Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:48:42 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 628686 times)
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #615 on: August 28, 2013, 06:12:10 PM »

Ride to Hell: Retribution maybe the worst video game of all time.

More so then ET for Atari 2600?  Wink

some people say it is, believe it or not.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #616 on: August 31, 2013, 06:24:50 PM »

Charles Manson, who grew up in my hometown, once vowed he could fly, and to demonstrate leaped off the balcony of a third-floor bar, only to land face-down on the concrete parking lot. Over the years others at the bar have tried to duplicate his demonstration, and in time the act has become known locally as "the Manson Maneuver."

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #617 on: August 31, 2013, 08:55:35 PM »

There is a mineral called Cummingtonite, which was discovered in Cummington, Massachusetts.

yeah no.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #618 on: September 01, 2013, 10:58:15 AM »

An onion has twelve times as much DNA as a human being. Amoeba dubia, a single-celled organism, has approximately two-hundred times the DNA of a human.

Green
« Reply #619 on: September 05, 2013, 11:50:01 AM »

Anthony Perkins was super gay before he married Berinthia Berenson. He later died of AIDs, and his wife was killed on American Airlines Flight 11 during the September 11 attacks in 2001.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #620 on: September 06, 2013, 07:28:35 AM »

Anthony Perkins was super gay before he married Berinthia Berenson.

So? That is old news and so what if he was gay? He didn't harm anyone by being gay. He was a good actor and adored his two sons. He was also a trailblazer for the LGBT community and he was in the first film I saw as a child.

He later died of AIDs, and his wife was killed on American Airlines Flight 11 during the September 11 attacks in 2001.

Again, old news: his wife died on my birthday as it happens.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Green
« Reply #621 on: September 06, 2013, 09:15:59 AM »

Anthony Perkins was super gay before he married Berinthia Berenson.

So? That is old news and so what if he was gay? He didn't harm anyone by being gay. He was a good actor and adored his two sons. He was also a trailblazer for the LGBT community and he was in the first film I saw as a child.

He later died of AIDs, and his wife was killed on American Airlines Flight 11 during the September 11 attacks in 2001.

Again, old news: his wife died on my birthday as it happens.

First of all don't even come at like that again, I don't need to explain myself to you. But if it sets your mind at ease, I don't have a problem with homosexuals and I think he was good actor, too.

Now to your other point: I don't particular care if it's old news, as almost everything in this thread is 'old news'. It's MY random fact of the day, and if it somehow hurts your little feelings then idk what to tell you. I mean I could tell you to just deal with it, but that would make me seem like an a***ole and that's not really what my intent, is.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #622 on: September 06, 2013, 11:00:04 AM »

In Anglo-Saxon England, a method of execution reserved for treason, the murder of a parent, or blasphemy, was to take a take a large sack and place a condemned person in it, then drop a rooster, a cat, and an adder into the sack and sew it shut. The sack and its contents were then whipped thirty-three lashes and the entire sack was thrown into a river.

Not a good way to check out.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #623 on: September 07, 2013, 09:29:58 AM »

A man received the transplanted heart of a suicide victim, married the donor's widow, killed himself exactly the same way the donor did.

yeah no.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #624 on: September 07, 2013, 03:57:51 PM »

In Anglo-Saxon England, a method of execution reserved for treason, the murder of a parent, or blasphemy, was to take a take a large sack and place a condemned person in it, then drop a rooster, a cat, and an adder into the sack and sew it shut. The sack and its contents were then whipped thirty-three lashes and the entire sack was thrown into a river.

Not a good way to check out.

That was also the punishment for a patricide, or someone who killed their father, in Ancient Rome. Minus the whipping.

And as for my Fact of the Day, . . .

There are two places cheaper than Shades of Green on property. The Best Friends Resort, which charges $69.00 a night and for that price you get morning and night jogging, a flatscreen TV, your own playgroup, turndown service, a gift left on your pillow, but don't eat the chocolates, a webcam, bedtime storytime, and if you stay three nights or longer, they then give you a free bath. Of course, this is only for your pets.

And then there is the campground. If not the best campground in the U.S., then one of the best. Where you can camp in a tent for only $48.00 per night, or the cheapest on-site place to stay.

Next time: Where can I get a drink around here?
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #625 on: September 09, 2013, 06:29:05 PM »

Cetaceans have a number of emotional centers in their brains that humans do not, strongly suggesting they are capable of a unique array of emotions which humans probably cannot experience or even comprehend.

El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #626 on: September 09, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »

The average citizen of Liechtenstein doesn’t even lock their door because crime in the country is so low -- Their last murder was in 1997.

yeah no.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #627 on: September 10, 2013, 12:40:43 PM »

Tenor saxophonist Stan Getz ("The Girl from Impanema") was once arrested for attempting to hold up a drugstore. His call was traced when he telephoned to apologize to the pharmacist for the failed robbery.

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #628 on: September 14, 2013, 01:08:55 PM »

75 places to drink.

Excluding the champagne, which can run you $ 290.00 for a regular-size bottle of Cuvee Dom Perignon Brut, the most expensive drink is a 2 oz. pour of Johnnie Walker Blue Scotch Whiskey which runs $37.00 for that 2 oz. pour.

It is still illegal.
But, they still make it.
They still sell it.
Moonshine.
Toby and Sons Moonshine.
They'll mix you up a moonshine cocktail at one of the resorts.

But, wouldn't you all rather have a beer.

You wouldn't think it, but this place has become one of the most influential places in the U.S. at determining what the rest of the U.S. drinks. It also has more sommeliers in this one place, then anyother place in the U.S.

And you thought they didn't have a sense of humor.

Forty-thirst Street -- Frosty the Joe Man Coffee Shack -- Let's Go Slurpin' -- Mardi Grogs Bar -- Muddy Rivers Bar -- Sand Bar -- Team Spirits Bar . . .

. . . are some of the places you can get something to drink.

Next time: Where can I get a bite to eat?
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #629 on: September 14, 2013, 05:16:55 PM »

A woman fell in love with, has a sexual relationship with, and plans to marry, an amusement park ride.

yeah no.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.