Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:35:43 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 628640 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #330 on: February 03, 2012, 09:19:34 AM »

Apollo astronauts had no facilities for going "number two." When one had to poop, he would get completely undressed, climb behind the couches for what privacy he could get, and go into a plastic bag, making sure that everything was caught and sealed inside. Bear in mind that there was no gravity, and the material would not necessarily fall into the bag as one would expect. This reportedly caused situations ranging from minor inconvenience to something resembling the "Baby Ruth" scene in Caddyshack. Further adding to the atmosphere in the command module was the flatulence caused by dissolved hydrogen in the water produced by the fuel cells.

Buggedout Buggedout

I'm so glad I gave up my dreams of being an astronaut!  Wink TeddyR

Oh, they have toilets now, but it wasn't so easy in the old days. I wonder if there would be as many hoax nuts around these days if NASA had been up front about all the corners they cut and the risks they took to meet Kennedy's deadline and beat the dirty commies. It was much more quick and dirty and seat-of-the-pants than they ever let on. The Soviets, ironically enough, went to the extra trouble of putting a toilet on the original Soyuz, and were generally more cautious about testing things before putting people at risk. While the Americans decided, on short notice, to do a circumlunar flight and put people on the second Saturn V ever flown, the Soviets had planned to first send an unmanned Soyuz around the moon, and then possibly an animal, before sending a cosmonaut. That was one of the reasons they finally lost the space race. That and their technical genius died suddenly, and their counterpart to the Saturn V had a habit of blowing up. This was most likely due to it having a very complicated first stage, using 30 small engines because the Russians hadn't yet been able to develop big ones.

As to who actually won in the long term, consider that the Russians continued to improve on the same technology while NASA is now buying rides from them and paying billions to reinvent what they had with Apollo.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:30:00 PM by AndyC » Logged

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #331 on: February 03, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »

Actor Andy Garcia was born with a malformed conjoined twin attached to his shoulder.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 02:16:10 PM by Raffine » Logged

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #332 on: February 07, 2012, 10:37:19 AM »

The word “Arkansas” is a French pronunciation (“Arcansas”) of a Quapaw (a related “Kaw” tribe) word, akakaze, meaning “land of downriver people” or the Sioux word akakaze meaning “people of the south wind”.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

Hey....white women were in season.

« Reply #333 on: February 07, 2012, 03:43:53 PM »

My wife is the bestest woman I've ever slapped on the butt.

http://pointingthecannon.blogspot.com/2010/10/tracy-jean.html

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
Hammock Rider

« Reply #334 on: February 14, 2012, 03:32:23 PM »

Frenchwoman Jeanne Calment had the longest confirmed human life span in history, dying in 1997 at the age of 122 years and 164 days.

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #335 on: February 20, 2012, 03:08:35 PM »

If it's true what they say, that GOD created us in His image, then why should we not love creating, and why should we not continue to do so, as carefully and ethically as we can, on whatever scale we're capable of?

The choice is simple; refuse to create, and refuse to grow, or build, with care and love.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #336 on: February 20, 2012, 11:28:50 PM »

Today is Kurt Cobain's birthday, he would have been 45 today Bluesad

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #337 on: March 13, 2012, 06:21:57 PM »

Wikipedia's article on "Two and a Half Men" is over twice as long as their article on Plato's "Symposium" (9,298 words to 3,954 words).

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
joejoe
If it's bad, I'll watch it
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #338 on: March 14, 2012, 05:31:26 AM »

The Dodge brothers started out making parts for Fords

when in doubt,  plan E.   EXPLOSIVES!!
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #339 on: March 14, 2012, 06:17:06 AM »

The Dodge brothers started out making parts for Fords

There's a lot of weirdness in the auto industry. Lee Iacocca Helped engineer the Ford Mustang, John DeLorean Helped design the GTO for Pontiac.

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #340 on: March 14, 2012, 02:47:25 PM »

The famous , romantic road-trip American highway, Route 66, was once a camel trail.

Hammock Rider

« Reply #341 on: March 16, 2012, 11:32:08 AM »

Sea urchins are sensitive to touch, light, and chemicals. Although they do not have eyes or eye spots, recent research suggests that their entire body might function as one compound eye.

alandhopewell
A NorthCoaster In Texas

« Reply #342 on: March 20, 2012, 01:13:14 PM »

The WonderTwins suck giant gorilla boogers.

Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #343 on: March 29, 2012, 08:11:13 AM »

This one's for Indy.  Today in 1848, Niagara Falls ceased to flow for 30 hours because of an ice jam; the only time in recorded history that both falls were completely stopped.  Visitors were able to walk out on the ice and recover artifacts from the riverbed.

Hold onto your dreams ....
Saucerman
Opinionated Blowhard Par Excellence
B-Movie Site Webmaster

Hypnotic, ain't it?

« Reply #344 on: March 29, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »

There are currently eleven posts (counting this one) pertaining to sea cucumbers in this thread. 

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.