Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 09:04:58 AM
712939 Posts in 53041 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 628846 times)
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #570 on: July 09, 2013, 06:28:19 AM »

If you ask a girl out while standing in front of a flower shop, she's much more likely to say yes than if you do it while standing in front of a shoe store.  I read that in an issue of Men's Health while I was waiting for my doctor's appt. yesterday.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #571 on: July 09, 2013, 10:49:57 AM »

How about five facts, since I haven't posted in a while?

1. Though stereotyped as filthy barbarians, Viking spies, seeking to blend in with the native English, actually had to refrain from bathing lest they stand out by being too clean.

2. Despite it being a tradition to do so, kissing Oscar Wilde's tomb in Paris will now get you arrested for vandalism.

3. Sooner or later a baby will throw anything you give her off the tray of her high chair onto the floor, especially if the floor was just mopped. This is an unassailable truth.

4. Unless caught in an updraft, mosquitoes are rarely found more than two stories off the ground. Meaning people on high-rise balconies never need repellent.

5. Cable TV originates from a satellite, just as its so-called "satellite" competitors do.

Ars longa, vita brevis!

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Green
« Reply #572 on: July 09, 2013, 01:17:27 PM »

How amazing is this: Tardigrades can withstand temperatures from just above absolute zero to well above the boiling point of water, pressures about 6 times stronger than pressures found in the deepest ocean trenches, ionizing radiation at doses hundreds of times higher than would kill a person, and the vacuum of outer space. They can go without food or water for nearly 120 years, drying out to the point where they are 3% or less water, only to rehydrate, forage, and reproduce.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #573 on: July 09, 2013, 01:43:08 PM »

My body is ready for GTA V. TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR TeddyR

yeah no.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #574 on: July 09, 2013, 11:34:45 PM »

Kiefer Sutherland once retired from acting to work the rodeo circuit.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #575 on: July 10, 2013, 02:39:09 AM »

Or, about as long as Trevor's underpants last, before he has to replace them.

But, frankly, I'd rather eat the fruitcake. Sorry, Trevor!

TeddyR TeddyR

Ermmm: who said I replaced them?  Question Wink

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #576 on: July 10, 2013, 10:46:23 AM »

A tour guide at the Empire State Building told us that the building's owners spent two grand its first year on rat traps. Two grand in 1930s dollars? Just how blinking many rats lived in the place????

Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #577 on: July 10, 2013, 05:44:56 PM »

Wow...imagine what they spent on the house and senate.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #578 on: July 11, 2013, 04:03:51 AM »

On the first episode of Sesame Street, Cookie Monster tries to eat Kermit the Frog. 

ChaosTheory

« Reply #579 on: July 11, 2013, 12:02:51 PM »

On the first episode of Sesame Street, Cookie Monster tries to eat Kermit the Frog. 

voila:
Small | Large

Through the darkness of future past
The magician longs to see
One chance opts between two worlds
Fire walk with me
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #580 on: July 12, 2013, 01:28:05 PM »

Fact: On February 19, 1982 Ozzy Osbourne relieved himself against a wall at the Alamo.

Conjecture: On February 20, 1982, sales of tar and feathers soared all across the Lone Star State.

BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #581 on: July 12, 2013, 04:12:12 PM »

On the 8th day of Christmas
It's Unique

The only place to rent out living Christmas trees in the U.S. is in Portland, Oregon. In 2004, they rented out 419 trees at $55.00 each for a total of $23,045. Then when they were returned, they were sold at $10.00 each for a total of $4190. or a grand total of $27,235. I don't see how they can stay in business, but they've been in business since 1992.

Next time: the 9th day of Christmas
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #582 on: July 12, 2013, 04:39:43 PM »

How amazing is this: Tardigrades can withstand temperatures from just above absolute zero to well above the boiling point of water, pressures about 6 times stronger than pressures found in the deepest ocean trenches, ionizing radiation at doses hundreds of times higher than would kill a person, and the vacuum of outer space. They can go without food or water for nearly 120 years, drying out to the point where they are 3% or less water, only to rehydrate, forage, and reproduce.

ah yeah but can they do this

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Flangepart

« Reply #583 on: July 12, 2013, 05:03:52 PM »

Yeah? If they're so cool, why ain't they staring in a movie with giant flying sharks, HUH!?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 05:11:34 PM by Flangepart » Logged

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #584 on: July 14, 2013, 09:21:14 AM »

As long as 51% or more of any denomination of US currency is intact, a bill is still legal tender and can even be traded in at a bank for a replacement. Which means in theory it used to cost Tupac nothing to light his blunts with those hundreds.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.