Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:43:40 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127
Author Topic: Fact Of The Day  (Read 631332 times)
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1860 on: May 20, 2022, 11:16:31 PM »

Piers Morgan tells of an occasion in which he saw President Clinton shake dozens of hands at a function, then turn around and scoop up a piece of pie in his own unwashed right hand, and set about devouring it. Oh my.

I'd be more worried if I had touched Piers Morgan to be fair. There isn't enough sterilizing fluid in the world to cleanse that kind of taint.

Ha! I take it Piers Morgan is yucky?

He is a pretty foul example of humanity who should have served jail time imo. There was a scandal where journalists from Rupert Murdock's newspapers in the UK were hacking into people's phones and listening to their voice mails, including in one case where a young girl went missing. When voice mails were being deleted from her phone, it gave the police and her family hope that she was still alive. It turned out the hackers were deleting messages because her phone was full and they wanted to get new ones. The girl was later found dead. Due to political connections, the people in charge involved mostly lost jobs rather than facing criminal convictions. He had moved on from being the editor of The Sun by the time the scandal broke, but there was some evidence that it was happening during his time there and with his knowledge. Nothing was ever proven though. Generally, The Sun was one of the worst papers for making up stories and telling outright lies.

Yeah, that's bad.

Piers recently returned to tv with a new show with him avowing he was going to use it to "cancel, cancel culture". The first episode featured an interview with ex-prez trump and pulled in 400,000 viewers. A few weeks later his viewing figures have plummeted to 10,000 and falling (although for the channel he is on, this is still a high number of viewers compared to the other shows it has).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #1861 on: May 25, 2022, 11:33:25 AM »

Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain lived  the last forty years of his life with a bullet lodged in his bladder.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
claws
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #1862 on: May 26, 2022, 02:42:28 AM »

Germany has one of the highest rates of gun ownership worldwide, yet also one of the lowest rates of gun-related deaths.

Is it October yet?
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1863 on: May 26, 2022, 02:47:39 AM »

Germany has one of the highest rates of gun ownership worldwide, yet also one of the lowest rates of gun-related deaths.

Here in South Africa people were disarmed in 1994 as the new government feared a revolution and it is extremely difficult to get a firearm licence. Firearms are also hideously expensive.

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #1864 on: May 27, 2022, 08:45:03 AM »

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
chainsaw midget

« Reply #1865 on: May 27, 2022, 05:56:54 PM »

It's now Ben's Original Rice instead of Uncle Ben's Rice, but before it was even that it was originally promoted as Uncle Bens Plantation Rice. 

Who is Uncle Ben?  There's actually very little information on him.  We don't even known his real last name.  We do know, however that he was a rice farmer in Texas in the 1940s (possibly.  It could have been the 30s or earlier) who was renowned for his rice. 

The reason he's "Uncle Ben" and not "Mr. Ben" is because at the time the product was first named, white people often felt uncomfortable calling black people Mister, so Aunt and Uncle were often used in it's place for older black people. 

However the guy you see on the labels isn't Uncle Ben.  It's a man named Frank Brown who worked at a restaurant frequented by the man who owned "Converted Brand Rice".  He paid Frank the equivalent of $50 for his likeness and used it to rebrand his rice company.   

lester1/2jr
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1866 on: May 27, 2022, 11:18:51 PM »

"Marriages between relatives are widespread in the Middle East, particularly in Saudi Arabia, where a government study has found that 56.8% of all marriages are between first and second cousins or more distant relatives."
chainsaw midget

« Reply #1867 on: May 29, 2022, 12:22:50 PM »

Recent studies have discovered that Sand Tiger Sharks engage in cannibalism even fore they're born.  While still in the womb, unborn baby sharks eat their siblings to satisfy their hunger.
claws

Occidentali's Karma

« Reply #1868 on: November 05, 2022, 11:42:16 AM »

Corporal punishment in German schools ended in 1973 but was not completely abolished until 1983.

It is still legal in America. More than 167,000 students were paddled in the 2011–2012 school year in American public schools.

Is it October yet?
chainsaw midget

« Reply #1869 on: November 14, 2022, 08:06:05 PM »

If you could empty out Loch Ness (of both the water and that big dinosaur that lives in it) you could fit every single person in the planet in it.  They probabaly wouldn't like it though.
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1870 on: November 20, 2022, 12:26:04 AM »

I have insomnia. Um, yaaaay.

chainsaw midget

« Reply #1871 on: November 20, 2022, 09:15:12 AM »

A painting that had been missing and assumed lost for 90s years was rediscovered when an art historian sat down with his young daughter to watch Stuart Little and saw it hanging in the background of a scene as set dressing. 
Morpheus, the unwoke.
Bad Movie Lover

I am a Bill Maher Democrat. Deal with it.

« Reply #1872 on: November 20, 2022, 07:30:10 PM »

Russia's total gdp os only a bit larger than NYC's, and a bit smaller than New York state's.

They will come back, come back again, As long as the red earth rolls. He never wasted a leaf or a tree. Do you think he would squander souls?” ― Ruyard Kipling

We all come from the goddess and to her we shall return, like a drop of rain flowing to the ocean.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1873 on: November 21, 2022, 01:28:45 AM »

Australians export camels to the Middle East.

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #1874 on: December 02, 2022, 02:55:17 PM »

Charlie Chaplin and Groucho Marx met while performing in a theater in Manitoba. Marx was seventeen and Chaplin a year older. While Marx did a standard Vaudeville comedy routine, Chaplin's act was insane and involved him pretending to be a drunk who staggered up to a balcony two stories above the stage, then spilled stuporously off the balcony, only to catch himself on the handrail with the crook of his umbrella. Even half a century later Marx would say it was the craziest thing he'd ever seen a comedian do, yet Chaplin did this hundreds of times without incident.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Fact Of The Day « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.