Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:26:44 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Chicken and Waffles « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Chicken and Waffles  (Read 7758 times)
Rev. Powell
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

Click on that globe for 366 Weird Movies

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2011, 02:55:27 PM »

Thanks to this thread, I ordered chicken and waffles yesterday.  Second time I've had them in my life.  An average of once every 20 years sounds about right.  Wink

I'll take you places the hand of man has not yet set foot...
claws
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 01:47:30 AM »

Guess who is serving chicken & waffles now?

Pilgermann
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 02:15:26 AM »

I've never had chicken and waffles, but this thread makes me realize it's high time that I do.

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 09:25:41 AM »

HAH! I saw a billboard for that on my way to work this morning. I thought, "hey there was that thread on badmovies.org. Anybody stateside who wants to try it now can. There are no chicken and waffle joints in Phoenix that I know about so I may have to head over to IHOP, there's one just around the corner.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
Silverlady
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 06:34:35 PM »

Had this delicious combination for the very first time two days ago. Surprisingly many of my friends had never heard of or had never tried it.
I thought it was great! It's basically like chicken nuggets with honey dip, except they serve it with maple syrup instead of honey.
This dish is sort of sweet but not really oozing with sweetness. My order came with a side of bacon flavored grits and two eggs. Everything went well together.

Recommended if you have never tried it.

Oh wow.  You whacky Americans and your odd eating habits   TeddyR

It might be delicious but I could feel my arteries hardening just looking at the photo!   Buggedout

And can someone tell me what grits are? 

KB,  out of curiosity, is KANGAROO on menus in your restaurants?

Hold onto your dreams ....
Couchtr26

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2011, 12:00:49 AM »

I find a slight irony with IHOP serving it.  I don't know suppose the whole Waffle House thing has me thinking it.  I'm off, sleep calls. 

Ah, the good old days.
A_Dubya
Bad Movie Lover

I'm no hero, never was. I'm just an old killer.

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 07:44:18 AM »

Delicious. I made that for myself about a month ago.

This space free, since Photobucket is on dust.

PSN ID: A_Dubya13
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 08:32:05 AM »

I've had garlic bread with pancakes. Call me weird.

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 10:33:33 AM »

Living in the land of poutine, I don't suppose I can criticize chicken and waffles. I just have a hard time imagining how anyone thought to put them together. The combination just doesn't sound like it would taste as good as it apparently does. Now I'm kind of intrigued. I don't think any place around here offers chicken and waffles on the menu, but I know where I can likely get the two put together. Can't do it at home, because I don't have a waffle iron, and I don't think Eggos would be good enough.

Really, with the maple syrup component, I'm surprised Canadians haven't embraced chicken and waffles yet. Is it more of a breakfast food, dinner or anytime food?

Mmmmm, all this talk of regional delicacies has put me in the mood for poutine.

And it's cousin, Newfoundland fries. French fries, stuffing, fried onions, cheese curds, peas and gravy. Oh, baby. I know what I'm making for dinner tonight. TeddyR

When I lived in the city, there were a couple of chip trucks owned by transplanted Newfies who made this. In the summer, we'd drive across the city just to eat it. Well, I'd eat it. My wife preferred the fish and chips.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
claws
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 11:01:27 AM »

Is it more of a breakfast food, dinner or anytime food?

from wikki:

A commonly quoted story is that the Wells Supper Club started selling the chicken and waffles dish to late-night patrons of their club in 1938 "as it was too late for dinner, and too early for breakfast"; so Wells Supper Club served both dishes on the one plate.

If anything, I'd say its ideal brunch food if you add the whole works (grits)

Hammock Rider

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2011, 12:18:32 PM »

I've had pizza and waffles but never chicken and waffles. I never knew a place that served it. But if it's out at the IHOP........

Jumping Kings and Making Haste Ain't my Cup of Meat
Couchtr26

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2011, 08:56:47 PM »

Living in the land of poutine, I don't suppose I can criticize chicken and waffles. I just have a hard time imagining how anyone thought to put them together. The combination just doesn't sound like it would taste as good as it apparently does. Now I'm kind of intrigued. I don't think any place around here offers chicken and waffles on the menu, but I know where I can likely get the two put together. Can't do it at home, because I don't have a waffle iron, and I don't think Eggos would be good enough.

Really, with the maple syrup component, I'm surprised Canadians haven't embraced chicken and waffles yet. Is it more of a breakfast food, dinner or anytime food?

And it's cousin, Newfoundland fries. French fries, stuffing, fried onions, cheese curds, peas and gravy. Oh, baby. I know what I'm making for dinner tonight. TeddyR

When I lived in the city, there were a couple of chip trucks owned by transplanted Newfies who made this. In the summer, we'd drive across the city just to eat it. Well, I'd eat it. My wife preferred the fish and chips.

I can't comment on origins but fried chicken lends itself to syrups.  I enjoy honey with mine religiously and would imagine maple syrup would be an excellent addition.  There is something about a very sweet sauce that is addictive with fried chicken. 

Ah, the good old days.
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2011, 07:45:37 AM »

Ewww... That makes me want to puke.

claws
« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2011, 08:06:07 AM »

I've never had poutine and no offense, it doesn't look very appetizing. I would still try it I guess.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2011, 08:22:24 AM »

I've never had poutine and no offense, it doesn't look very appetizing. I would still try it I guess.

That picture wasn't poutine, it was Newfoundland fries, and I agree they don't look as good as they taste. Poutine is just fries, cheese curds and gravy (and occasionally stuff like bacon or even donair meat in some places).

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Chicken and Waffles « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.