Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:05:46 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Exam (2009) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Exam (2009)  (Read 1488 times)
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« on: February 09, 2011, 11:00:07 AM »

Small | Large

This is a mindf**k like Inception but it's half as long and easier to follow. I guess it's more like a really good Twilight Zone episode. Maybe I don't know exactly what it's like but it's very good.

A bunch of Type A type business people are put in a room and told to take an exam except this is no ordinary exam. The person giving in to them gives them stange cryptic instructions and the page itself is blank. So they think the whole thing is like a "think outside the box" excercise to show how brilliant they are. Unfortunately, it's alot more than that and things quickly escalate into something out of Survivor or Battle Royale (and even a tiny bit of Breakfast Club). The exam room is a purgatory like realm.

I don't doubt there are plot holes and suspensions of disbelief required but I didn't notice. I watch alot of stuff from the 70's, so this was pretty air tight compared to, say,  Fantasy Island or even something recent like Flightplan. It takes place some ways in the future so that helps them to be able to alter reality a little.

The acting and the direction and stuff are all good. The blonde was very pretty, the brunette with the deep voice aaaah not liking her as much. The nicknames they give each other, often based on hair or skin color, give it some kind of social and political symbolism occasionally. If this movie could talk it would likely say "You can't really f**k with me."

5/5
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 11:48:18 AM by lester1/2jr » Logged
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 02:29:49 PM »

Okay, just finshed whatching this based on your recommendation.

I'd give it a 4/5

I felt a little cheesed off and cheated at the ending.
But it was a fun ride getting there even if it did fall into the usual people-losing-it-in-a-confined-space kinda flick.

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Exam (2009) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.