Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:55:21 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Mega Piranha « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Mega Piranha  (Read 30653 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: February 17, 2011, 01:17:09 PM »

Tiffany creates piranhas large enough to eat a battleship.  The fish never stop growing and never stop eating, despite the fact that they don't need to eat to grow and were designed to grow to eat.  If that last sentence doesn't make any sense to you, then I have successfully captured the spirit of this film.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
El Misfit
[Insert witty here]
B-Movie Kraken

Hi there!

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 01:50:33 PM »

the image where the mega piranha on the home page is definitely worth viewing. This might be a GOOD Asylum film to watch for once.  Buggedout

yeah no.
Torgo

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 03:08:37 PM »

Man this movie was a complete piece of crap. It's too bad that Tiffany still doesn't look as hot as she did in her nude Playboy pictorial from a few years back. That would have made it somewhat worth watching but only barely.

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Kaseykockroach
Cartoon Enthusiast and Muppet Fanatic
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 03:59:08 PM »

I think I recall coming across this on the Sci-Fi channel. Didn't this have no ending whatsoever (or at least something along the lines of "the piranhas ate each other" or something moronic like that)?

Closetshipper.deviantart.com

"You wanna be a genius, it's easy. All you gotta say is, everything stinks. Then you're never wrong."
peter johnson

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 05:27:19 PM »

I flat out love this movie, and so does my wife - Not only are the fish gloriously fake, they don't just get bigger, they get bigger or smaller from scene to scene - also their movment/swimming motion is looped (and Loopy!!).  The fish-fu sequence you include here is good for some laughs, but just the sudden unexpected flying through the air and exploding fish had us guffawing like mad - and it is very difficult to guffaw madly.  This film is stupid, moronic, silly, but we found it a real good time as well - y'all give it a chance now, y'hear?

peter johnson/denny I am an exploding fish! crane

I have no idea what this means.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2011, 05:34:39 PM »

Pupates. You learn something new every day. Pupates. I like it.

I am somewhat surprised that the film was placed in a specific South American country, here Venezuela, instead of the normal anonymous country situated somewhere in South America. I wonder how something that specific will play in Venezuela. I guess it depends on how popular the military is in Venezuela.

"Underwater canons." Last line. 18th paragraph. The definition of canon is a musical  composition in which two or more voices or instruments repeat a melody. I wonder if Slim Whitman is still available. It worked against the Martians in "Mars Attacks," and maybe it'll work against mega piranhas in "Mega Piranha."

As always loved the review.
Scott M.
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 05:58:21 PM »

I find it hilarious that in these "Giant Fish" movies that have been rolling out of Canada lately all feature some random battleship blasting away at the fish with their 16 inch guns !  Seriously.  If I had some giant fish swimming UNDER THE WATER toward me, I'd be, I don't know... using weapons that are designed to hit SUBMERGED TARGETS  like... I don't know.... TORPEDOES !!!!  Seriously !  These things are a win/win !  You just point them in the general direction of the target fish monster and the thing will TRACK THEM and BLOW THEM INTO FISH CHUNKS. 

Oh.  Wait.  I forgot.  The giant monster fish are always immune to explosives and are way smarter than the humans trying to kill them usually.
Verve
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 06:08:44 PM »

Loved this movie!  Complete nonsense.  When the Mega Piranha started jumping into houses my wife and I both lost it.  I didn't even realize that was Tiffany- she hasn't aged very well.  Spot on review.
Phred22
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, 08:42:33 PM »

Instead of saying "the hookers he rode in on," wouldn't it be better to say "the wh*res he rode in on"?
Flangepart

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 06:32:18 PM »

I could see it as a riff fest, but I can also understand your warning. Some MSTs hold up to repeted viewing than others, so there ya go.
Great review, of an incredably stupid movie.  Thumbup It needs a pro riffing.  TeddyR
Wish we could do a MST: The home game deal. Hummm... Wink
« Last Edit: February 23, 2011, 07:12:32 PM by Flangepart » Logged

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 10:30:01 PM »

Tiffany was in this movie because Debbie Gibson was in Giant Octopus vs Mega Shark.  After this they paired them up in Mega Python vs Gatoroid, for which Tiffany slimmed down considerably.  Unfortunately, this remains the high-water mark for the "franchise".  GOvMS had too little CGI and MPvG was just dull.  Mega Piranha on the the other hand is just about perfect blend of stunningly stupid plot, CGI, and corn ball acting.  I agree you'll be fast forwarding a bit on the 2nd viewing, but only a bit.  Once the fish start flying and exploding it's great fun.
Sitting Duck
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2011, 08:57:57 AM »

Colonel Diaz - Man, I miss the days when South America was filled with little pocket dictators who had more ammunition and drug money than brains.

I wasn't aware that particular situation had changed.  TongueOut
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2011, 12:58:15 AM »

She looks like someone you would expect to see in a Walmart at 2 AM, buying socks.
  BounceGiggle BounceGiggle  TeddyR

Now that Walmart is apparently coming to South Africa, I have the chance to experience that first hand.  TeddyR

Great review, Andrew: thanks. Just one thing though: I saw this DVD on sale here for SA Rand 39 ~ that is approximately $4 ~ is it worth it for that price?  Smile

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
SynapticBoomstick
Cinematic Monster Fanatic from Weird New Jersey
Bad Movie Lover

One monster with extra cheese, hold the plot.

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2011, 12:58:15 PM »

You could have at least thrown us all for a loop and picked a different clip to use BounceGiggle, piranha-kicking is never going to go away.

Kleel's rule is harsh :-B
Chris
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 01:56:30 PM »

What everyone else have already said and then some. It took me a while to recognize Tiff but that was not the reason I bought this movie (No cable, therefore no SyFy), the reason as the original trailer which included the Piranha KickBoxing (hahahahaha!). That should be an Olympic sport or on ESPN!
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Mega Piranha « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.