Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:12:56 AM
713325 Posts in 53055 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 631296 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1320 on: August 03, 2018, 05:16:43 PM »

Despite people's imaginations running away with them, in the shower scene in Psycho, filmed during a dance at the Saltine Pavilion in Utah, director Rock Sterling never actually showed Jamie Leigh Curtis' skin being pierced by the hypodermic needles in Jason's gloves, though he did later dispatch Dick Hollarman with a chainsaw while spewing pea soup, when he leaped out from Damien's gutter dressed as a clown seven days after he watched Carrie's cursed prom video in Hill House near Crystal Lake in Amityville, New Mexico.

All true.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

Either he's dead or my watch has stopped!

« Reply #1321 on: August 03, 2018, 09:17:17 PM »

Small | Large

If you want to view paradise . . . simply look around and view it!
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1322 on: August 03, 2018, 11:51:54 PM »

Mel Brooks demanded absolute authenticity in the campfire scene in Blazing Saddles.   The actors were required to eat massive amount of beans and fart forcibly many many times before brooks was satisfied.  He insisted the actors do their own farts so body position and facial expressions would be in sync with the sounds. Several actors suffered intestinal herniations and bleeding rectums from the repeated takes.

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1323 on: August 09, 2018, 03:33:49 PM »

Today
Here are the streaming services available.
Vudu
Twitter
Hulu
Amazon Prime

Tomorrow
or beginning in 2019, here are the likeliest streaming services to become available, even excluding Sky.

A.T.&T.-Time Warner
or, your tax $ at work. Sued by the government to prevent the merge, the government lost its case. Still, it is suing again to prevent the merge, and it is likely to lose again

Comcast-NBC-Universal

Disney-20th Century Fox
It starts on 2nd base.
1st unlike most distributors, who have to contract with a content provider, it'll own most of the content it'll distribute.
2nd it is the only streaming service to date, which will have a streaming service entirely suitable for children.

National Amusement-Viacom-Paramount-CBS
CBS will likely re-emerge with the above, especially with Shari Redstone owning a large % of the CBS stock.

And here is one for you Wal-Mart shoppers
Wal-Mart is in talks to start a streaming service that will cater to the interests and tastes of the people who shop at Wal-Mart.

Next time: it's an one-way avenue, people.
Pacman000
« Reply #1324 on: August 10, 2018, 02:42:32 PM »

"Wal-Mart is in talks to start a streaming service that will cater to the interests and tastes of the people who shop at Wal-Mart."

And now I'm scared. ;)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1325 on: August 10, 2018, 04:12:48 PM »

In The Phantom Menace, steadily drizzling salt was used to simulate waterfalls on the models of cities.

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1326 on: August 13, 2018, 08:59:09 PM »

On this day in 1918, a German U-Boat surfaced off Smith Island, North Carolina, and lobbed mustard gas shells at the lighthouse there, the only time in the First World War that the American homeland was assailed with poison gas.

http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lccn/sn83030214/1918-08-13/ed-1/seq-1/

AoTFan

« Reply #1327 on: August 15, 2018, 04:24:37 PM »

I was reading movie scripts and this one had a list of revisions it had undergone by date and color and it had listed "chartreuse".  Being unfamiliar with that shade, I had to look it up.

Wikipedia helpfully tells me that, "Chartreuse is a color between yellow and green that was named because of its resemblance to the green color of one of the French liqueurs."

So, yeah, learn something new everyday!

And if anyone's curious what it looks like...

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1328 on: August 15, 2018, 04:55:44 PM »

I was reading movie scripts and this one had a list of revisions it had undergone by date and color and it had listed "chartreuse".  Being unfamiliar with that shade, I had to look it up.

Wikipedia helpfully tells me that, "Chartreuse is a color between yellow and green that was named because of its resemblance to the green color of one of the French liqueurs."

In America we call that Mountain Dew.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1329 on: August 18, 2018, 10:36:43 AM »

I was reading movie scripts and this one had a list of revisions it had undergone by date and color and it had listed "chartreuse".  Being unfamiliar with that shade, I had to look it up.

I used to drink Chartreuse; it comes in TWO colors...

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #1330 on: August 18, 2018, 10:48:04 AM »

[/quote]2 Colors!  Thumbup
I don't drink wine-but I do drink. And I rate my  libations.  Drink

!. Black Velvet
2.Any other whiskey
3. Cheap Vodka
4. Cheaper Gin (both made by Arrow).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1331 on: August 18, 2018, 01:44:56 PM »

I don't drink vodka anymore and never whiskey.  But I do like GIN.  I have drunk cheap gin, though you can really taste the difference if you drink something really good like Boodle's gin.  Beefeater is good.  Gilbey's is good enough. 

ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1332 on: August 18, 2018, 02:02:20 PM »

A shame alcohol contributes to so many traffic deaths a year, leaving behind survivors to mourn and remember, year after year.

Allhallowsday
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1333 on: August 18, 2018, 04:56:37 PM »

You, EVELYN, perplex me.  You're so right.  No pun intended.  I will never drink and drive again, but I am guilty and damned lucky.  I think I drove hammered ... many times.   Bluesad  'Course, that was like 30 years ago.  Thumbup  Smile

Pacman000
« Reply #1334 on: August 18, 2018, 05:07:32 PM »

Today
Here are the streaming services available.
Vudu
Twitter
Hulu
Amazon Prime

Tomorrow
or beginning in 2019, here are the likeliest streaming services to become available, even excluding Sky.

A.T.&T.-Time Warner
or, your tax $ at work. Sued by the government to prevent the merge, the government lost its case. Still, it is suing again to prevent the merge, and it is likely to lose again

Comcast-NBC-Universal

Disney-20th Century Fox
It starts on 2nd base.
1st unlike most distributors, who have to contract with a content provider, it'll own most of the content it'll distribute.
2nd it is the only streaming service to date, which will have a streaming service entirely suitable for children.

National Amusement-Viacom-Paramount-CBS
CBS will likely re-emerge with the above, especially with Shari Redstone owning a large % of the CBS stock.

And here is one for you Wal-Mart shoppers
Wal-Mart is in talks to start a streaming service that will cater to the interests and tastes of the people who shop at Wal-Mart.

Next time: it's an one-way avenue, people.
Questar (I think,) The Peter Rodgers Orginization, & YouTube also have streaming services.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.