Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:08:58 AM
714234 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 636017 times)
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1380 on: October 15, 2018, 08:15:23 AM »

Isadora Duncan and Father Andrew M. Greeley both died as a result of getting neck scarves caught in moving automobiles.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Svengoolie 3
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1381 on: October 18, 2018, 03:24:36 AM »

Japan somehow got the rights to make a giant robot vs monsters series of spiderman.

Yes, they did.

https://youtu.be/_C7XjidN090

more proof.

https://youtu.be/y8pYfCtNPzA

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1382 on: October 18, 2018, 03:41:04 PM »

How much would you pay for a burger?

According to Money Magazine (September, 2018 issue) these are the best burger joints in the U.S. And, while they listed them differently, I am listing them by the price of the burger, from the most expensive to the least expensive.

$13.50
Hate Mondays Tavern
Miami (Florida)

$13.00
Dino's Gourmet-on-the-go
Kahului ( Hawaii)

$12.00
Fox Smokehouse BBQ
Boulder City (New York)

$11.25
Bros Sandwich Shop
Avon (North Carolina)

$9.50
PDX Sliders
Portland (Oregon)

$9.25
Manny's Restaurant
Victorville (California)

$8.99
Zorba's Gyros, Burgers, and More
Lafayette (Louisiana)

$7.50
Papa's Burgers
San Antonio (Texas)

$3.80
Around the Corner
Hennico (Virginia)

$3.79
Lucky's Burgers and Shakes
Phoenix (Arizona)

Next time: this brings back memories
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1383 on: October 19, 2018, 02:05:43 AM »

Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1384 on: October 19, 2018, 03:53:02 AM »

How much would you pay for a burger?

According to Money Magazine (September, 2018 issue) these are the best burger joints in the U.S. And, while they listed them differently, I am listing them by the price of the burger, from the most expensive to the least expensive.

$13.50
Hate Mondays Tavern
Miami (Florida)

$13.00
Dino's Gourmet-on-the-go
Kahului ( Hawaii)

$12.00
Fox Smokehouse BBQ
Boulder City (New York)

$11.25
Bros Sandwich Shop
Avon (North Carolina)

$9.50
PDX Sliders
Portland (Oregon)

$9.25
Manny's Restaurant
Victorville (California)

$8.99
Zorba's Gyros, Burgers, and More
Lafayette (Louisiana)

$7.50
Papa's Burgers
San Antonio (Texas)

$3.80
Around the Corner
Hennico (Virginia)

$3.79
Lucky's Burgers and Shakes
Phoenix (Arizona)

Next time: this brings back memories

My special Sister - a vegan - convinced me to quit eating hamburgers about three years ago. She doesn't mind me eating fish or chicken, though.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
claws
« Reply #1385 on: October 21, 2018, 03:29:01 PM »

Germans eat 72.000 tons of potato chips each year. Germany's most popular potato chip flavor is paprika (Also known as Pimenton de la Vera dulce, the peppers used to make this paprika are slowly smoked over oak before being ground, imparting a rich smokiness. The color is a deep red.).
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1386 on: October 24, 2018, 03:51:27 PM »

This brings  back memories.

When the family 1st moved to southern California from New England, we moved into a rented house, price was right, that was too small for us. So, each weekend, when we still had a car, the parents would pack up themselves, myself, and my younger sister into the car and go to look for another house. Even at '60's home prices, we never could find anything we could afford. Thus, I lived in that too small--for the family--rented house till I went away to college. Of course, the houses we looked at were nothing like the one that is for sell in the area in which I live now.

4 car garage
5 bedrooms
6 baths (they say 6, I say 7)

6465 square feet

his and her . . .
--closets -- studies

library (librarian extra)
pantry

rooms
--cigar -- dining -- exercise -- family -- game -- mud -- play -- utility -- wine

and saltwater pool with swim up bar (bartender extra)

And, of course, if you have to ask the price, then you can't afford it.

Next time: another blast from the past
AoTFan

« Reply #1387 on: October 25, 2018, 06:37:51 PM »

Beethoven's most well known piece "Für Elise", was actually published 40 years after his death.
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« Reply #1388 on: October 25, 2018, 10:28:26 PM »

That is true . . . also, the original title of the piece was actually "Furry Lease."

It was written after Beethoven had spent most of his small savings investing in an American trapping firm that had leased out a large tract of the Ohio River valley, promising a huge return selling beaver furs to European nobles to make hats.  But then the bottom fell out of the beaver market, the investors lost everything. and Beethoven's celebratory aria seemed misplaced. So he filed the sheet music away.  It was found years later by his granddaughter's maid, Elise, who erased the original title and replaced it with her own name.

I know it's true, I read it on the internet!!! BounceGiggle BounceGiggle TeddyR Lookingup

(Or maybe I just made it up . . .)   Wink

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1389 on: October 29, 2018, 04:37:16 PM »

Another blast from the past.

Each year, Walt Disney World holds 3 to 4 food festivals.
Disneyland holds 1 or 2.
And even in the home of haute cuisine, France, Disneyland Paris holds a food festival. Though, that one celebrates regional French cuisine instead of international cuisine.

They are held because they attract a great number of foodies. Though, even the folks that hold them are surprised by the increasing number of teen and even pre-teen foodies these festivals attract.

Thus, it is no surprise that when Sebastian's Bistro opened in the Caribbean Beach Resort at Walt Disney World. There was a kid's menu.

Kids' menus do not surprise me. For when I was a kid, some restaurants offered kids' menus, which offered everything from turkey with all the trimmings to the hot dog. That was the lunch and dinner menu. There was also a kids' breakfast menu. Here the highlight was a half dozen silver $ pancakes. So called, because they were the size and--frequently--the hardness of a $ dollar.

Heck! Anybody here old enough to remember when the silver $ was in wide spread use as currency, especially in the American West, where the $ slots required a silver dollar to play?

No, what surprises me is what the kids' menu at Sebastian's Bistro offers kids.
--shrimp on a skewer
--jerk chicken
--Jamaican meat pie

And for all the little vegetarians and vegans out there, whole wheat penne pasta. When I was that young, not only was I not a vegetarian or vegan, I probably couldn't even spell the words.

Though, it is heartening that more teens and pre-teens are taking an interest in what they eat.

To survive in this day and age, more magazines are coming out with special editions that focus on one special subject. For example, the subject of witchcraft of both today and yesterday. And my next post will be on that subject. So . . .

Next time: it's witchcraft!

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1390 on: November 02, 2018, 04:08:04 PM »

Search your feelngs,  you know it to be true!

claws
« Reply #1391 on: November 02, 2018, 07:53:05 PM »

Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1392 on: November 03, 2018, 06:33:54 AM »

The maximum length of a single post on this forum is 80,000 characters.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1393 on: November 03, 2018, 07:00:50 AM »

The maximum length of a single post on this forum is 80,000 characters.
Is that what it is? I know I once tried to post the Z volume of The World Book Encyclopedia and it wouldn't let me.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1394 on: November 05, 2018, 02:56:49 PM »

It's witchcraft!

But, 1st, let me say this on that.
1st. While other religions were involved, the ones mentioned were the predominant religion in that time at that place.
2nd. The religions of today are not the same religions of the 16th and 17th century.

Time: 1692
Salem Witch Trials
Place: Salem (Massachusetts)
Victims: 20
Religion: Congregationalist

And while we rue the loss of life, especially as the victims were only guilty of being the wrong person, in the wrong place, at the wrong time. The number of victims pales when compared with the Witch Trials in Europe. 5 of the worst being listed here.

Time: 1590-1592
North Berwick Witch Trials
Place: Scotland
Victims: 70
Religion: Presbyterian

Time: 1609-1614
Basque Witch Trials
Place: Spain
Victims: 11
Religion: Catholicism

Time: 1626-1631
Bamberg Witch Trials
Place: Germany
Victims: unknown, but o'er 100

Time: 1674-1675
Torsaker Witch Trials
Place: Sweden
Victims: 71
Religion: Lutheran

Time: 1675-1690
Salzburg Witch Trials
Place: Austria
Victims: unknown, but about 200

A couple of aberrations (IMHO) make the above the most interesting of those listed.
1st. While males were victims. For example: 7 of the victims in the Salem Witch Trials were male. Most victims were female. Not here. The vast majority were male.
2nd. While children were victims. For example: a 5-year-0ld girl was accused, tried, and convicted at the Salem Witch Trials. Though, she was not executed. The same could not be said for her mother. Most of the victims were chronologically adult. Not here. The vast majority were young. Just teenagers and even pre-teen males.
3rd. One thing is similar to the other trials. The victims were the hapless, the helpless, the hopeless, or, here: beggars, homeless, orphans.

Next time: we'll think of something.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.