Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:28:43 PM
714321 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Whats The Oddest Decoration(s) You Have In Your House? « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Whats The Oddest Decoration(s) You Have In Your House?  (Read 10248 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2011, 09:40:23 AM »

Be kind.  My mother painted it years ago.  TeddyR

The Sheltie looks like my dog. Even has one ear up and the other slightly bent.

I suppose if we're talking about decorations, I can't include the weird stuff that just happens to be sitting in view. I've got two different electronic projects going on in front of the TV, with two tables full of tools and parts.

As for things that are meant to be seen, there are the full-sized, plaqued posters for Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Gone with the Wind, and the matted and framed black-and-white movie stills of Jimmy Stewart, Don Knotts (as the Love God), and Sean Connery and Donald Sutherland (both in top hats and mutton chops).

I've got a large framed set of 16mm film reels in various sizes, wound with an actual copy of "I Am Joe's Spine," a school film narrated by Burgess Meredith (wish I could play it). The reels are in a deep, glass-covered frame, on a background of red velvet, with a replica film slate and assorted b-movie stills mounted in an oversized strip of film made of black cardboard. Made it myself a few years ago. It's about the same height and width as the movie posters.

There is, of course, also the full-sized arcade machine in the dining room, with a full-sized dalek stenciled on one side, and the Doctor Who diamond logo on the other. Another one of my projects.

I've got copies of three computer ads from magazines in the early 80s, reduced and framed together. Shatner endorsing the Commodore VIC-20, Bill Cosby for Texas Instruments, and Isaac Asimov for the TRS-80.

I've reprinted and framed a few of my more interesting news photos. Firemen silhouetted against a burning barn, framed with a shot of Mennonites rebuilding it the following week. A thoroughly demolished minivan on the highway, with police and firemen in the foreground, and an air ambulance lifting off behind it. Three shots of a funnel cloud forming behind spectators at a tractor pull.

And we have an entire magnetic blackboard wall in the kitchen.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Umaril The Unfeathered
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Pelinal na vasha, racuvar! Sa yando tyavoy nagaia!

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2011, 10:06:59 AM »

I have my mancave walls covered with frames of Indian arrowheads I have found.

I have quite a few myself, but not to the degee you do.  I used to live along the Muscenetcong river in Asbury, NJ (Hunterdon County) and it was a hotbed of Lenni Lenape artifacts.  I remember finding many things there.

When we first moved there in 1975, I found a hide scraper chipped out or red flint as I dug up the garden bed for my mom.  Other additional finds include a few speartips and arrowheads with that "shoulder notch" so unique to the Eastern Woodlands and the Algonquin speakers that made up the majority of the area, from Maine to the Virginias.

It's so cool that we still have traces of the original peoples of North America right under our feet, and even cooler that many still practice the art of flint knapping and fletching to this day!

Tam-Riel na nou Sancremath.
Dawn's Beauty is our shining home.

An varlais, nou bala, an kynd, nou latta.
The stars are our power, the sky is our light.

Malatu na nou karan.
Truth is our armor.

Malatu na bala
Truth is power.

Heca, Pellani! Agabaiyane Ehlnadaya!
Be gone, outsiders! I do not fear your mortal gods!

Auri-El na nou ata, ye A, Umaril, an Aran!
Aure-El is our father, and I, Umaril, the king!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2011, 10:07:23 AM »

Nothing really odd.  I have a piece of abstract art hanging on the wall behind my bar.  My wife bought it in Brazil.  It consists of 6 separate abstractly painted pieces (one huge center piece, two rectangular pieces, and 3 square pieces).  You can arrange the pieces any way you want.  I'm proud of this because I used a laser-level, rulers, and tape measures to center it perfectly between two windows and make sure the 5 smaller pieces are equally spaced from the large center piece and/or each other.  It took me awhile to do the measuring and leveling, but I felt really good that I didn't screw it up.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2011, 02:18:55 PM »

I decorate the house with something unique from all of my victims. It's hard to pick out which is the oddest, though.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2011, 02:49:24 PM »

I decorate the house with something unique from all of my victims. It's hard to pick out which is the oddest, though.

Probably the pelvis from the Siamese twins who were joined at the hip.  But I'm just guessing . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ghouck

Afro-Mullets RULE!

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2011, 02:52:06 PM »

Probably the pelvis from the Siamese twins who were joined at the hip.  But I'm just guessing . . .

Or from the man with the five penises. You know his condoms fit like a glove. .

Raw bacon is GREAT! It's like regular bacon, only faster, and it doesn't burn the roof of your mouth!

Happiness is green text in the "Stuff To Watch For" section.

James James: The man so nice, they named him twice.

"Aw man, this thong is chafing my balls" -Lloyd Kaufman in Poultrygeist.

"There's always time for lubricant" -Orlando Jones in Evolution
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2011, 03:42:44 PM »

Or from the man with the five penises. You know his condoms fit like a glove. .

I WISH I had victims that interesting.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Flangepart

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2011, 05:03:17 PM »

And 8 inch 1954 Godzilla standing behind a .50 cal Browning MG.
An a 10 inch Gamera behind a .30 M1917 Browning MG.
I gave Godzilla the .50 since Gamera can fly.

I love finding the right toys to go together! Wink

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Whats The Oddest Decoration(s) You Have In Your House? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.