Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:18:16 PM
714237 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 636117 times)
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1530 on: July 02, 2019, 05:05:13 AM »

Andrew Lincoln of "The Walking Dead" is Ian (Jethro Tull) Anderson's son-in-law.

Wow: I didn't know that.  Smile Thumbup

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1531 on: July 02, 2019, 06:06:30 AM »

Clooney actually had personality.  Kilmer could have been replaced by a cardboard cutout in most of his scenes and nobody would have noticed. 

That's what they did with Bruce Lee in one of the scenes in Game of Death  Buggedout

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
BoyScoutKevin
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1532 on: July 05, 2019, 05:32:54 PM »

There again we'll put off, till next time, what we were going to post and post this instead.

Spider-man : Far from Home
The students, instead of attending a street festival in Prague, which is what they want to do, attend an opera, which is what they do not want to do. Though, some of the greatest music ever composed has been from operas and operettas and is still used in . . .

Events (both public and private) -- Films -- Radio -- Short subjects (both animated and live action) -- and TV.
And here are some examples.

Bizet
Carmen Fantasy for Orchestra

Donizetti
Sextet from Lucia de Lammermor

Mozart
Marriage of Figaro Overture

Rossini
Barber of Seville Overture
William Tell Overture

Verdi
Anvil Chorus from Il Trovatore
Brindisi from La Traviata
La Donna i Mobile from Rigoletto
The March from Aida

Von Suppe
Bocaccio Overture
Light Cavalry Overture
Poet and Peasant Overture

Wagner
Bridal March from Lohengrin
March from Tannahauser
Prelude to Act 3 of Lohengrin
Ride of the Valkyres from Die Walkure

Next time: the research should be done, and I should be able to post what I have been promising to post the last two time.

claws
« Reply #1533 on: July 12, 2019, 06:02:28 PM »

80% of all restaurants in Germany use Convenience food (prepared food) - processed meats, canned products, pre-cooked pasta and potatoes, sauces, vegetables.
Food that only needs to be reheated, in microwaves most likely  Bluesad
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1534 on: July 13, 2019, 04:12:07 AM »

80% of all restaurants in Germany use Convenience food (prepared food) - processed meats, canned products, pre-cooked pasta and potatoes, sauces, vegetables.
Food that only needs to be reheated, in microwaves most likely  Bluesad

Urgh, that sucks.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1535 on: July 13, 2019, 05:00:46 PM »

The Most Haunted Place in the U.S.?
Probably The Happiest Place in the U.S.
Here are some of the haunts that have  been reportedly seen at Disneyland.

01. Debbie Stone
a cast member who was killed in a workplace accident while working at America Sings, which no longer exists at Disneyland.

02. Disco Debbie
another cast member, but this one at Space Mountain, and who apparently suffered a stroke while in the backstage area of the attraction.

03. Dolly
a guest who was killed while riding the Matterhorn, when she removed her safety restraint. People, they are there for a reason.

04. The Ghost Who Prefers Blondes
on the People Mover, if there is a blonde in the front seat and an empty seat in back, there is a ghost who likes to sit in the back and muss with the blonde's hair.

05. The Haunted Mansion Heart Attack
apparently, the attraction was so scary, that one of the 1st guests to ride it--died, and now he is a permanent part of the attraction.

To be continued . . .
chainsaw midget

« Reply #1536 on: July 13, 2019, 09:47:11 PM »

The person who wrote the song Take me out to the Ball game, had never actually been to a ball game until after he wrote it. 
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1537 on: July 21, 2019, 01:31:35 PM »

Continuation . . .

06. The Monorail Ghost
An young man tried to sneak into Disneyland by following the monorail into Disneyland, and when spotted, he laid down on the track. Unfortunately, a train was coming at that time, and more unfortunately, there was not enough space between him and the train for the train to pass over him, so he was killed.

07. Mr. One-way
A man with a heart condition failed to heed the warning about not riding Space Mountain, if one has a heart condition, had a heart attack and died. Now he rides it permanently, but, only one way.

08. The Musical Ghost of the Haunted Mansion
Music is heard when the ride is closed to guests, but, no one is there in the area, from where the music comes.

09. The Pilot on Permanent Vacation
Apparently, a decade before Disneyland was built, there was a plane crash in that area that killed the pilot. Maybe he knew something. His plane is gone, but, he is still there.

10. The Woman in White
Another blast from the past. A ghost wearing all white has been seen in the park, and they know she is not from this time, as she wears out of date clothes.

To be continued . . .
chainsaw midget

« Reply #1538 on: July 22, 2019, 08:31:36 AM »

It's a widely repeated fact that the Great Wall of China can be seen from the moon. 

This is false.  This "fact" originated from Ripley's Belive it or Not before space travel was even possible. 

Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1539 on: July 24, 2019, 04:41:57 AM »

Fact of the day: the world is now a slightly better place.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/li-peng-former-chinese-premier-and-butcher-of-beijing-dies-at-90/ar-AAEKCzi

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1540 on: July 25, 2019, 06:11:36 PM »

Continuation . . .

11. George
just George

One need not have died at the "Haappiest Place in the U.S." to haunt it. One need only have one's ashes scattered there, which is how we got . . .

12. The Crying Boy
at the Haunted Mansion

13. The Boy at the Pirates of the Caribbean.

and there is one other haunt that has supposedly been seen, and that is . . .

14. Walt Disney
apparently, still keeping an eye on the place, some 64 years after he built it.

Next time: Conclusion
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1541 on: August 03, 2019, 03:55:31 PM »

Continuing . . . Conclusion

Going on as to why there may be so many haunts at "The Happiest Place on Earth."

1st. Most of those who are said to haunt the place either died violently or unexpectedly.

2nd. At over 100 acres, there is plenty of room for them to spread out, as can be seen by what part of the park they haunt.
haunted mansion (4) -- space mountain (2) -- america sings (1) -- matterhorn (1) -- monorail (1) -- people mover (1)

3rd. And as this is private property, ghost hunters are not allowed on the property, thus they are safe from being bothered by ghost hunters.

Actually, this may not only be the most haunted place in the U.S. It may be the most haunted place in the world. The only place that I have found, that may have as many identified haunts as this, is the Tower of London (England.) And there the haunts are far older. some of them going back to the 2nd half of the 15th century or some 500 years ere Disneyand was built.

Next time: Tiger? Tiger! Burning bright! What will you have this night?
Svengoolie 3

« Reply #1542 on: August 03, 2019, 04:17:17 PM »

If there really are ghosts and hauntings at sites where people died violently why wouldn't places where mass murders were  committed like death camps,  gulags,  the killing fields,  etc be littered with ghosts?

The doctor that circumcised Trump threw away the wrong piece.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #1543 on: August 08, 2019, 07:09:27 PM »

Tiger? Tiger! Burning bright! What will you eat tonight?

badger -- bear -- bison -- buffalo
crocodile
deer
elephant
fish -- frog
human
leopard
mouse
porcupine
rabbit
rhino
seal -- snake --squirrel
termite -- turtle
wild boar -- wolf

Though, there is one thing tigers will not eat, as they have a long memory, they will not eat Trevor's shorts. They still remember what happened to the first and last tiger to try to eat Trevor's shorts. Which is also why you will not find tigers in the wild in South Africa. After that one incident, they all moved to south Asia.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1544 on: August 09, 2019, 12:21:13 PM »

Phonetically, the Comanche word for "nothing" is "much."

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.