Main Menu

Fact Of The Day

Started by Nightowl, February 10, 2011, 01:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zombie no.one

The only member of ZZ Top not to have a beard was Frank Beard.
please do not mock my potato.

zombie no.one

If you say "name me a vegetable" nearly everyone says 'carrots'.
please do not mock my potato.

chainsaw midget

Tony Todd was given a bonus to make up for everytime he got stung by a bee while filming Candyman. 

He got stung 23 times during the making of the movie.

ER

There is a legal challenge underway to remove President Harding's remains from his grave, so a DNA test can be conducted, possibly verifying the heritage of a number of potential "natural" descendants of this philandering Chief Executive.
What does not kill me makes me stranger.

indianasmith

You know, I read a biography of him this summer which said that the entire Nan Britton story - that she was his mistress and bore him a daughter - never happened and was in fact a product of her vivid imagination and a desire to cash in on the recently deceased President's reputation.   
It may be impossible to prove at this point minus a DNA test, but it seems like surely there are some surviving Hardings - nieces or nephews or some such - that could provide a sample without disturbing the repose of an American President.
"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"

BoyScoutKevin

Quote from: zombie no.one on September 19, 2020, 03:38:32 PM

Tomatoes. Which actually is not a vegetable, but, botanically speaking is a berry.

BoyScoutKevin

Continuing victims of the virus

Boxers
--Curtis Cokes
--Jimmy Glenn

Herman Cain. businessman and presidentai candidate
Harry Grimes. bassist
Momcilo Krajisnik. Bosnian war criminal
Tom Seaver. baseball player

To be continued . . .

BoyScoutKevin

Joe Diffie. country music singer
Alan Garfield. character actor
Luis Sepulveda. Chilean writer
Beryl Berny. children's TV hostess
Yu Libua. Chinese-American novelist

To be continued . . .

BoyScoutKevin

Bill "Midnight Cowboy" Mack. dj
Mort Drucker. caricaturist

The last is something of a guess, or, so I have heard, but, he was suffering from breathing problems, which is a classic symptom of the virus.

To be continued . . .

Alex

In 'Charlie & The Chocolate Factory', Charlie was originally supposed to be black.
I'll show you ruin
I'll show you heartbreak
I'll show you lonely
A sorrow in darkness

chainsaw midget

The director of the movie "Cannibal Holocaust" was arrested for murder and had to prove his innocence by calling in all his "murdered" actors. This is because the courts could not understand how an impalement scene was done and believed an actress was murdered for the sake of the movie.

BoyScoutKevin

Martin Lovett. English cellist and last surviving member of the Amadeus Quartet.
Tim Brooke-Taylor. English comedian. Of the Goodies.
Dave Greenfield. English musician. Of the Stranglers.

To be continued . . .

BoyScoutKevin

Continuing victims of the virus.

David Owen Brooks. henchman
While there have  been more infamous serial killers and since his time, there have been 2 or 3 serial killers that had more victims, but, at the time these serial killings came to light, the man he worked for had the record for the most serial killings at 28 or 29. There may be a couple of reasons for this.
1st. While most victims are just dumped out in the open somewhere, these victims were buried. Most in a boat shed near Houston (Texas) but others in the piney woods of east Texas and others along the Texas Gulf Coast.
2nd. While most victims up to this time were female, these victims were all male, and ranged in age from 7 to 8 and 20 to 21.
The man may have kept on killing, if he had not been shot and killed by another of his henchmen.

To be continued . . .

BoyScoutKevin

Musicians
--Bootsie Barnes
--Lee Konitz
--Ellis Marsalis. father of Wynton, Brandford, Delfeayo, and Jason.

John Horton Carny. mathematican
Steve Dalkowski. minor league baseball player and the inspiration for Bull Durham.
Mexican singer. Oscar Chavez
magician. Roy Horn. of Siegfried and Roy.
Bennie Adkis. Medal of Honor winner

To be continued . . .

pacman000

Quote from: BoyScoutKevin on September 22, 2020, 04:36:08 PM
Quote from: zombie no.one on September 19, 2020, 03:38:32 PM

Tomatoes. Which actually is not a vegetable, but, botanically speaking is a berry.

Depending on the definition, all fruits are vegetables:

Quotevegetable
[ˈvejtəb(ə)l, ˈvəjədəb(ə)l]
NOUN

a plant or part of a plant used as food, typically as accompaniment to meat or fish, such as a cabbage, potato, carrot, or bean.
"fresh fruit and vegetables" · [more]
synonyms:
herb · flower · shrub · weed · greenery · flora · vegetation · undergrowth · herbage · verdure

informal
a person with a dull or inactive life.
"I thought I'd sort of flop back and be a vegetable for a bit"