Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:41:15 AM
713331 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 631319 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1155 on: March 04, 2017, 11:09:45 AM »

According to The Denver Sun, 12% of cardiac patients between the ages of 35 and 45 admitted to the emergency room at one area hospital had been using marijuana in the last six hours before the event.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
javakoala
Hermit of Horror
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #1156 on: March 04, 2017, 12:42:26 PM »

According to The Denver Sun, 12% of cardiac patients between the ages of 35 and 45 admitted to the emergency room at one area hospital had been using marijuana in the last six hours before the event.

I tend to think this shows how widespread the use of marijuana is rather than indicate that the drug caused the cardiac event.

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1157 on: March 04, 2017, 02:10:28 PM »

Films from the House of Mouse for 2017

03/17 Beauty and the Beast
1st. Modern film, but old fashioned.
2nd. The more you look at it. The more the human roles in the film look to be well cast.
3rd. We might get an answer to the one of the great questions in film. How old was the prince at the start of the film? We know the actor who plays the prince. We do not know the actor's age. It looks like we'll have to see the film to get an answer.
4th. A difference from the animated film that seems to make this one more scary. If the last rose petal falls, not only will the prince remain a beast, but the servants will remain household objects.
Whether they will still be sentient, that is the question.

Earth Day. Born in China
The House of Mouse is the last major studio in Hollywood that is still doing full-length nature documentaries.

05/05 Guardians of the Galaxy, vol. 2

05/26 Pirates of the Caribbean : Dead Men Tell No Tales
Apparently, the last film in the series

06/16 Cars 3

07/17 Spiderman : Homecoming
Though, actually a joint production of Sony Columbia and Marvel Studios, some sites have it down as a House of Mouse film.

11/03 Thor : Ragnarok
The question I have is what will become of Loki at the end of the film. Will his fate be like the one in the comic book, or will it be different?

11/22 Coco

12/15 Star Wars : Episode VIII

2017 Magic Camp

Next time: from the House of Mouse for 2018 and 2019

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1158 on: March 04, 2017, 10:23:47 PM »

Morocco has great skiing. There are resorts in the Atlas Mountains where you'd swear you were in Austria.

Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #1159 on: March 13, 2017, 07:47:00 AM »

An informative and entertaining article on the real St. Patrick:

https://voxhiberionacum.wordpress.com/2017/03/13/17-things-you-probably-didnt-know-about-the-historical-st-patrick/

"Happy Irreverent but yet still Historically Accurate St. Patrick’s Day, wherever you are."

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1160 on: March 13, 2017, 09:55:28 AM »

A bad stomach flu can make you revile the day your parents met.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1161 on: March 14, 2017, 10:54:33 AM »

From the House of Mouse, 2018 and thereafter, excluding the films from Marvel Studios, which have already been mentioned.

03/09 Wreck-it Ralph 2
04/06 A Wrinkle in Time
05/25 Han Solo's solo film
06/15 The Incredibles 2
11/21 Gigantic
which is a  retelling of Jack and the Beanstalk with a Spanish twist.

06/21 Toy Story 4
07/19 an Untitled Indiana Jones film
he's back and the House of Mouse has him.

Pirates of the Caribbean 6
Well, I got that wrong.  When I saw "The Beginning of the End." It's not the end, but the beginning of the end. Thus, the series, which began in 2003, will have a double trilogy.
And if you look at the latest in the Bill Slider police procedural, which is set near London (England) and is by a Brit, who lives in London, one of the new characters is described as looking like Captain Jack Sparrow minus the dreadlocks. Which is just one of the examples of how dominant Americanisms are in the rest of the world.

Next time: you saw it in animation. Now see it in live action.
And I need to get out what Columbia Sony, Paramount Viacom, Time Warner, Universal NBC Comcast, and 20th Century Fox, the other major Hollywood studios, are doing for 2017.

claws
« Reply #1162 on: March 23, 2017, 05:56:38 AM »

In 1984 the movie The Evil Dead was banned in Germany for its gruesome and violent content. 32 years later rights holder Sony had the movie re-evaluated, and German censors found nothing about The Evil Dead that could harm the fragile mind of underaged children. The Evil Dead was dismissed from the list of banned movies, and the complete uncut version was given a new "16" rating which is like a PG-13 rating  TeddyR

To celebrate the event The Evil Dead had a limited one-weekend-only theatrical run in 80 cities across Germany in early March, followed by various Blu-ray and DVD editions  Cheers
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 05:59:13 AM by claws » Logged
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1163 on: March 23, 2017, 09:05:04 AM »

In 1994, a satire conspiracy theory stated that the town of Bielefeld, Germany, doesn't exist at all and is just an illusion. Since then, the town has been rolling with it.

yeah no.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1164 on: March 25, 2017, 01:59:38 PM »

You saw them in animation. Now, see them in live action. Of course, some of these are more further along than others.

Aladdin
Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers
Cruella
Dumbo
Genies
Jungle Book 2
The Lion King (James Earl Jones has agreed to voice Mufasa)
Malificent 2
Mary Poppins Returns (12/25/18) (Dick Van Dyke will be back, but not as Bert, but as Dawes, jr.)
Mulan (11/02/18)
Night on Bald Mountain (aka Chernaborg)
Peter Pan
Pinocchio
Prince Charming
Rose Red (Snow's little sister)
Sword in the Stone
Tinker Belle
Winnie the Pooh
and
The Littlest Mermaid (2017) (Not the Disney version)

Of course, this is a very tentative list, and I expect some of these never to see the light of the projection booth.

Next time: it's already March, so I need to get out what Sony Columbia, Time Warner, Viacom Paramount, Comcast NBC Universal, and 20th Century Fox are going to do for the rest of the year, but first . . . Has one of the greatest literary mysteries of all time finally been solved?
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1165 on: April 03, 2017, 07:19:57 PM »

One of the great literary mysteries is who is the Fair Youth featured in Shakespeare's Sonnets. There are a couple of other mysteries, which we'll get to later, but who is the Fair Youth? At first it was thought that it was an young contemporary of Shakespeare, but what if it was not a contemporary, but an young man who had been dead almost a decade before Shakespeare was even born.
Who we'll get to later, but here are the clues to the young man's identity as found in the Sonnets.

Sonnet 13
he thinks he's king. Check

Sonnet 52
he is imprisoned. Check

Sonnet 64
he is imprisoned in the Tower of London. Check

Sonnet 12
he is beheaded. Check

Sonnet 13
he is beheaded during the winter. Check

Sonnet 2
the sonnets were written 40 years after his death in 1554. Check

Sonnet 11
he was 20 years old when he died. Check
Actually, not. Though people are still getting that wrong today, when we know more about when he was born and died than Shakespeare did. Thus, it seems that he may have been as much as 4 or 5 years younger when he died, then Shakespeare states in his sonnets.

Of course, this is all supposition, and more than his age, what points away from this dead youth, is Shakespeare's admonition that the youth marry, so he could pass on his fair looks to his children. Even if Shakespeare got the age wrong, he should have known that the youth was already married, when he was executed. The wife being executed that same day.

As for who it is, it is Lord Guildford Dudley, who was married to Lady Jane Grey. More can be found at "Guildford Dudley : the Fair Youth." (Google it, Dad.)

As for the other 2 mysteries about Shakespeare's Sonnets. 1st While most scholars, though not all, believe the Sonnets were written by Shakespeare, and 2ndly, even more controversially, because it is even more mysterious than who wrote them, is if a contemporary of Shakespeare, whether the passion expressed in the Sonnets remained platonic, or whether there was a physical relationship between the poet, and the subject of his poetry?

Next time: the upcoming films for this year from another of the major Hollywood studios.
AoTFan

« Reply #1166 on: April 04, 2017, 01:20:02 AM »

There have been cases of people being shot in the heart and still running a hundred yards before finally falling over and dying. 

BTW, a hundred yards is the length of a football field, minus the end zones.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1167 on: April 04, 2017, 01:40:30 AM »

Some of my undies are clean.  Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #1168 on: April 08, 2017, 11:47:09 AM »

Some of my undies are clean.  Wink
And you keep them locked up in a glass case so they stay that way, right?

Anyway... fact. ...

Studies have shown that after being decapitated, a mouses brain has electrical impulses that would suggest consciousness for up to four seconds.  Tests with larger animals likewise suggested they remain capable of conscious thought for even longer. 
javakoala
Hermit of Horror

Does ANYBODY remember this guy?

« Reply #1169 on: April 08, 2017, 03:13:41 PM »

Studies have shown that after being decapitated, a mouses brain has electrical impulses that would suggest consciousness for up to four seconds.  Tests with larger animals likewise suggested they remain capable of conscious thought for even longer. 

Basically, if a human is decapitated, they would have enough time to realize what a s**t job the killer did? That's kinda cruel.

Onto the fact:

In the Windows OS, you cannot name a folder "con". I tried it with Windows 7, and it's true (at least up to W 7).

I feel more like I do now than I did a while ago.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.