
Jim H

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2011, 02:56:11 PM »

I think sex ones are some of the funniest, stupidest, and most dangerous all rolled into one.

One that just won't go away no matter how well-educated people get (apparently): a woman can't get pregnant her first time.  Why?  Magic, apparently.

Hmmm...  I've known of body builders who resist sex/masturbation as they believe the loss of semen is a huge loss of protein. 
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2011, 03:08:07 PM »

I think sex ones are some of the funniest, stupidest, and most dangerous all rolled into one.

One that just won't go away no matter how well-educated people get (apparently): a woman can't get pregnant her first time.  Why?  Magic, apparently.

Hmmm...  I've known of body builders who resist sex/masturbation as they believe the loss of semen is a huge loss of protein. 

I heard of a belief, supposedly popular in some third world countries, that douching with Coca Cola after sex would prevent pregnancy.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2011, 03:58:06 PM »

Well, that could be one aspect of 'roid rage.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Jim H

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2011, 04:13:02 PM »

I heard of a belief, supposedly popular in some third world countries, that douching with Coca Cola after sex would prevent pregnancy.

What a refreshing idea. 
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2011, 04:31:55 PM »

And the ones who go the other way, because they think it stimulates testosterone production.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Paquita

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2011, 05:02:35 PM »

My friend's stepdad told her that before "doin' it" with a guy, she should put earwax on his ding-dong, and if it burned or fizzled, then she shouldn't "do it" with him.

I don't know if that's true, but it sounds like a great way to scare guys away!
The Gravekeeper
addicted to the macabre
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2011, 06:37:42 PM »

My friend's stepdad told her that before "doin' it" with a guy, she should put earwax on his ding-dong, and if it burned or fizzled, then she shouldn't "do it" with him.

So, what, was that supposed to test if he was Satan or something? Mind you, if a guy's body temperature is high enough to burn wax, sleeping with him might not be a great idea (unless you like internal 2nd degree burns.)
Paquita

« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2011, 06:59:27 PM »

So, what, was that supposed to test if he was Satan or something? Mind you, if a guy's body temperature is high enough to burn wax, sleeping with him might not be a great idea (unless you like internal 2nd degree burns.)

We assumed it meant that he was dirty.. sort of like how peroxide fizzes on stuff.  I'm sure he was just really hoping she'd try it!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Old wives tales & silly believes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.