Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:30:47 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 631428 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #660 on: October 14, 2013, 10:48:45 AM »

Of all hard liquors, vodka is least likely to cause a hangover.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #661 on: October 14, 2013, 04:23:54 PM »

Of the four lands . . .

One is known for its castle envy and for the horses having a better union than the humans, who work there.

The castle there is 225% taller than that other castle.

As for the horses . . .

They work shorter hours than the humans.

They can be petted by the guests. Try doing that with a human employee.

And while the human employees can get subsidized accomodations and meals, the room and board for the horses is free, and it is all they can eat.

And if it gets too hot for 'em out there, they can be hosed down. Try doing that with a human employee.

The 2nd land (110) acres is known for its TV marathons. Before one building was built, the building's designers watched all 156 episodes of Rod Serling's "Twilight Zone"--twice. How would you like a job that pays you to watch TV all day long.

The 3rd land (260 acres) is known for its red Georgia clay. One of the buildings was made out 106,000 bricks. 106,000 handmade bricks. 106,000 handmade bricks made out of red Georgia clay.

The 4th land (500 acres) is known for its pooping animals and its recycling efforts. The animals poop out 1600 tons of poop per year, some of which is recycled into fertilizer. Thus, a gross of Trevor's undies. STAT! And I do mean gross.
And the milk jugs are recycled into the park benches you see. 1350 jugs to 1 bench. So, drink your milk. They need to make another bench.

Next time: 2 waterparks and a sports complex.
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #662 on: October 17, 2013, 03:16:15 PM »

What is called a "French kiss" in the English speaking world is known as an "English kiss" in France.

The first known transfusion of blood was performed as early as 1667, when Jean-Baptiste, transfused two pints of blood from a sheep to a young man
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #663 on: October 20, 2013, 04:18:46 PM »

the 2001 AFC playoff game was won by the Patriots with an obscure rule, today the Patriots lose to the Jets due to another obscure rule.

yeah no.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

Bad day at the construction site

« Reply #664 on: October 20, 2013, 04:29:14 PM »

the 2001 AFC playoff game was won by the Patriots with an obscure rule, today the Patriots lose to the Jets due to another obscure rule.

A new one, at that. How is it "unsportsmanlike" to push your own teammate ahead of you? Apparently, it has the potential to hurt your teammate's feelings, because he wasn't moving fast enough.  Lookingup

First rule is, 'The laws of Germany'
Second rule is, 'Be nice to mommy'
Third rule is, 'Don't talk to commies'
Fourth rule is, 'Eat kosher salamis'
------------------
The Dalai Lama walks into a pizza shop and says "Make me one with everything!"
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #665 on: October 20, 2013, 04:31:39 PM »

A new one, at that. How is it "unsportsmanlike" to push your own teammate ahead of you? Apparently, it has the potential to hurt your teammate's feelings, because he wasn't moving fast enough.  Lookingup

I'm just happy the Diva lost. Wink

yeah no.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #666 on: October 20, 2013, 04:59:14 PM »

I'm just happy the Diva lost. Wink

Yes, it was nice to see Marcia Brady lose for once.  TeddyR

------------------
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #667 on: October 21, 2013, 12:43:07 AM »

Thus, a gross of Trevor's undies. STAT! And I do mean gross.

BounceGiggle BounceGiggle

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #668 on: October 23, 2013, 09:09:41 AM »

The lights in a news studio can get so hot that the anchors are often sitting in shorts under the desk, and it's an old trick for some to keep their feet soaking in a tub of cold water, to cool them off. Seriously.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #669 on: October 23, 2013, 04:26:16 PM »

Wi-Fi doesn't stand for anything, it's simply a made up trademark that's fun to say.

yeah no.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #670 on: October 23, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »

Wi-Fi doesn't stand for anything, it's simply a made up trademark that's fun to say.

It stands for "Wireless Fidelity". You know, like "High Fidelity" from the old stereo and audiophile days.

------------------
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #671 on: October 23, 2013, 05:35:54 PM »

It stands for "Wireless Fidelity". You know, like "High Fidelity" from the old stereo and audiophile days.

That's what the companies want to yo know, it's actually just made up, only until after the release did the phrase Wireless fidelity make sense.

yeah no.
zelmo73
Eater of Hobbits

« Reply #672 on: October 23, 2013, 07:47:02 PM »

That's what the companies want to yo know, it's actually just made up, only until after the release did the phrase Wireless fidelity make sense.

Here's a wonderful old article on the history of Wi-Fi: http://www.economist.com/node/2724397

------------------
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #673 on: October 24, 2013, 05:33:04 PM »

Two waterparks

One has the world's tallest fastest free-fall speed slide and the longest family whitewater raft ride in the U.S.

The other has the largest wave pool in the U.S.

And you thought they had no sense of humor

Ketchakiddee Creek (kids' playarea)
Teamboat Springs (family raft ride)
Tike's Peak (another kids' playarea)
Mount Gushmore

One sports complex

15 diamonds that can be used for baseball or softball
12 tennis courts
6 indoor basketball courts
6 sand volleyball cours
4 fields for football or that other football "soccer"
1 fieldhouse for indoor volleyball and wrestling
1 track-and-field complex
and a partridge in a pear tree

Next time: all sports all the time
Green
« Reply #674 on: October 25, 2013, 09:25:45 PM »

Vonlenska is the non-literal language that forms the unintelligible lyrics sung by the band on some songs,[49] in particular by Jónsi. It is also commonly known by the English translation of its name, Hopelandic. It takes its name from "Von", a song on Sigur Rós’s debut album Von where it was first used. However, not all Sigur Rós songs are in Hopelandic; many are sung in Icelandic.

Vonlenska has no fixed syntax and differs from constructed languages that can be used for communication. It focuses entirely on the sounds of language; lacking grammar, meaning, and even distinct words. Instead, it consists of emotive non-lexical vocables and phonemes; in effect, Vonlenska uses the melodic and rhythmic elements of singing without the conceptual content of language. In this way, it is similar to the use of scat singing in vocal jazz. The band's website describes it as "a form of gibberish vocals that fits to the music";[50] it is similar in concept to the 'nonsense' language often used by Cocteau Twins singer Elizabeth Fraser in the 1980s and 1990s or by Icelandic singer Björk. Most of the syllable strings sung by Jónsi are repeated many times throughout each song, and in the case of ( ), throughout the whole album.
#Sigur Rós
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.