Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:02:19 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  In Praise of... « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: In Praise of...  (Read 23652 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2011, 04:09:17 PM »

...NUDITY!  Wink

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2011, 04:28:36 PM »

...NUDITY!  Wink

As long as it's not mine. That's not something to praise. I promise.

I praise potato chips and Dr Pepper. Oh, and bacon. They may shorten your life, but they bring much pleasure to your remaining years.  Drink

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Paquita

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2011, 06:52:32 PM »

The Security Manager in the office building next to mine for letting me wait inside for my ride since my building has decided I have to leave by 6pm during construction  Bluesad.
retrorussell
In the town of Valentine Bluffs, there are many ways to die. Take your pick.

Hanniger! I'll be waiting in HELL for you!

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2011, 07:08:31 PM »

Andy Capp's Cheddar Fries.  Dear God they're addicting!

"O the legend they say, on a Valentine's Day, is a curse that'll live on and on.."
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2011, 08:13:07 PM »

Badmovie lovers.  It is interesting how our mutual interest in bad movies has brought us all here to talk about... everything

Particularly, Ron, Becky, Lewis, Trevor, Tracey, Robert, Tony, Chris, Blake, Mark and of course, Andrew

And that's Newt, Darksider, Menard, BELA, Circus, Indiana, Doggett, 3mnkids, Raffine, in scrambled order, the rest you know.  TeddyR

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Killer Bees
Newly Appointed Government Employee and

Never give up on love

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2011, 04:28:16 AM »

BOOBS!! And the men who truly love them.   Cheers

I'm a buxom gal and every time a man looks at my boobs I praise the heavens for making me a girl.  To be admired by a man when he (a) doesn't realise he's admiring you and (b) doesn't realise you've noticed he's admiring you, is truly the bestest feeling in the whole wide world.

Thanks boob guys of the world you are awesome   Thumbup  Thumbup  Thumbup
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 04:42:37 AM by Killer Bees » Logged

Flower, gleam and glow
Let your power shine
Make the clock reverse
Bring back what once was mine
Heal what has been hurt
Change the fates' design
Save what has been lost
Bring back what once was mine
What once was mine.......
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2011, 04:36:19 AM »

Women: all of them, especially my mom and the special members of this family here who are pertaining, relevant and a proper part of to and at the specific gender characterization that is the fairer definition of the gender specific term known as humankind.  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Derf
Crazy Rabbity Thingy
Proofreader

Lagomorphs: menace or underutilized resource?

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 09:03:57 AM »

Women: all of them, especially my mom and the special members of this family here who are pertaining, relevant and a proper part of to and at the specific gender characterization that is the fairer definition of the gender specific term known as humankind.  TeddyR

Sounds like someone just went through sexual harassment avoidance training.  Twirling TongueOut BounceGiggle TongueOut Twirling

"They tap dance not, neither do they fart." --Greensleeves, on the Fig Men of the Imagination, in "Twice Upon a Time."
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 09:16:27 AM »

Sounds like someone just went through sexual harassment avoidance training.  Twirling TongueOut BounceGiggle TongueOut Twirling

TeddyR TeddyR

No, the playing fields have not been levelled on that issue as yet in the convolutions about the ramfications of equality between the differing genders and the state of their underwear but at the end of the day we should see some light at the end of the tunnel.*

* And just hope to hell that it isn't an approaching train.  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2011, 09:33:32 AM »

I'm a buxom gal and every time a man looks at my boobs I praise the heavens for making me a girl.  To be admired by a man when he (a) doesn't realise he's admiring you and (b) doesn't realise you've noticed he's admiring you, is truly the bestest feeling in the whole wide world.

You're welcome. My wife's got quite the rack herself, and she appreciates my appreciation. GO BOOBS!

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Paquita

« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2011, 12:11:09 AM »

I second that!  I love butts too!  Unfortunately, it's hard to tell when someone is admiring your butt.  Women shouldn't be so freaky about people looking at their boobs!  I just don't like it when other women look at my boobs and sneer... which I see more often than men admiring  Bluesad.  Whenever I see nice boobs, I smile.
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2011, 08:08:15 AM »

No problem...do you have a picture we all can "admire" by the way?   BounceGiggle Wink

I second that!  I love butts too!  Unfortunately, it's hard to tell when someone is admiring your butt.  

Don't worry, we're admiring it!  I love boobs but have to say I'm more of an @ss man.  

Lets all hear it for T&A!!!  Hip-hip...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 08:11:00 AM by The DarkSider » Logged

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Umaril The Unfeathered

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2011, 12:17:50 PM »

Oh, some of us guys know what we're looking at, my dear, hehehe. 

And,  thanks to the many women out there with natural assets, that decide to be themselves and keep their figures no matter what society or the fashion world dictates.

Let Hollywood keep their 98-pound soaking-wet models...

And thanks to you girls all over the world for sharing!  Cheers

That's why they call them "boobs", my dear, because that's what we men make out of ourselves whenever we see em',  and I for one make no apologies for where my eyes should wander.   Cheers!  Smile

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2011, 01:10:27 AM »

Johann Sebastian Bach.  The man has always fascinated me.  The incredible volume of music he wrote, and the amount of genius level stuff he's got going on in those pieces, while still keeping it very interesting and emotional.  He grew up in a family of musicians, and worked at various churches throughout his life, creating the music to be used in the services.  He wrote it all using a quill pen, and even drawing the lines on the paper himself.  Working by the light of a few candles or a lantern, with a little wood stove for warmth.  He was married twice (first wife died if I remember correctly), had a whole pile of kids, taught school full time, getting up a 5 in the morning for church services, teaching all day, then returning to his wife and kids, and somehow finding the time to write all this stuff in the evening.  He was also quite religious and probably memorized more of the Bible than your average bishop knows.  He was an absolute master not only of playing the organ, but also of how they were constructed.  At that time, a pipe organ was the most complex piece of machinery that existed in the world.  He would travel to various places to perform a very thorough inspection of any new organ that had been built, making sure everything worked properly and giving a concert on it when he was done.  And as he traveled to these various places, he found time to rack up quite a bill at the local taverns   TeddyR

Quite the guy.  Not only a genius, but incredibly hard working as well, and apparently still able to find time for some enjoyment.

I'm not a guy who knows music, other than being some dude who knows what he likes.

Reading the book Godel, Escher, Bach made me wish I knew more about it. The games that man could play with music, and still making it sound amazing is simply incredible. The musical themes repeating themselves, the same theme played backwards over the top of the first melody, just the best of complexity I wish I knew more about. Don't get me started on how much I like listening to fugues.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2011, 01:29:01 AM »

In praise of: Artistic Failure.

If you're posting on this message board, you know how fun artistic failure can be.

I love it when people who have the heart to express themselves creatively don't have the ability to make it any good. It takes a lot to put yourself out there for the world to see, and I get special enjoyment out of seeing their failure played out.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to be mean-spirited. I admire anybody who actually attempts to create art (music, movies, anything). But there's a lot of stuff out there that just fails. Fails catastrophically.

We live in an age of mediocrity. Mediocre talents aiming for nothing more than a mediocre romantic comedy. Thank God there are those people out there who shoot for the stars. The bungling missteps of theirs are fascinating and hilarious. That special sort of fumbling is what I seek out in bad movies more than anything else.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  In Praise of... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.