Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:15:40 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Interesting Movies in Development « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Interesting Movies in Development  (Read 3869 times)
Flick James
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« on: February 09, 2011, 02:40:46 PM »

I've been noticing some interesting films in the works, some of which are in pre-production, that have me interested. Here are some I've been seeing on IMDB:

The Hobbit: Peter Jackson is doing the prequel to The Lord of the Rings in two parts, the first one expected to be released in 2012. Guillermo Del Toro was originally set to direct, but sadly left the project, presumably because it was taking too long to come together. Ian McKellan and Andy Serkis will reprise their roles as Gandalf and Gollum. Apparently they're expanding it a bit it tie in to the LOTR more, since the original work was written before LOTR was even conceived by Tolkein.

Atlas Shrugged: I've been an admirer of Ayn Rand for many years, but it absolutely blows my mind that somebody is attempting to adapt this. It's like trying to adapt War and Peace. I didn't even know it was going on and apparently it's in post production and set for release in two parts, the first on as early as April of this year. No A-listers in the cast at all. This was Ayn Rand's opus novel with very heavy intellectual and ideological themes that I doubt can translate well to the screen. We'll see. I'm wondering how wide a release it will be.

The Dark Tower: Ron Howard is working on trying to adapt this. Unbelievable. What an undertaking. Javier Bardem and Christian Bale are rumored as potential cast members. What's unclear is how they're going to break it up. There are seven books in the series. Do they do seven movies? Interesting.

Lone Survivor: No much on IMDB about it, but there is on the movie website. The non-fiction book Lone Survivor by ex-Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell is being made into a movie. I heard this man speak and it was pretty interesting. I'm not a big supporter of middle-east operations, but this man's story is quite compelling. He was the only survivor of a SEAL operation in Afghanistan that went horribly wrong. The man escaped pursuit to the point of being kept alive and cared for by the members of a small Afghani village who protected him. Interesting guy. One of the most compelling things he said when I saw him speak was that there is no black and white when you're in combat. Everything turns gray real quick.

Anyway, some interesting movies in various stages of development.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Mr. DS
Master Of Cinematic Bowel Movements
B-Movie Kraken

Get this thread cleaned up or YOU'RE FIRED!!!

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 06:42:46 PM »

The Dark Tower: Ron Howard is working on trying to adapt this. Unbelievable. What an undertaking. Javier Bardem and Christian Bale are rumored as potential cast members. What's unclear is how they're going to break it up. There are seven books in the series. Do they do seven movies? Interesting.
I am not sure how this series will translate to film.  I mean it gets sort of, well, silly in parts.  Also I'll add in the word "confusing".  I never actually finished it because of those reason but I got to at least book 4 or 5.

DarkSider's Realm
http://darksidersrealm.blogspot.com/

"You think the honey badger cares?  It doesn't give a sh*t."  Randall
Doggett
Bustin' makes me feel good !

I've seen things you people couldn't imagine...

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 11:15:08 PM »

The only film in development right now that I really care about is DREDD.

I haven't been this excited for a film since Batman Begins.  Thumbup

If God exists, why did he make me an atheist? Thats His first mistake.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 06:54:08 AM »

I believe this is being made in Cape Town at present.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Doggett

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 09:47:14 AM »

I believe this is being made in Cape Town at present.

Yep

TeddyR

Cape Town is being 'Mega City One' and I have no doubt that the awesome SA production will lead to a great looking film !

Hammock Rider

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 03:16:33 PM »

World War Z

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
voltron

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 12:03:33 PM »

I cannot wait for Father's Day to come out! Looks absolutely FILTHY!  Smile
Small | Large

"Nothin' out there but God's little creatures - more scared of you than you are of them"  - Warren, "Just Before Dawn"
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 01:20:34 PM »

The Strangers 2, of course! I hear it's set to take place in a trailer park and have a good number of scenes that recreate the original's creep-factor without ripping off entire elements as several sequels tend to do. Of course, some have said the "trailer park" script was just a hoax, which worries me that it'll turn into some revenge-fantasy crap like everyone wanted the first to turn into :P.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 02:18:57 AM »

Atlas Shrugged: I've been an admirer of Ayn Rand for many years, but it absolutely blows my mind that somebody is attempting to adapt this. It's like trying to adapt War and Peace. I didn't even know it was going on and apparently it's in post production and set for release in two parts, the first on as early as April of this year. No A-listers in the cast at all. This was Ayn Rand's opus novel with very heavy intellectual and ideological themes that I doubt can translate well to the screen. We'll see. I'm wondering how wide a release it will be.

I'm curious what mainstream audiences will think of John Galt, who is portrayed as basically a superhero and knowingly contributes to a gigantic global famine that would kill millions and millions of innocent people.  I really doubt the films (supposed to be a trilogy) will get a wide mainstream release though.  It'd be interesting to get exit poll opinions from a large audience though.

Also, I hear the Dark Tower will be a combination of films and HBO limited series.  Like, a movie, a number of TV episodes, then another movie, etc.  Fascinating and unique way of doing it, really.
Barack Clinton
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 04:13:09 AM »

I still can't believe they're making another dredd movie without judge death as the villain. ITFP, it's like making a batman movie without the joker, since judge death is dredd's most recognizable enemy, secondly, dredd is such an AHOLE that it takes someone like judge death to make him someone you'd have to cheer for.

Also, can you imagine how cool the tagline for a dredd movie with judge death would be?

The crime isssss life. The sentencccce issss...Death!
Doggett

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 06:07:50 PM »

I still can't believe they're making another dredd movie without judge death as the villain. ITFP, it's like making a batman movie without the joker, since judge death is dredd's most recognizable enemy, secondly, dredd is such an AHOLE that it takes someone like judge death to make him someone you'd have to cheer for.

Also, can you imagine how cool the tagline for a dredd movie with judge death would be?

Okay, Dredd has never beaten Death.
Anderson has.

In this film they introduce Anderson and her first day on the streets with Dredd which I think sounds pretty cool.  Thumbup

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 01:31:19 PM »

I'm curious what mainstream audiences will think of John Galt, who is portrayed as basically a superhero and knowingly contributes to a gigantic global famine that would kill millions and millions of innocent people.  I really doubt the films (supposed to be a trilogy) will get a wide mainstream release though.  It'd be interesting to get exit poll opinions from a large audience though.

Also, I hear the Dark Tower will be a combination of films and HBO limited series.  Like, a movie, a number of TV episodes, then another movie, etc.  Fascinating and unique way of doing it, really.

I have my doubts. I saw the trailer and they've definately set it in a more modern setting. I think it's supposed to be a very near future dystopian kind of setting. I wondered how it would work time-wise, because it has to do so much with trains. I think the justification given is that fuel prices have skyrocketed to such a high that there is renewed interest in train travel. I don't know. One critic who saw a ten-minute peek in New York said he liked what he saw.

And you have a point about John Galt. I have no idea how his character will be perceived by general audiences.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Barack Clinton
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 05:17:26 AM »

Anderson has.

Wrong.

In "Die laughing", the last batman/judge dredd crossover, dredd fights death alone and wins after anderson is wounded and escapes to gotham.

Doggett

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 10:34:49 AM »

Anderson has.

Wrong.

In "Die laughing", the last batman/judge dredd crossover, dredd fights death alone and wins after anderson is wounded and escapes to gotham.

Oh, I'm sorry.
Yeah, the one cross over comic Dredd beats Death.
It hardly makes him his arch-enemy.

Anderson still seems to do it every other week. I agree that Death is the iconic villan, but it still tends to be Anderson's show when it comes to that guy.

Use the Angel Gang, Stan Lee or even the Judge Child for Dredd. I would love to see Judge Cal but that wouldn't happen.

gloomhound
New Visitor

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2011, 02:10:55 PM »

Not sure of you guys have heard about this but...

I'm kinda buzzed about "The Whisperer in Darkness" that HPLHS is putting out this spring I believe.

Here is the link to the production blog: www (dot) cthulhulives.org/Whisperer/twid-blog.html

You can view a trailer or three of the movie at that blog.

These are the same folks that brought you "The Call of Cthulhu" movie but unlike that movie Whisperer is a "talkie."

If you are a Lovecraft fan this will be a must see. :)

Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Good Movies  |  Interesting Movies in Development « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.