Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:02:17 AM
713409 Posts in 53060 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MONSTERS (2010) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MONSTERS (2010)  (Read 2187 times)
indianasmith
Archeologist, Theologian, Elder Scrolls Addict, and a
B-Movie Kraken

A good bad movie is like popcorn for the soul!

« on: February 13, 2011, 09:03:45 AM »

Six years ago NASA discovered the possibility of extraterrestrial life in our own solar system and launched a probe to collect samples.  The probe broke up on re-entry and crashed into northern Mexico.  A few months later, mysterious life forms began showing up in Northern Mexico, and the entire northern quarter of the country was quarantined to keep them from spreading.  A huge wall was built to contain the creatures from entering the USA.
  Our story follows a jaded, cynical journalist and the daughter of a publishing magnate.  She is injured when one of the creatures attacks a hotel; he is tasked with getting her safely back to the U.S. When they miss the last ship leaving Mexico, they have to travel through the infected zone to "The Wall".
   Some beautiful visual effects in what turned out to be a very low budget film.  My biggest gripe is there is a LOT of time spent on character development and not much time at all on monsters!  The creatures get maybe ten minutes of screentime in a 90 minute movie.  But, it is still effective.  Overall, this one is worth watching.  But don't expect tons of cool monster effects.

"I shall smite you in the nostrils with a rod of iron, and wax your spleen with Efferdent!!"
Nathan45
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 09:11:51 AM »

For the budget, this is a incredible film.  The problem is that from the viewers end it costs the same to watch a low budget film as a 100 million dollar one.  Having said that, I was impressed with what they managed to do.  As long as you willing to forgive a VERY slow middle, its worth a look.
claws
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 12:48:30 PM »

Can't go wrong with one of Stephen King's favorite movies of 2010. It's a 2010 fave of mine as well. Quite enjoyed this.
Hammock Rider
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 11:57:25 AM »

I liekd it and I think the crew that made it shows promise.

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 09:22:59 PM »

This is on my too watch list. It looks pretty good. The primary reason it interest me is that the director of the film is supposedly going to be directing the new legendary pictures Godzilla movie.

dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 04:50:59 PM »

I thought it was great.  The restraint in showing the monsters whilst partly budget related, also made the last scene work well too.  Those tree-things that glowed were pretty cool too.

The photographer also has a great comeback when the girl tells him off for only getting paid when something bad happens [being a war photographer]

They had a good chemistry and it looked fantastic, even without mention of the budget.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Criswell
i got better
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 09:19:55 PM »

I watched the movies yesterday. I can honestly say I thought it was one of the better movies from 2010 iv'e seen. I liked that you never really see the monsters much which kinda added a sense of realism to the whole thing. Nothing really feels fake in it I guess (other than the giant monsters).

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  MONSTERS (2010) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.