Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:28:58 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Mega Piranha « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Mega Piranha  (Read 30649 times)
Torgo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 06:05:59 PM »

You know that a film company knows that their movie is complete crap when it came out on blu-ray originally for only 4.99 at most stores for regular price. Ha!

"There is no way out of here. It'll be dark soon. There is no way out of here."
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 03:07:40 PM »

"Underwater canons." Last line. 18th paragraph. The definition of canon is a musical  composition in which two or more voices or instruments repeat a melody. I wonder if Slim Whitman is still available. It worked against the Martians in "Mars Attacks," and maybe it'll work against mega piranhas in "Mega Piranha."

Curse my lack of a second "n" in that word!

Great review, Andrew: thanks. Just one thing though: I saw this DVD on sale here for SA Rand 39 ~ that is approximately $4 ~ is it worth it for that price?  Smile

I'd say it's worth it, because the first viewing is so gloriously bad.

Instead of saying "the hookers he rode in on," wouldn't it be better to say "the wh*res he rode in on"?

That does have a better ring to it.

Loved this movie!  Complete nonsense.  When the Mega Piranha started jumping into houses my wife and I both lost it.  I didn't even realize that was Tiffany- she hasn't aged very well.  Spot on review.

Seeing the giant piranhas crashing into buildings had the exact same effect and us.  We completely lost it, and I think that I had to pause the movie until we got the laughter under control. 

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Trevor
Uncle Zombie and Eminent Shitologist
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2011, 01:15:23 AM »

Just another thing: some of these screenshots ~ the one of Tiffany and the guy with that weird looking rifle ~ look as though the film was going to be shot in 3D. I'm just looking at the way the shots were composed and I would hate to have Tiff's 3D boobies in my face. Buggedout

I'd say it's worth it, because the first viewing is so gloriously bad.

Ka-ching! Bought!  TeddyR

I know I can make it on my own if I try, but I'm searching for the Great Heart
To stand me by, underneath the African sky
A Great Heart to stand me by.
Racist Melon Farmer
Dedicated Viewer

Got Sodium?

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 04:18:01 PM »

I agree with Trevor, this movie must have had 3D aspirations- notice how one of the fish gets kicked toward the viewer in the video clip, classic 3D move. This one is definitely going in my queue!

Foolish Earthlings! Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!
Kevin Bachelder
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2011, 01:23:24 PM »

I thought that Tiffany was much better in Mega Python vs Gatoroid than in this one.  She was horrible here which was fun but, wow, she was bad.

Kevin

Fan of Science Fiction or Fantasy?
Then you might enjoy listening to these podcasts...

Saturday B Movie Reel (covering Syfy channel & other B movies)
http://www.saturdaybmoviereel.com

Tuning In To Scifi TV (covering all genre TV shows)
http://www.tuningintoscifitv.com
King Kool
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2011, 02:49:08 PM »

My impersonation of Barry Williams answering the phone, "I'll take it!"
yannick
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2011, 06:46:09 AM »

I really don't know if its a sick joke and they expect to make money out of all of theses very bad movies but i am just not even paying attention to them anymore.

The asylum website is actually build on cheap remakes, i visited the site after one of my work buddies gave me a compilation of a few of theses movies, like sharktopus, giant this vs giant that and more.

I was literally shocked at the cheap special effects, the bad acting, and how hard they tried to rip off other them movies.

I am all for a good B movies, i am such a fan of all the star wars rip off make back in the eighties, the monster movies with a guy in a suit and more, but if you don't have the money to make a movie at least one bit believable with the CG effect then why bother doing that movie anyways.

If i was 5 years old all over again and my father used to bring me to the theater to watch Godzilla movies still with better effect then all asylum movies, with my tiny little kid brain of the time i might be able to ignore the special effect and be impressed.

But to be honest how can they continue to exist producing bad movies like that, most of them being rated in the 1.5 to 3.9 on most website who actually take the time to review that garbage.
DrSeruzawa
New Visitor

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 10:05:13 AM »

Colonel Diaz made this movie. There's nothing like an evil villain who knows he's evil and loves it.

While I usually avoid this SyFy "Original Movie" crapola I gotta admit there's a certain charm to giant piranhas that can destroy fast attack submarines so easily. Plus there was a certain dadaesque quality to seeing a 200lb Tiffany pretending to do action sequences. At least she was able to do the "genius scientist" shtick better than that airhead Denise Richards in "The World Is Not Enough". Of course probably no woman ever did a worse job of depicting a genius scientist than Silicone Denise.
cdk
New Visitor

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2011, 12:19:35 AM »

How can you not love this movie ?  There was action, witty dialogue, and ridiculous special effects.  And the movie only gets better with each viewing.  How often do you get to see a movie where the lead actor kicks giant fish in the face soccer style while lying down on his back.  That scene alone makes this movie an instant classic.  And what makes the scene especially good is the fish aren't jumping out of the water which is to Fitch's left.  It wasn't until Fitch kicked the last fish toward the camera that I realized the movie is meant to be a spoof of Piranha 3D.  And what about the scene when Fitch cold-cocks the guy at the check point when he's asked for his "papers," and then when they're being chased while Fitch is driving Tiffany's car and she  yells at Fitch to go faster, and he responds, "You could have had a faster car."  I loved this movie.  It was fun without being too serious.
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Mega Piranha « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.