Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:52:48 AM
712926 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 628764 times)
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #405 on: January 20, 2013, 08:54:31 PM »

When threatened, some sea cucumbers discharge sticky threads to ensnare their enemies. Others can mutilate their own bodies as a defense mechanism. They violently contract their muscles and jettison some of their internal organs out of their anus. The missing body parts are quickly regenerated.

Talk about the phrase, "blow it out your ass"....
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #406 on: January 20, 2013, 09:49:27 PM »

A cat with stomach issues can regurgitate its own body weight . . . usually in a dark room, just inside the door, to insure quick discovery and clean up.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Raffine
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #407 on: January 21, 2013, 11:34:06 AM »

Female red tabby cats are extremely rare.

So are male Calico cats.

If you're an Andy Milligan fan there's no hope for you.
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #408 on: January 21, 2013, 02:14:15 PM »

The Weekly World News has a Facts Checker.... And, they actually do check!

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #409 on: January 21, 2013, 04:01:35 PM »

The answer to the age-old question is finally in: scientists say the egg definitely came first, only after the chicken.     Wink
indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #410 on: January 21, 2013, 08:37:26 PM »

It has been proven in most scientific studies that toast actually does land jelly side down a majority of the time, due to the added weight of the jelly on one side.
And we all know cats will land on their feet if dropped from a height of more than two feet.

So if we strapped toast, jelly side up, on the cat's back and dropped him from the top of a ladder . . . would he hover?

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Raffine

« Reply #411 on: January 21, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »

Dogs like their privates because - they can.  TeddyR

indianasmith
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #412 on: January 21, 2013, 10:51:19 PM »

You mean you don't  like yours?  Buggedout

Raffine

« Reply #413 on: January 21, 2013, 11:19:24 PM »

You mean you don't  like yours?  Buggedout

Note to self: Do not type while wearing your 'long distance' glasses.

Dogs lick their privates because - they can.

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #414 on: January 22, 2013, 01:58:52 AM »

The Pretoria bus "service" officially sucks.  Thumbdown

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Umaril Has Returned
« Reply #415 on: January 22, 2013, 12:47:54 PM »

A cat with stomach issues can regurgitate its own body weight . . . usually in a dark room, just inside the door, to insure quick discovery and clean up.

No denying that one, Indy. I've made many such discoveries, and continue to do so to this day... Buggedout
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #416 on: January 22, 2013, 12:53:21 PM »

Yesterday was my last day of......

WINTER BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah no.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #417 on: January 22, 2013, 02:14:51 PM »

"Spat game" apparently means "flirted with a girl" in the lingo of the young people.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #418 on: January 25, 2013, 04:15:19 PM »

"Harlequin ichthyosis is a severe genetic disorder that mainly affects the skin. Infants with this condition are born with very hard, thick skin covering most of their bodies. The skin forms large, diamond-shaped plates that are separated by deep cracks (fissures). These skin abnormalities affect the shape of the eyelids, nose, mouth, and ears, and limit movement of the arms and legs. Restricted movement of the chest can lead to breathing difficulties and respiratory failure.

The skin normally forms a protective barrier between the body and its surrounding environment. The skin abnormalities associated with harlequin ichthyosis disrupt this barrier, making it more difficult for affected infants to control water loss, regulate their body temperature, and fight infections. Infants with harlequin ichthyosis often experience an excessive loss of fluids (dehydration) and develop life-threatening infections in the first few weeks of life. It used to be very rare for affected infants to survive the newborn period. However, with intensive medical support and improved treatment, people with this disorder now have a better chance of living into childhood and adolescence."
http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/harlequin-ichthyosis

The Harlequin Fetus disease disturbs me the most out of all of the things that disturbs me.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:11:53 PM by El Misfit » Logged

yeah no.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #419 on: January 25, 2013, 10:12:37 PM »

"Harlequin ichthyosis is a severe genetic disorder that mainly affects the skin. Infants with this condition are born with very hard, thick skin covering most of their bodies. The skin forms large, diamond-shaped plates that are separated by deep cracks (fissures). These skin abnormalities affect the shape of the eyelids, nose, mouth, and ears, and limit movement of the arms and legs. Restricted movement of the chest can lead to breathing difficulties and respiratory failure.

The skin normally forms a protective barrier between the body and its surrounding environment. The skin abnormalities associated with harlequin ichthyosis disrupt this barrier, making it more difficult for affected infants to control water loss, regulate their body temperature, and fight infections. Infants with harlequin ichthyosis often experience an excessive loss of fluids (dehydration) and develop life-threatening infections in the first few weeks of life. It used to be very rare for affected infants to survive the newborn period. However, with intensive medical support and improved treatment, people with this disorder now have a better chance of living into childhood and adolescence."
http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/harlequin-ichthyosis

The Harlequin Fetus disease disturbs me the most out of all of the things that disturbs me.

I am NOT posting an image of a victim of this rare disease. It's f**ked up man, really f**ked up.

yeah no.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.